KJW ".45 Auto" gas woes

Megalomaniac

Well now it seems that every so often my KJW will shoot a BB and the entire magazine worth of gas, have any other KJW .45 owner's noticed this? Although it seems like it only happens if theres a little too much gas, since I don't have gas on me I can't test it. But I think its either:

1. Too much gas.

or

2. The hammer spring is to stiff and is hitting the valve rather hard cause it to stick.

The thing is that 3-4 second fills sometimes barely give it enough gas to finish a magazine, and other times I get approx 52 shots out of it from the same length fill.

I don't claim to have any expereince but on another thread somewhere someone claimed that KJW mags leaked gas very often, someone else said something about taking the O-rings out and dousing them with lube.

I don't know if this will help but I thought I might bring it up anyway, I'll try to find the link for the thread for you if you want.

This gun is pissing me off, now when i fill it I can only fire two shots before all the gas, either blows out of the barrel or just disappears. What should I do? I'm ready to see if airsoft atlanta is willing to exchange it for another one, which inveitably will also come messed up. This kind of thing is just my luck.

• 4 months later...

did you ever get this problem fixed, meg? i ask because i just recently had a chance to try my FMV P14, and i'm having the same issues. after a few shots, the gas just shoots out of the barrel. this only happens if i'm firing it with BBs in it, or holding the slide stop down and dry firing it. it doesn't happen if i let it lock back, then release the slide.

the problem with the KJW guns is build quality and quality control of their components. we got in a batch of p14s before and every single one dumped gas because the mag o-rings are all oversized. after taking the valve and the stock o-rings to the mecca of o-rings, the sales staff were able to provide us with the proper sizes and that ended the gas dumping problems. it really helps to have your own digital caliper. every single KJW gbb i've ever worked on needs new o-rings at one time or another. it's just sad that i had to replace them straight out of the factory.

well, ######. i managed to fix one problem, and create another. i accidentally stretched the spring he said not to stretch, before realizing there was a second spring somewhere in there (which i found, and stretched). well, now the gun fires fine, with no gas dumpage. but it shoots bb's 3 feet, because the first spring is totally knackered. ######. if i get a new blowback chamber, possibly a WA one, will it have the new spring?

I got the problem fixed, the mag rubber at the top was very stiff and prone to freezing. After a good lubing and filling and slowly firing each shot, it works fine know even during very rapid fire. To bade part of the hop rubber shot out the barrel with a BB. Now I have no hop-up ///_u which is very bad.

Honestly, I've heard loads of problems, especially with the new M1911 Single Stackers I'm eyeing. The troubling thing is that a lot of them have different solutions, which makes me wonder if they are caused by all different sorts of problems as well.

As for the hop up shooting out, I'm not worried about that, but the low gas efficiency and venting is more troubling.

Dirty Mao, I don't think that new springs comes with an aftermarket enhanced blowback chamber. I'm not an expert on sourcing WA parts though, so there are lots of people on here who can help you with that more than I can.

there is hope yet! i just found that the flint springs from bic lighters are the right size, they just need to be cut to the correct length and refitted. i tried for about 30 minutes to do this, and when i finally though i was done, bam, the spring flies off. so tomorrow i'm buying up a bunch of lighters and trying again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived