Find it! - New interactive map

If you're not seen it yet, I've added a mapping system to the site:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/links...soft_cached.php

Players, teams, retailers, equipment suppliers and surplus dealers will all be listed there as I add them.

You can make yourself appear on the map by adding your latitude and longitude in your profile. You don't have to be exact if you're worried about security, just stick a pin in the nearest town or city if you like (got to multimap, then crip the lat/longitude in decimal format across).

Please check the site listings for me as I can't guarantee that I've added them all correctly. There should be a pin for each site (for example Combat South is listed twice).

The bulk of the engine is driven off the web links system, so folks are most welcome to submit links there for relevant companies and when checked they'll appear on the map again.

Ultimately this will replace the member map too. If I can I'll quickly code something to convert current stored player locations into the new system.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should just require people to put a new pin up before they can post again or log in again. This would increase the number of people with a pin and make it easier to see where to make game events (region).

Such as with ArnieGeddon USA.

Just a thought...

~P

Damn... go to "satelite" view and zoom right in when you come across a motorway... fun!

I hope they fully map the entire UK. I want to see what St Boswells looks like from above.

Edit: Arnie is covered by clouds... that secretive bugger.

Edited by TMC
Great addition to the site; I only wish there were more on the East Coast  :rolleyes:

You try adding locations, its a pita. I pm'ed arnie with all of these locations and he sent em back to me and said they have to be in decimal form. <_< But he gave me this website that does em for ya, so no hard feelings.

:Dr_Evil:

I aprecaite the help though, thanks. I key'd them all in for ya though ;) (any missing I didn't do?)

I'll code up a quote javascript min/sec to decimal conversion if I get a chance as it's not hard. That way people can add either and it'll get changed on the fly.

KrazyLchina.jpg

haxx

------------

I done mine just a second ago.

about 100metres thereabouts my old place. Couldn't get closer really, as multimap can't go closer than that in Hong Kong.

I managed to find a satellite picture using google though :)

That's awesome! Nice one arnie. Only thing I found with Google Earth is that it didn't seem to have as many pins on the map as the original. I may be wrong. Does it need updating? Or does the network link update itself automatically from the original Find It! one?

You need to right click on the network link in Google Earth and select "refresh". GEarth doesn't seem to auto refresh.. at least I've not spotted any way in the KML/XML files to instruct it to check again.

Great system Arnie and I've found a way to get it to auto refresh

1) Right click on the network link in google earth

2) Click edit

3) Check the refresh parameters box

4) Set the time-based refresh to 5 minutes

and you should be good to go!

Added mine. Put a request for others to do so into my sig. According to the map, it is a contest between Jebus and Arnie for loneliest UK airsofter. :D

Arnie? How long does it take you to get too the closest town/ skirmish?

Me:

Town: 1 hour and 20 mins (Ish)

Skirmish: 16 hours (To get to the only site that I know of that lets someone my age play..)

Depends on what I'm driving and where I'm heading. Only takes me 10mins to get to the local town down here.

10mins? 10MINS?!?!!? Why, Back in my days we had to take 25 hours a day why 't donkey and cart! And we couldn't afford a donkey! t' bloomin thing was a cat!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.