The 4x4 thread

joeking27

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4x4's are basically (and its already been quoted) to be driven off road.

i was watching a program on tv once, . and this mother had a Porsche 4x4 ... it had 600bhp under its bonnet, but she didnt know this until the driver floored it on a race course.

afterwards she was shocked.

what annoys me is people dont understand the Potential power of 4x4's :angry:

Well we go off-roading, we used to trial, we do green laning and all sorts of off-road driving, we know some guys who do comp safari and yes I have to admit, we use the best tool for the job Land Rover Defenders or a Hybrid of this vehicle, Merc MLs are also very good but my dad and mates have experimented and have come to the conclusion that... LAND ROVER FOR TEH WIN!!!!! My dad also lives on a inactive farm, I have my own Landy, it is a shed of a 110 but it is brilliant for mucking around in and it is great to learn in. :P

Well I go off-roading, we used to trial, we do green laning and all sorts of off-road driving, we know some guys who do comp safari and yes I have to admit, we use the best tool for the job Land Rover Defenders or a Hybrid of this vehicle, Merc MLs are also very good but my dad and mates have experimented and have come to the conclusion that... LAND ROVER FOR TEH WIN!!!!!

How can you drive? Your profile says you were born in 1992?!

4x4's are basically (and its already been quoted) to be driven off road.

i was watching a program on tv once, . and this mother had a Porsche 4x4 ... it had 600bhp under its bonnet, but she didnt know this until the driver floored it on a race course.

what annoys me is people dont understand the Potential power of 4x4's

My friend's mum has one of the porsche 4x4's and tbf I would never take it near an off-road track. I simply don't think it's built for it, porsches aren't. They've simply stuck a porsche sports engine in a 4x4 shell for the benefit of.... space, I suppose.

Most 4x4's don't actually offer any extra seats (SUV's do however)... So what's the point of making a bigger car? There's enough space in a normal car isn't there?! Greedy *fruitcage*ers. ;)

Let's all take a deep breath and remember something we're really fortunate to have in our possession:

Freedom of choice.

Yes, that's right, like it or not if Mrs Bloggs wants to drive the kiddies to school in a Porcshe Ugly, then so be it she can. If I want to own a Hilux Surf - because I like it - I can. If I want to have bullbars on it, you've guessed it - I can.

If you want to disagree with me, then fine - you too have freedom of choice, so you can, I really don't mind.

However, if you want to sit there and type statements about how much 4x4s polute more than "normal" cars, or how much more road space they take up, or how much less Mrs Bloggs is in control of her overly powerful 4x4 (I don't see you complaining about her driving a 944 or an Impreza, etc, etc??) ... then please, please back up your arguements with the most basic of facts.

Else, I shall have to bore myself rigid by actually bothering to research (which obviously some of you don't) so that I can counter your nonsense, like this:

my 4x4 puts out an astonishing -woohoo, watch out I'm about to lose control - um, 97bhp.

the most powerful Cayenne I can find delivers 500bhp (4.5l twin turbo V8)

bigger car? um, than what?

Ford Mondeo Estate- 4804mm x 1958mm

Toyota Lancruiser - 4889.5mm x 1940.6mm

Audi A6 - 4914.9mm x 2011.7mm

so, which one is hogging all the road then?

that's it, I have now become bored of pointless research. I'll stick with my 4x4 thanks.

Smeg.

As an avid offroader and owner of a 4x4 Jeep, I say they are only useful for two things. Offroading and working. They are not for the road people and it is actually worse for the engine than a 2 wheel drive vehicle.

4x4's in England = Useless

4x4's in LA, Maimi, etc. = Useless.

4x4's in North Eastern Ohio = Useful

4x4's in Northern United States, Mountain regions, etc. = Useful

Why? Because we have such thing as snow. Lots of it. And the bloody street departments have NO idea how the F to get rid of it.

Let alone work, Off road fun, etc. I drive a Pickup. Ford F150 FX4 XLT, specifically. With a 351 V8.

So yes, I agree. And Yes, I agree the *fruitcage* soccer moms are the WORST drivers ever. End of story on that one. I can drive MUCH better (PROVEN from liceansing) then majoirt of the people on the road. (As I've said in past threads, I'm a licenased defensive driver, and will teach the course once I'm 25. I've gone through racing school before, and raced ATV's before.)

Soo yeah. I agree to a point, but don't haul off and say /all/ 4x4's are bad. There are countless times where I would of been up the creek with out a paddle, if I didn't have a 4x4 truck. (As well, there are many times, even with 4x4... I was still up the creek. :( )

Archived