LAW 72

sniper101

Hey all

Thought you might want to see my latest and greatest creation, my M72 LAW.

It will fire a single moscart from an XM203 launcher (once i get the dosh to buy it)

Its still not finished as you might of guessed but i've only been building it for six hours :D hope you like what i've done so far. I still don't know how to lock the second stage of the launcher (the bit you pull back) into place, any help would be apprieciated.

here are some pics

cheers :)

post-1342-1127842473_thumb.jpg

post-1342-1127842510_thumb.jpg

post-1342-1127842552_thumb.jpg

I know how you can make it lock back. Basically have a hole cut in a part of the outer shell of the launcher. Then on the inner (sliding part) have something either spring loaded or just a springy material that will be attached to the sliding part. When the spring loaded part reaches the void it the cutout it will spring out and lock it inplace. To unlock you press it back in. Look around your house for something that will work of cast something out of plastic. (Not hard to do, search on google) Nice work so far.

"Verymanynames" got it pretty much right. I have access to the real-steel LAWS72 systems so I can send you some photos if absolutely necessary (real busy at the mo), but basically, a long strip of metal attached to the rear piece, slides through the front piece, and pops-up to a void in the front piece when the rear piece is fully extended. This locks the rear piece in place unless you change your mind and want to collapse the weapon again, by pushing down this latch and pushing the two parts together again.

If you are really stuck, PM me, and I will record a movie of the opening and closing of the real-steel 72. ;)

I was just thinking that and laughing to myself.... now I'm laughing out loud.  what is it with everyone reading my mind and posting before I can?

Aaron

hey all thanks for the ideas, ive gone with "verymanynames" idea, ive also started to paint it. will get pics up later 2day when i get back from work.

cheers

hey all

Desolation please please mod that thing! :D Its just too tempting not to!

i finally have pics of my almost completed LAW72 system....minus the madbull launcher <_< hope you like what ive done so far.

cheers

P.S. if anyone has a spare can of OD green spray paint ill gladly take it off your hands. only one side of the launcher is painted :blink:

post-1342-1128253448_thumb.jpg

post-1342-1128253492_thumb.jpg

post-1342-1128253559_thumb.jpg

Nice, you have to get a video of it in action. How long did it take you in all?

Desolation please please mod that thing! :D  Its just too tempting not to!

I would, but I don't know how moscart shells work. I have heard that it is just a button on the base of the shell that has to be pressed down to fire it. Is this true?

Hey all

Yeah i know its odd for a sniper/recon to make a law but i didnt have work and needed to keep myself occupied :D:D could of played scrabble I guess :blink:

Desolation do you mean the shell itself or the the moscart launcher? if your talking about the shell then theres a button/pressure valve that fires the BB's when struck.

Im gonna buy supplies for more launchers if anyone is interested (Lance) in paying a couple quid for one e.g. fiver?...(pay for your own moscart and madbull) :D PM if interested.

Over all its taken me three days to make, whenever i had some spare time.

It has an electric buzzer which sounds when the operator loads a moscart....well it will. :rolleyes: IT CAN BE SWITCHED OFF THANK BEJESUS!!!

cheers all

Hey

I've thought about different ways to push the button on the back and there is two ways.

1. Simple but effective slot where you simply push the button by hand (as verymanynames suggested)

2. The idea i want to use, using a servo from an r/c car which has an arm attached to it (not human :D ) which when turned on will push the button on the back of the launcher. Its complicated but i would like to use the big red button i bought from maplins :)

But i only have a basic knowledge of electronics so i may just go with idea no. 1

cheers

Brilliant, I realy like it. If you look at airsoft scotlands site they have moscart shells that have a foam missile on them, it would be great if you loaded that in. Or is that what you intended to do anyway? Anyway yours looks fantastic. :)

ALso thanks for the help, I'm thinking up a spring mechanism to fire mine, but at the moment the spring will take a minute or so to reload, so it'l pretty much be a fire-and-forget weapon. (untill the end of the game when I can reload it.)

Cheers.

-Desolation

Edit: using this basic design, but legnthened a bit, and a knowledge of mechanics, we could build an airsoft tank! :o:D That'd be cool.

I have an idea on how you can make it fire with the push of a button yet not get involved with electronics. If you dont understand what Im saying let me know Ill draw a pic. Basically have a spring with a tip to hit the back of moscart located behind the moscart. Have some sort of lever attached so that you can pull it back. On the front of the spring between the part that hits the moscart and the front of the spring have a small board with a hole drilled in it. Then have a hinge with a pin that fits into that hole. Have the hinge attached to a bar attached to a button on the top attached to a spring to keep tension. To fire you load the moscart, pull back the spring and bush the button down to get the pin in the hole and lock it. To fire you push the button, which pushes down the pin, nothing is left to hold back the spring at it hits the moscart.

Archived