Systema 3rd Generation PTW Video

Solo

Now,

although it's not really "news" that Systema has released its new, 3rd generation PTWs, I don't seem to have seen much info about it.

And since I've recently received mine (and am about writing a personal review), as the usual passionate I am about these, I've shot this short video containing my personal overview on them PTWs.

This is NOT endorsed or sponsored in any way by Systema at the time of this writing, although I let Systema know about it so that they can take a break and have a laugh ;)

This is meant to be "Part One", a simple overview. I will - in time - shoot "Part Two", about in depth performance on the field.

Hope you like it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5701851/PTW_Par..._Final.mov.html

Very professional video. Why not send it to Systema? Make you famous. :) I could recommend this video to Wallace over at Zshot, if you want me to.

Your usual kindness and friendship mate :)

I DID send one copy to Wallace and one to Systema headquarters. I think - like I said above - they might have a good laugh :D

Thumbs up from me to you,

Fil ;)

I don't know if its the guns or the way you take pictures, but your m4 and m16 are some of the nicest I've seen. :) Almost makes me want to go out and spend $2000... or maybe I just need a better camera. :P

Edit*

Good work on the video, btw.

I don't know if its the guns or the way you take pictures, but your m4 and m16 are some of the nicest I've seen. :) Almost makes me want to go out and spend $2000... or maybe I just need a better camera. :P

ROFL :P

I can honestly tell you, there's nothing special about me taking pics. It's the "stuff" I'm taking pictures of that is really, really well made.

This is the only reason I'm doing all this for.

These are the finest toys I've ever had in my life, and I like toys :P (well, toys for big boys, that is ;) ).

Nice video, it really makes me want one. The quick change cylinder setup even beats ICS' system, that initially copied Systema's old design afaik.

The way you can just snap it open like that after removing the receiver pin...

Judging by your forum nationality, you're Italian. Great English troughout the video!

Bakabox, thanks a lot for the nice comments.

I'm an Italian/American (US born, living in Italy) ;)

unimatrix001:

Markings are PTW markings, with Systema's logo, white.

Mine on these 3rd gen (pictured below) - to my surprise, courtesy of Systema Corporation - are "personalized" ;)

This was due to my perseverance and continuous input to the company (I guess!).

I am definitely a friend of Systema's, though not involved officially in any way to this date.

Still had to pay fully for my stuff though!

post-4815-1128116058_thumb.jpg

Before everyone starts e-mailing Systema for a 3rd Gen armalite, Systema told all retailers in the US to stop selling them to consumers unless you are LE or Military. Found this out in July or Aug of 05'. No word on when Systema will make a consumer version or just reopen the armalites to the consumer market. Bummer for us but great news for Solo. :(

Before everyone starts e-mailing Systema for a 3rd Gen armalite, Systema told all retailers in the US to stop selling them to consumers unless you are LE or Military. Found this out in July or Aug of 05'. No word on when Systema will make a consumer version or just reopen the armalites to the consumer market. Bummer for us but great news for Solo. :(

Good stuff, Solo!!! :)

If PowerEdge or AirsoftExtreme does not stock the current Gen 3 PTWS or support parts for the earlier PTWS, then what are the chances of LE agencies in HI or CA adopting the PTWS??? <_<

I see a "glide slope to sea-level" on this one!!! :angry:

Uh-oh... didn't certainly know about this one. Will try and get info. Mine were ordered in march and I got them only recently because of Italian customs.

I am rather certain the upgrade kits should be coming out in a few weeks, but will ask again.

Never despair!

:)

Haven't checked completely yet,

but Qhs' report seems to be correct: PTWs will not be stocked normally by retailers because Systema has chosen a "safe" line with these PTWs.

This however, doesn't mean at all that - who wants one - can't get it.

You will most likely have to place an order either at the retailer's or at Systema directly.

This is in fact how I did back then (march) and it worked out fine.

When you see/hear Systema officials speak about PTWs they say "these are not toys" and having them with me I can confirm this is true. I see this as a plus.

Therfore, this specific type of order processing would seem to be a logical consequence.

I confirm once again that the upgrade kits for older PTWs should become available soon. I was told in just a few weels. The upgrade kit is ready, it's just the various manuals that are being prepared.

Should anyone of you pursue more information, don't hesitate to contact me, I'll do my best

;)

Those are some sexy guns you got there.

To bad I dont really like crane stocks on M4s...well yours is making me reconsider  :)

You know, you're right. I did have a problem with cranes too before. I used to like the old 2 positions extensible stock only.

I've changed. Not only for Systema's PTW crane is quite decent (and very very strong and qualitative) but also because putting batteries in the crane allowed me to have a clean and light RIS.

You know, you're right. I did have a problem with cranes too before. I used to like the old 2 positions  extensible stock only.

I've changed. Not only for Systema's PTW crane is quite decent (and very very strong and qualitative) but also because putting batteries in the crane allowed me to have a clean and light RIS.

Yeah, the reason im considering putting one of these on a gun is so I dont have to use a Battery Box on the RIS. And its growing on me

But I still like the LE stock better :D .

Guess I have to keep hoping for an internally powered GBB M4A1 SOPMOD :(

Solo, I have a few questions, because I was just about to build a Marui based gun, but build it as strong and durable as posible. I have a lot of money that will be tied up in this projet, As I will be buying several real steel parts. I am planning to build a Barrett M468. ok now for my questions, because of the upgradeability of the v3.

1. How long is the inner Barrel?

- i would be wanting to put a VFC Barret conversion Kit on it

- Do you think that would be posible??

2. Would the batteries work in a VLTR style butt stock??

- I like this style butt stock better for batteries

- Also do you have to buy their batteries? Is there anything about them that would make them difficult to reproduce?

I would also be putting an ARMS SIR system on it, but that wouldn't be hard as it has real steal dementions. Hmmm I probably have more questions but I can't think of them. You just got me questionsing my original plan of a marui varient. That Systema v3 looks amazing and solid.

thanks,

iBAWLS

iBAWLS,

interesting questions.

1. lets both go to www.zshot.com and download the tech specs there. If the inner barrel dimensions aren't there, will get them for you.

As a first, risky answer I'd say yes, your Barret kit *should* fit.

2. What's a VLTR stock type? Don't know it ;) Post me a pic and will talk about it.

No, batteries are just any batteries. I did buy from them, but it's just Sanyo batteries. Just make sure you end up with the same specs in terms of voltage only (7.2/9.6 depending on the cylinder you put inside). Any batteries are fine. The M4A1's crane naturally needs to have batteries placed in a specific manner, but if you don't want to buy theirs (Sanyo) you can make your own. And it's not even your case.

ARMS SIRs have already been installed on Systema PTWs. I have seen at least 4 different PTWs with real steel SIRs ;)

Archived