Micro uzi... sniper rifle?

TDS

yes I know what your thinking, and its right

I want a semi-auto sniper rifle, the micro uzi is a semi-auto gun, shoots "above forum limits" with a short barrel, and is very small

so, the idea is a bullpup L96 rifle, using the micro uzi as a base far in the stock, turning off the hopup in the gun and removing the outer barrel, and attaching a VSR-hopup there, then from there a long, long barrel. The gun is locked into semi-auto, with a pushrod going from a "fake trigger" to the one in the stock,

comments? crazy enough to work? I figure the worse that could happen is i could wreck a L96 stock and have a micro uzi as my sniper backup ;)

post-6356-1128647756_thumb.jpg

it should work ...

cant really agree on the l96 part, think it wouldnt look so good :-P and it doesnt look so confortable to shoot ... :-(

i dont know about the hopup part though ... but customizing a psg1 650 mmm barrel should be doable (and using the existing uzi hop) :-)

I have been thinking about doing the same, but with a FA-MAS. In your case, you should atleast try to install the Uzi in the main body/receiver, to keep some of the realism. Doing the same thing with a HK SL9 or something would be cooler though...

I have been thinking about doing the same, but with a FA-MAS. In your case, you should atleast try to install the Uzi in the main body/receiver, to keep some of the realism. Doing the same thing with a HK SL9 or something would be cooler though...

I'll be running an external C02 rig to that magazine, so its either going to stick out of the stock an inch or so and let me use a GIGANTIC barrel, or i'll be running a hose to the same exact spot anyway, I cant imagine shooting enough to run out of ammo in the field, so I wont have to change mags, the other issue I have is the magazine would stick out from the magwell enough that i'd have to use a bipod "all the time" and I hate bipods.

for comfort, i'll have to add some weight to the front of the stock to balance it, wrap something around the uzi's upper, and use high flipup sights, no big deal I can see, then again I dont know if the scale is off, its about as close as I could get it using measurement guesses.

the L96 is the only rifle with a "tall" enough stock to do it, i know a guy with a SL8/9, and its not wide or tall enough to pull it off without a really really short barrel.

why do you have to use a existing stock? it wouldt really be realistic (sorry) anyway ... so you can  custom make one to your liking?

I'd like to customize a stock, but I need a base stock to start with, that the uzi will fit into. I also wanted a plastic stock since it would be easier to fit the gun into, and mount stuff to, I dont want to spend more than 100ish on the stock :/

If you have any ideas or sources for stocks please let me know.

Making an entire stock is kind of too big of an undertaking for me, we'll see if I can get ahold of an l96 stock by the time I get money to start the project, if not, maybe I'll try a WA-2000 style rifle.

I'll run a "contest" of sorts when the project comes closer to see if anyone can come up with something cool.

and no, that rifle wouldnt work, if you looked at the original drawing a micro uzi has to fit into the stock of the rifle

the original drawing looks cool to me, not so hard to do, and just adding a couple of pieces (like something to hide the uzi mag) would make it look nicer and a bit futuristic (quite Halo sniper like)

although I think you downscaled the uzi a bit too much... it would most likely be as big as the stock... a micro uzi would be easier perhaps...

or you should remove as much outer parts of the uzi, and keep the guts.

As a general rule of thumb for scaling images of guns, try to match up the grips and triggers so that they are very close in size. They seem to come in a fairly standard size to accomodate most peoples hands.

Naturally this won't work with super-big or super-small guns like the G26 or DE.

the original drawing looks cool to me, not so hard to do, and just adding a couple of pieces (like something to hide the uzi mag) would make it look nicer and a bit futuristic (quite Halo sniper like)

although I think you downscaled the uzi a bit too much... it would most likely be as big as the stock... a micro uzi would be easier perhaps...

or you should remove as much outer parts of the uzi, and keep the guts.

I used the barrel diameter, since I knew the trigger and handle are smaller than they should be on the micro uzi. I was also planning on hiding whatever sticks out of the bottom of the gun (and the magazine) in some kind of 7.62 magazine shell.

I'm having a "real" hard time finding a stock for a reasonable price, I hope someone out there upgraded thier L96 to the carrot shotgun stock and can hook me up ;)

yes I know what your thinking, and its right

I want a semi-auto sniper rifle, the micro uzi is a semi-auto gun, shoots "above forum limits" with a short barrel, and is very small

Well, the only company making an airsoft version of the Micro Uzi at the moment is Maruzen, and it's certainly not a good thing to make a sniper out of, and won't run on CO2. The KWC Mini Uzi however, which you used a small picture of, runs on CO2, has good blowback (pro/con on a sniper?) and is powerful.

sorry, a mini uzi, not a micro uzi.....

anyways, I havent had much luck finding a reasonably expensive L96 stock so I'm seeing if i can trade my M1100 for one, duplicate the stock out of wood or body filler, then sell it again.

A local retailer is getting a mini uzi in next week, so I can steal it and get measurements off of it to see how feasable the project is with that base.

Ledpocket is thinking we should make a DSR-1 instead, we'll see how it goes once I get the measurements to see how feasable this is.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but if you're still interested can I recommend carving a stock out of closed cell foam insulation. You can buy sheets of it in different thicknesses, carve it with a carving knife, finish it with sandpaper and then either wrap it in fibreglass or you could even just coat it in epoxy.

Of course to do a better job you could buy a hotwire, they're not that expensive and make cutting easier. If you design your basic shape on PC you could blow it up to 1:1 scale pritt stick it on and use that as a template. Soaking in warm water will dissolve the glue after.

I know it sounds a bit flimsy but I've used this method for break barrel air rifles (can I say that here - sorry if not) and they've held up well to repeated cocking and firing.

Good luck

Archived