UTG M4A1?

DirteeRice

I've been hearing mutterings of a UTG M4A1 on the horizon.

http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/archive/...ket----p-1.html

^ That is one of my sources.

Although it doesn't look entirely reliable, I am excited at the prospect of getting an affordable M4 possibly sometime in the future.

Can anyone confirm this?

Well are a cheap gun maker, which sell guns for cheap and apparently they break fast, unless this is going to be of a better quality, like a UTG one, then stay well clear unless it is just for plinking or backyard skirmishing.

I have always loved the look of M4s. And unfortunately in my area there aren't any organized games going on.

We do have skirmishes and such in fields though, but I don't want something that just throws up BBs like that "bargain" P90. I can shoot myself in the hand with that thing.

From what I've seen and heard this M4 is supposed to be of a very nice quality. Not sure about the internals though.

I expect the UTG M4 will be like the MP5 for reliability and internals, the Well one I know nothing about, if its of a better quality than other well guns you could buy it, see what it shoots like, and then make any neccessary changes e.g. metal body, new internals, new barrel, upgrade in power, new gun :P . Its your choice though mate.

Yeah I just got a UTG MP5, when I compare it to my old TM A4 I still prefer spending the extra 100 and getting the TM. There's still big differences between the two.

UTG cut a lot of corners for their MP5 and the same will happen for the M4. However It'll still be a great gun. I just prefer TM.

I might get their AK however :)

I like their description of the WELL gun

"The newest in Chineese inovation"!

Hrm, must be some sort of Cheese race crossbread with humans... that also make airsoft guns

I'd be interested in anything they make though, considering that the MP5 is not bad at all, and in the matter of market forces, perhaps it will be good to have some good competition.

I have always loved the look of M4s. And unfortunately in my area there aren't any organized games going on.

We do have skirmishes and such in fields though, but I don't want something that just throws up BBs like that "bargain" P90. I can shoot myself in the hand with that thing.

From what I've seen and heard this M4 is supposed to be of a very nice quality. Not sure about the internals though.

If you're from Boston, MA. Then check these sites out:

NEASG

BostonAirsoft

Sorry to shock you guys,

but its my understanding that the UTG Guns are made at the Well factory in china and then imported to the USA by Leapers....So they are all WELL guns. That being said, the same source has some of these comming in soon and we will get our grubby paws on them, so I should be able to let you know if they are ###### or ok.

more info to follow as it becomes available,

jimi

Sorry to shock you guys,

but its my understanding that the UTG Guns are made at the Well factory in china and then imported to the USA by Leapers....So they are all WELL guns. That being said, the same source has some of these comming in soon and we will get our grubby paws on them, so I should be able to let you know if they are ###### or ok.

more info to follow as it becomes available,

jimi

That is quite odd...since WELL guns are known to suck and UTG pretty much owns...

Although if WELL's new M4 is on par with the quality of the UTG guns then I will be buying that one very soon.

The old WELL guns sucked...these are the new generation. Don't get me wrong, I would still be cautious about buying anything that said WELL on the box, because unless you are getting the right one, you are buying garbage. Think of it this way:

The WELL factory builds whatever they are contracted to build, and somebody finally got them a good set of reverse engineered Marui plans.

If you are concerned, than wait until a few people buy them and then read the reviews, but I know this to be fact. Remeber that everyone thought the UTG MP5's were going to be ###### before people got their hands on them as well. :)

jimi

I have a shipment of these coming in next week so I guess we will truly see the quality of these. As an FYI, the shotguns sold under the UTG flag are Double Eagle and the MP5's are made in the same Well factory that the M4 is.

Jimisin is a local player and will get a chance to see one of these up close and personal next week. He can then give you all some solid information about these guns.

Jeff

I got mine the other day from ebay.

I posted these pics on another forum but I'll share them here as well.

What's in the box:

well-r6.JPG

The metal gearbox:

well-r6-gb.JPG

Carry handle is removable and the top rail is metal:

well-r6-toprail.JPG

This is my first AEG so I don't have much experience but this seems like a solid gun. It cycles really fast and seems to fire as fast as they claim on the box.

I'm going to try to stop at evike soon to get it chrono'ed.

Kyodai,

While you're at the shop could you see if standard TM mags work? Might be good if you can confirm this :)

Sure. I'll see if they'll let me check several different brands. Actually they are supposed to carry this AEG soon so they should be able tell you if you drop them an email.

I remember seeing some where that R6 spare mags will be available, so cross-brand compatability really may not be an issue. I'm sure the mags will be inexpensive like the AEG itself.

It looks good, but I don't like the way the stock is made...

Yeah, the stock is not exactly this AEG's highpoint. The sling is rather crappy as well. It's looks like the same one that they package with their springers.

Kyodai:

Truth be told, see what you can do, cause I'd rather get the info from another player (in this case you) than a vendor...especially if they are planning to carry it ;)

I should get some hands on with this over the comming weekend as well. so stay tuned for more info

hey raptor, always remeber six's original motto :

WGMATTS

Til then,

Jimi

Archived