Pics of your SMG's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thegunrunner: about the conversion kits for an airsoft 1928 Thompson; CAW make a wood kit and barrel replacement, and someone (maybe CAW as well) makes a receiver, but no-one actually manufactures a drum magazine at all! Thats what I always thought, does someone actually make them that you know of?

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.

Yes, it is.

:P

Its a plug-fire cartridge gun though, halfway between a cap gun and a blank firer in terms of volume, and it fires fully automatically - very, very fast (as Shard will attest) and ejects the brass shells/cartridges very, very fast (and far, again, see: Shard about that one [and how to dodge them :D ] ).

Its an absolute demon of a thing, I would take it skirmishing for some real cinematic ambience if only the shells weren't p***ed out about 10 feet from the gun!! With the cost of them too (40 shells costs over £100. The magazine takes 50....) it makes it frankly ludicrous to risk losing any in the undergrowth :(

Still an incredible gun though.

Edit: if you are talking to exoframe2 then hey, sorry for interrupting.

Edited by evilhippy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HBC, everyone wants a Mac11; until they actually own one ;) and folks who haven't been airsoft maniacs for that long (no offence crunchy_bunny, we've just got no life at all :lol: ) rarely appreciate such rarities as the Tec 9 - is it the classic Marushin one by any chance? Are they much good at all?

Did somebody divide by zero without telling anyone?

Har Har Har <_<

I'm assuming that its the old Maruzen BV model, in which case yes it is built like a rock. They have pretty good preformance from what I've seen first hand, and some tend to have a natural hop affect on the bbs.

Allthough I can't explain the latter it sure makes for one hell of a skirmish piece.

Edited by Yeager
Har Har Har  <_<

I'm assuming that its the old Maruzen BV model, in which case yes it is built like a rock. They have pretty good preformance from what I've seen first hand, and some tend to have a natural hop affect on the bbs.

I was commenting on the inferiority of current gen Maruzen SMG's. I'd love to get my hands on a Tec-9, Big Trouble in Little China was my favourite film when I was a kid :D

I was using it as term of 'Physical Impossibility' as opposed to the Meme ###### you probably assumed I was babbling.

Edited by hardboiledcop

BTiLC was also my favourite film when I was a kid, along with Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and *cough* robin hood prince of thieves *cough*

Hey I can admit to this, none of you know what I really look like :P hehe

God I hope Shard never sees this topic :unsure:

BTiLC was also my favourite film when I was a kid, along with Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and *cough* robin hood prince of thieves *cough*

Hey I can admit to this, none of you know what I really look like :P hehe

God I hope Shard never sees this topic  :unsure:

if that's the animated version of Robin Hood, where he's a fox, then I'm totally with you :D

if that's the animated version of Robin Hood, where he's a fox, then I'm totally with you :D

Isn't that Bedknobs and Broomsticks?

Prince of Thieves is the Kevin Costner one

edit: I'm sure there was a robin hood fox in Bedknobs. I seem to recall him shooting a bag of coins with an arrow. Oh well. But I think your right though, there was a stand alone robin hood as a fox thing.

Edited by hitmanNo2