P226 frame disassembly

jackie_rants

I myself purchased the guarder slide/frame combo but have never installed one before. I get the jist of a majority of the installation based on what the TM diagram in the manual has shown with the exception of 3 parts. I would like to know where to place parts for P226 53, 54, and 42 correctly since it wasn't specified in the diagram.

sorry this has taken a while to do i had ito get the p226 book from my friend so that it might make a bit more sense. so get a drink sit down and read the post and ask question if you need to email me glocks @ntlworld.com

dis-assembly

remove magazine and remove slide release hammer

make sure magazine fits in new frame file all inner cast lines as necessary

remove grips and remove decocking lever

remove parts 57 58

unhook part 63 and remove part 61 62

knock out the pin part 41 from right to left (looking from the back of the gun) might be a bit tight

remove spring 42 from under trigger bar

the whole hammer mech should now be removable take care of part 39 and its spring 38 as they can come free and pin 40 will try to fall out if mech is tipped

to remove mag catch un hook and pull up on part 64 and remove them slide out mag catch

push safety on, push part 53 away from location hole in part 60, remove part 60

file any cast lines off the flat face of part 60

remove screw 59 from side of frame and screw 52 from top of trigger mech

remove trigger mech taking care of spring 48 as it is free

refitting

check that part 60 fits in new frame and rotates freely

install trigger mech, check hole for part 60 lines up (a slight adjustment with a file to the base of trigger mech (part 51) or to the boss where screw 52 goes might be required to make the holes line up

install part 60 make sure it rotates freely and that part 53 locks it in all positions

re fit mag catch and slide in part 64

holding the trigger bar (part 43) up install hammer mech part 39 should be free to move up and down if not remove and file lightly where necessary

once it is free to move push in pin 41 and check it again

re fit spring 42

re fit part 61 62 and 63 making sure part 61 sits on the pin 31 in the hammer

re fit de cocking lever

re fit grips

CHECK

cock hammer and pull trigger should fire . pull trigger should fire . cock trigger press decocking lever hammer should decock

CAUTION

when you fit the slide make sure that the flat part on the rear of part 27 does not interfere with part 60 to tightly or the slide might get stuck once the lever gets rotated . a slight file of the flat part and radius of part 23 might be required to stop this happening

insert empty mag (no gas no bbs) rack slide press slide lever all should operate freely

insert gassed mag and dry fire should fire

insert full mag and have lots of fun should sound great

if slide is a little slow a up-rated recoil might be needed

Hi the sniper,

I'm having difficulty getting the trigger bar (#43) to line up or engage with anything. Does it fall into place, or is some careful maneuvering required? I've enclosed a pic, part #43 has a red mark on it.

Thanks

[VT]Mofo2000, the kit seems good, for the price. Very minor filing so far, but I can't put it together. Definitely me being blonde, rather than the kit. Will let you know the verdict when it's complete.

post-105-1129648156_thumb.jpg

sorry but i will not be able to get any pics to assist you until the weekend but this might help

the trigger bar needs to be further forward and up from the position in the picture (your red dot should be over the silver part )

with the hammer uncocked pull the trigger slowly and move the trigger bar up and then insert spring 42 under trigger bar and to its locating point on the frame

the fold in the trigger bar to the left of the red dot is what pulls the silver part ( part 35) in the pic to release the hammer when it is cocked

Hey the sniper, I know that you were able to help out with jackie_rants but if you can I still kinda need some help. Since you did mention that you would be able to post some pics over the weekend I hope you can post them; that would be greatly appreciated. Yes, I am still having trouble fitting the aforementioned pieces. I just wished TM manual included that in their diagram since it wasn't really specific in the placement.

sorry this has taken so long but i needed to find the time to take the sig apart and take the pics

post-10709-1130103093.jpg

take trigger assembly and turn upside down so trigger is pointing up

post-10709-1130104660_thumb.jpg

put part 53 in the rectangular hole

push in pin 55 half way put spring in place and push on it so that when the pin is pushed all the way in goes through it ( the hooked end of the spring fits over part 53)

turn whole assembly over and it should look like this

post-10709-1130105066_thumb.jpg

hope this helps email me (glocks@ntlworld.com) if it don't with pics so i can see where the problem is if you can

Much obliged for the expertise Sniper as I'm tackling the same TM P226 swap to Guarder metal frame/slide set.

I'm looking forward to the lower frame job after your brilliant tutorial but I have a quick question for you on the slide.

I've noticed the Guarder metal one doesnt have the internal square and rectangular recesses the orginal TM plastic one has to locate all the slide 'gubbins' (dang I'm technical..).

So prior to me doing anything 'foolish' (that I cant undo) any assistance on how you made the 'gubbins' and slide fit together would be greatly appreciated.

Gman i'm sure you can guess what is coming next

The plastic slide flexes so the slide internals are located by the square and rectangular shapes on the side and then screwed down. The metal slide will not flex so a good sharp file is need to carefully file off the square and rectangular shapes so the internals will fit

The best way to do this is to remove slide internals by removing screws then flexing plastic slide. then strip all parts off part 5 (metal part with square and rectangular shapes ) and file off the unwanted shapes. make it a snug fit but not to tight as to stretch the width of the slide. I used a set of vernier calipers to measure it, but a trial and error method will work if you are careful, try to take off the same amount off each side. Only file the shapes, if the file starts marking the whole side stop and see if it fits

Once it fits for width check that it does not interfere with the slide rails it might need fitting slightly to make it fit at the right height

Clean it dry it check it for small bits of metal and repeat again as any small bits missed might damage the seal and cause trouble later

Fit all parts back to part 5 in the correct places and fit it to the slide. use silicone gun oil on the seal ( part 6) and part 14

Anyone have any problems with the blowback of the p226 with the guarder metal frame and slide on it? In addition, I also have the guarder upgrade springs installed. It seems that the blowback of the gun is very inconsistent. Sometimes the hammer doesn't recock and the blowback does not reload the bb. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived