Sniper Mania 345

Are you getting Xbox 360?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting Xbox 360?

• Yes
    • no
    • maybe

Oh FFS...

I'm not. And anyone who gets one can choke to death on fishbones as far as I'm concerned.

love you too :P

I'll be getting the "expensive version" after the price goes down, because right now my first priority is a new vest/chest rig Silverthrone/Warlord/Weesatch

I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with the old xbox, I'm still VERY impressed with the graphics level of most games... It seems they're replacing consoles every couple years now, I remember when you could have a console for 6 years before the next one came out... whatever happened to those good old days :(

Eh, Xbox just isn't my forte. I like some of the games on it, but most games on the PS2 were just so much more my style. If the 360 and the PS3 game choices are anything like their predecessors, then I'll probably stick with a PS3 when the price drops*.

*: Probably 2010.

I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with the old xbox, I'm still VERY impressed with the graphics level of most games... It seems they're replacing consoles every couple years now, I remember when you could have a console for 6 years before the next one came out... whatever happened to those good old days  :(

Agreement.

The graphics in Farcry Instincts are beautiful... the xbox 360 seems a bit too soon. I was really expecting it NEXT year.

I'll just stick to my modded XBOX thanks, I only use it for playing emulated games and watching movies/playing MP3s from my media server so until the enterprising hackers come up with a similar thing for the 360 my money is staying firmly in my pocket.

Plus I don't like the way they are doing two separate versions. Bloody stupid.

they realise now they CAN release a new one every 2 years, and everybody will STILL buy it, whether the current one is out of date or not.

they done it with football kits for 20 years <_<

im gonna get one when the price comes down. im still more than happy with my xbox. i'll probably get the expensive version, but only when its a bit cheaper, probably around march/april time.

I haven't owned a console since the Atari came out with 'Pong' on it.

I've played on a few since then. I remember having the most fun playing Street Figher II on the Nintendo I believe.

However, the XBOX 360 is the only thing I can see that's worth getting since then that my PC doesn't already give me. It would be good to compare it to PS3 at some point and buy that as well if it lives up to the hype.

I'm not bothering with a 360. I'm a PC man myself. Everything decent comes out on PC eventualy.

Example:

Oh look, halo is exclusive to X-Box!!! wow! buy an XBox to play it!!!

A few months later - Halo is released on the PC. With better controls (IMHO, an FPS needs a mouse & keyboard - well, most of them do :)), better graphics (on high-end PC's) Cheaper (IE, no need for a HUGE console) and with extra bits... such as banshees and rocket warthogs in multiplayer. Which X-Box users must download from X-Box Live. if they have it, that is :D

The X-box 360 is over priced and a bit of a fad, IMO. But, It's going to be more popular than the PS3 'cause according to sony, it's gona be a b*tch to program games for, whereas the 360 already has games for it... if you get the version with the Hard drive as standard.

Also, Why buy new consoles? Retro is awesome. Sonic 3 on the megadrive, for example - obtainable for a tenner, INCLUDING the console, and you get awesome gameplay, sweet graphics (Even though it's ancient) and an amazingly fun time.

Retro FTW, then. Remember - games never die, they just get cheaper :D

Except for the best games... like Chrono Trigger on the snes.... I want it :wub:

I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with the old xbox, I'm still VERY impressed with the graphics level of most games... It seems they're replacing consoles every couple years now, I remember when you could have a console for 6 years before the next one came out... whatever happened to those good old days  :(

Microsoft happened :(

Just posting to try and defend the 360 as my personal choice, not because I think PS3 is bad, infact I like the look of some of the games, but the controlers hurt my wrists, there too small for me, and when I first laid hands on the original massive xbox controller I new it was the system for me. Also when I first saw the graphics (for Xbox not 360) , wow they definitly blew Delta Force away ( DF was the game of the day for me back then, still hold a special place in me heart. :P )

Archived