UTG MPA4/5 SD conversion

bignaz

Ok first you need the SD front end. You can get this from a GB MP5 SD5 or 6 or a Well MP5 or 6.

Remove your stock front end. This is don't by taking out that screw under your hop up adjustment lever. After you pull your front end off put it side in a safe place. Then wrack the stock fuse assembly in electrical tape.

Now remove the SD front end from the donor gun. First lets prep the sides of the SD grip. You will need to notch out the side to let it fit. This will also let you move the hop up adjustment. should look like this when your done.

de8f00a6.jpg

Next is modding the SD cocking tube. First you will see a tube on the end that fits into the lpeg body. you need to chop this off. then you will be left with a inner tube inside the cocking tube. Dermal that down until a little then do a test fit. Keep dremaling down the inside lip until it fits. should look something like these pics when your done. Red is showing what you need to Dermal.

910a7422.jpg

f3791d35.jpg

Next install the cocking tube. then you will need to put on your sides. Red is the screws that are for the body. Blue is the screw that holds the cocking tube to the gun.

a322e3c1.jpg

Front sight is attached by the 2 screws in red.96e758f3.jpg

Just put your fuse assemble on the side of the barrel and run your batt. connector under your barrel to the other side. This will protect your fuse front he batt. and your done. Heres a pic of what the new UTG SD5 looks like.d45dd820.jpg

Any questions just ask and i'll help you out. Total cost was $25 usd for the LEPG MP5 SD5 from www.airsplat.com Took no more than about a hour of work to mod the parts and set it all up. The silencer works and gives the gun a more muffled sound.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would buying the SD gun then switching parts be better than just buying a silencer? I'm more concerned with the silencer itself than the front grip. Is the silencer stuck to the SD front? I totally wouldn't mind buying a crappy sub $30 mp5 cause I could just hand it off to a friend to mess around with.

It does take some of the sound away.

Sound file first shots are of my UTG MP5SD5 with no silencer then with it.

Direct link to the file incase the atachment dosent work. You may need to join my yahoo groupe to play the file im not shure.

http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wHUsQ7TIP-HWd...XlfBOtA/mp5.wav

mp5.wav

Thanks for the feed back guys. that silcener is off a Well Lpeg along with the rest of the front end.

the silencer its self is nice. works well its kinda heafty and only takes 1/4 turn to take it on and off.

lol i got the first fully upgraded UTG lol. everything but a barrel but i'll have that monday lol full systam inturnals woot.

Only reason i did the SD conversion because like 3 million people are gonna have this gun in a month lmfao so i just wanted to be the first to have the SD conversion and the first to fully hop it up.

Side note with the upgrades "same as my TM SD6" people that i play with are swareing i just changed the stock untill they look close and dont see trademarks. Since i upgraded mine 5 of my buddys have bought them.

Back on topic tho. Anyone use my guide yet? if so did you run into any problems so i can fix it and make the guide newb frendly.

Considering I don't have a dremal (I know, a nececssity for any hardcore ASoft user that I'll eventually have to get...) could I just jack the silencer off of the Well SD? Or maybe for some $$ You could do the conversion for me =D I like the skinnier look it's disgustingly sexy.

Also which silencer to get? Will the $20 ones work on the accessories page of airsoftatlanta.com http://airsoftatlanta.com/access.htm . It says it should but would it be threaded screw on or 3-set screws?

Thanks!

i could do the conversion for you its simply and i could just use my gun as to make shure it fits but right now im im kinda busy with stuff lol. Maybe in a few days i could see.

that silcener wont work. and for $20 is a rip. so far the only working silceners that i know work on the mp5 are the wells or the TM socoms.

to use a threaded one you will need a union from a hardware store. just take your muzzle in there and match up the size and thred then screw that in and screw your silcener into that. another way would be to get this http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-UP-SCP-SH001.htm and you can put the atapter that it comes with in your muzzle and screw it on or you can glue the atapter in. best of all $12 and its metal

Hot damn son you freaking R0KZERRZZZ!!!!! 2 delicious options!! (Well 3 if you wanna do SD for me =D) And a union I'm guessing that's one of those 4 things the socom silencer comes with? But I think the piece would have to be hollow as well? All-metal looks sexy but there's the dimples and creases in it. That could be super-sweet but I might want clean smooth metal. =O who knows!

Maybe I should pay $$$ to get the SD cause it actually makes a sexier noise!! Would you do it for phr33? Well I dunno if I could let my baby go for too long. I don't even have it yet =D Comes on Tuesday the 21st of Sept. Anyways thx...

yeah by tuesday i should be able to tell you what size of inion and thread pitch you will need. shouldent be more than $1

the union is a hallow threaded bolt. think of it like this, you know how the stock flash hider screws on? well its like that only its threaded all the way so you screw that into the gun then you can screw a silcener on that.

yeah everyone loves the way it sounds with it. 2 of my buddys that have utg's "got them after they shoot mine and was like wow this isent junk its swee" they just bought some sd6's so im gonna do theres cocking tube is a diff. shade of black but i spraryed mine with ruberizeing spray paint and now its allmost a perfect match and i did my handguard cuz i wanted the rubber like feel.

yeah its super easy. hardest part is dremaling out the inside of the cocking tube but if you take your time and be careful you wont have any problems. just remember do some dremaling and then test fit it to the gun.

I was thinking about if people really need help to just get on my web cam and show them step by step live.

And maybe afterwards we could get a bit naughty with a dual-webcam *chaffinch*-chat =D. JK Sexy boy. It's real nice when people start threads then 'take good care' of it cause you're doing a good job sorta like Staticzero in the mp5 thread. Anyways I'm beginning to think more and more that the stock grip is a bit obese and fat and the thin one is so much sexier, plus it really does get rid of noise.

Also, for $30 you can give the leftover LPEG to a friend (I've already got one so two ain't so bad) so they can see what it's like. Firing LPEGs is cool and it's making me get better ones. It's only when you mess with the $$$ TM's and such that the LPEGs become pure poop. However, it's a full-auto mini-elec so it's something to fire back with if they wanna play and it'll make them buy one cause they'll be like WOW UBZAZARR.

-Hammertime Jesus Freak

yeah its super easy. hardest part is dremaling out the inside of the cocking tube but if you take your time and be careful you wont have any problems. just remember do some dremaling and then test fit it to the gun.

I was thinking about if people really need help to just get on my web cam and show them step by step live.

Thank you so much for your help. That Webcam thing is a great idea. tell me if your gunna do that so then i know exactly what im doing :D . Thanks Again

Ok i'll post a time in here and a date.

As for dual web cam naughty chat thats $16.99 for a 30 min show lmfao j/k I kinda like the fat sd front end the SD5 screams navy seal lol.

I got another UTG on the way i should have it Wed. Then friday i'll order my upgrades for it. I was thinking a tight bore barrel, systam bushing and area 1000 poly ball bearing head and ball bearing spring guide and a m100.

a little off this topic but my buddy drilled his stock piston head and useing the stock 0 ring you can tell that theres been a improvement in fps. all you gotta do is drill it like a ca head so the air in the holes expands the o ring giveing it a better seal. in statics topic theres nice pics and pics of a ca head and you can look at them and see how to drill. When we crono it i'll post some number but untill we get to the crono im not gonna make any clames on how much of a fps gain it is.

Archived