What does systema have

Krazy L

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that they are a Gucci item. When it comes to ROF and FPS, a souped-up CA or ICS could do the same thing. But, the Systema rifles are premium items, and so have a certain chic attached to them. Nothing wrong with that :)

As for 'training weapon'... I can't be so sure about that. There are gears & motors in an airsoft rifle. I'm pretty sure there aren't in a real M4. If I wanted to train someone to drive a manual car, I wouldn't slap them in a go-kart... ;) (Aren't F1 drivers normally go-kart champs first? There goes that analogy)

Still, you wouldn't say no, would you? :D

what makes the so good. does the charging handle and forward assist work?

Yes.

It all works.

You load a mag, pull on the charging handle and shoot the gun.

If you eject and replace the mag before it's empty you can carry on shooting.

If you empty the mag the gun will stop firing, you can insert a new one, press the bolt catch and then start firing.

TBH, I doubt that the FA does anything but the charging handle and bolt catch are functional. Well, they activate electronics which control the guns firing but, bottom line, you need to operate the gun exactly like a real one.

Yes.

It all works.

You load a mag, pull on the charging handle and shoot the gun.

If you eject and replace the mag before it's empty you can carry on shooting.

If you empty the mag the gun will stop firing, you can insert a new one, press the bolt catch and then start firing.

TBH, I doubt that the FA does anything but the charging handle and bolt catch are functional. Well, they activate electronics which control the guns firing but, bottom line, you need to operate the gun exactly like a real one.

Ya, he pretty much summed it up. And ya, the internals are great. I have systema internals in my guns and they are practically indestructible :D

Damn sid beat me to it, by about an hour. But sid I think that the FA acts as to release the spring if it is compressed. Also the thing about syetema guns are that they are on a 1:1 scale, every part is the same size as on a ream armalite, making them able to take real steel accessories with out any mods what so ever. They also field strip like the real deal too. TBH like sid said these features would be the only reason why I would buy another off the shelf gun and like sid with the excpetion of the f2000 or a ashai m60. :P I was talking about trying to bulid atleast some of these feature into a stock mauri rifle and sid said that the g3 would be a decent gun to start with. So if any of you want to go for it before me that let us know. ;)

:Dr_Evil:

supposedly, they are as solid as RS weapons, and so can be used for training without fear of breaking them...

or something. they also have waaaay upgraded FPS's.

Solid as RS weapons? Eh, no, not really. Sturdy though. As for the uber-fps, I believe they shoot around 350-400 out of the box, from what I read about them on RR. (who knows if its true or not)

The reason they are so expensive is;

They are marketed toward LE/Military offices (dumbass idea, but the few that ARE interested, have a much bigger budget than regular airsofters)

They use real parts (which obviously adds millions to the price in airsoft :rolleyes: )

Its closer to the real dimensions (but its still not exact)

They have a strangely designed mechbox, which means it cost alot in R&D, which ups the price of the final product

Its from Systema

edit: I forgot they added a little chip that stops it from firing when your magazine goes dry.

This thread is full of disinformation.

The charging handle does nothing. In fact it doesn't even do as much as a TM.

You can pull it back about 1cm tops.

Forward assist also nothing.

Bolt dust cover nothing again.

They don't use any real parts like somebody said.

Only thing that the systema does different is when you out off BB's it stops shooting and you have to press the bolt release when you put in a fresh mag.

So for being a training weapon its pretty unrelistic. Yes I own one and its nice but nothing special.

Not even sure if its true 1 to 1 ratio like everyone brags about. I bought a real Blank fire adapter to use as a muzzle cap when in safe zones and it won't even fit on the flashider yet it fits real AR flashhiders and even TMs.

Maybe people who don't own the gun shouldn't comment on what it does and doesn't do.

Top M16 is still the Sun Project.

Yeah! Inconsistent on full auto, rattling stock, wobbly like a plastic gun despite of full metal construction, no adjustable hop up (and the factory setting sucks), terrible accuracy...

Sure it's fun to shoot and I'm not selling mine in a while. :)

-Sale

What does the Systema PTWS have that other AR AEGs don't?

1. Planetary Gearbox that handles M150+ with 9.6V packs (Gen 3 only)

2. Knight’s/YHM/SureFire RIS/RAS/Accessory drop-in installation

3. Quick spring/cylinder change

4. Bolt-Release toggle upon fresh magazine insertion

5. Adjustable Hop-Up that keeps its settings but difficult to adjust

6. MOSFET power management & electronic trigger

7. Near 1:1 magazines (mass & size) not compatible to TM

8. 7.2V battery pack for M90 & M110

9. Rattling pistol grip & stock repairable via threadlock

10. Low unit & parts availability

11. No children can afford it

Yeah! Inconsistent on full auto, rattling stock, wobbly like a plastic gun despite of full metal construction, no adjustable hop up (and the factory setting sucks), terrible accuracy...

Sure it's fun to shoot and I'm not selling mine in a while. :)

-Sale

I just stuck a real stock and foregrip on mine, no rattle :) I made my hop up adjustable, it's damn accurate :) After an hour of work, it's STILL the best M16 you can buy :)

Duckares, very few of those sounds like positive points..

Yeah those didn't seem all that positive, again I wouldn't have sold 2 guns to get my PTW (still in a customs warehouse till monday/tuesday). Obviously YES, they can be considered Gucci items if you want to compare apples to apples, however as someone who built a tricked out Marui based M4 myself the cost differences between the two narrows.

What won my heart is simply the fact that it's extremely durable, well built, and 1:1, which solves my biggest pet peave with the marui guns, in that they're not even close on some of the dimensions. The fact that I have a KAC M4 RAS sitting here that's going to be completely drop in makes me weak in the knees. The fact that IF I wanted to I could go to my local gun shop and buy a surefire M500AB and it would drop on just makes me giggle. Obviously people who seek out PTWs are not your average ICS/Marui/CA budget buyers. I'd rather have a real KAC RAS than a G&P knock off, for me at least knowing I have the real thing means I'm not chasing the ideal of what is the best by using a repllica.

And to a degree sure it's a status symbol, in a few days I'll own one, Solo owns 3, obviously he's got a bigger piggy bank, but both he and I share very similar interests in that if something can be done in real steal then go all out and make it the best you possibly can.

I also live in CA, owning an Armalite that looks like an M4 is so difficult it borders on ridiculous, so unless I move this is really the closest thing I'm gonna get. Also consider you're getting potentially 3 guns, I can go from CQB, to midrange, to sniper, and with a few adjustments on the hopup I'm ready to go, that's amazing. I will admit the cost is extremely high, mine cost almost 1600 to purchase and is costing me almost 400 to move through customs, however this is going to be my last gun for a long long while. I'd rather have one superb gun than 2-3 okay ones.

It's a matter of taste really, if you asked me a year ago I would have said the opposite, but after constantly striving for the best I've got the damn near best thing money can buy that doesn't actually take .223s.

I just think that calling them wastes of money is ludicrous, hands down they are technically better than a marui gun in build quality and features, they're not revoltuionary gunes, but they are evolutionary, and it's nice to see systema innovating on the design. Anyways my .02 cents

Archived