Why do ppl hate KJ works?

<< B.l.i.n.G >>

Do you like the KJ works Full metal Beretta?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the KJ works Full metal Beretta?

• Yes
    • Hell Yes
    • No
    • Wow you must be joking mate

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've invested recently in an M9 full metal version in the 2 tone....I was expecting to be unimpressed with it.

I was honestly shocked- I've owned Tacmasters, WA PV M9s and Elite 2s and a KSC m9 but the feel of this is somehting else entirely- it's just so solid and heavy it's untrue.

Ran it on green then propane and it was spitting out 320-330 fps out of the box- nice kick: rapid but not as sharp as the WA guns

There aren't any trades on the slide but that doesn't bother me slightly (can't see that when I'm shooting the thing!) and like the early TM m9s the safety doesn't de-cock the hammer (which I prefer). The trigger pull on mine is very smooth- luck of the draw.

For the money it's unbeatable- Sure, WA and Tanaka have it beat in quality and technology but a plastic framed/plastic slided WA M9 is over twice the price of the KJW, AND will struggle to get through a mag of BBs on one fill AND has pain-to-adjust HOP system

Cheers Troj, u saved me some precious time B)

Knacke: I've never even seen a can of red gas mate so I cant help you here! I was just refering to earlier posts in this thread, and from what Cryptic said that's not gonna help you much I'm afraid if it's less powerful then green. Still, green gas is gonna be easy to get and plenty powerful, maybe even too much (in other guns) for UK sites!

If you really really want a super powered airsoft gun, then you cant realistically have one here. Go for a co2 if you wanna smash stuff, but all your airsoft needs have to be in respect of all the other players in the UK, so go easy if your gonna skirmish it.

BBtoyz here I come....

Actually, green gas is more powerful than red gas mate.  I doubt that your slide will cycle fully with red gas, as its not powerful enough.

Err, that is completely untrue. Red gas (ET2200) has about double the pressure of green gas/propane (ET1000). Yet that rarely results in double the FPS when used in an actual gas gun - indeed you may experience less FPS when using red, if the gun can't handle the high pressure properly, and/or extreme cooldown of the magazine or gas mechanism.

In the right gun, though (like full metal KJ or HFC guns for example), red gas is the way to go.

And yes Knacke, the KJ P14 FMV takes red gas easily.

Hehe... it's moded, same as my Desert Eagle, and every other airsoft gun I own, GBB, Electric, anything (cept springers, lol).

Green Gas Burst Video

Green Gas Full Auto

(Notice how the hammer stays down, mag not empty of ammo, slide doesn't lock back. Damn green gas.)

The first full auto video is on Duster Gas. There was some duster I got that was on steroids, and was way more powerful then any green or top gas I've ever used. On green gas it cools down way too fast, and after about 15 full auto rounds it doesn't have enough power to blow the slide all the way back and just spews all the gas out. With duster you can empty full mags with quick mag swaps with no cool down problems. It fires just as good with quick bursts or a full mag trigger hold. It's hard to get less then 4 rounds even with the quickest trigger pull. It's sweeeeeet.

It's a fairly simple modification to do, but to make it super reliable, requires quite a bit of tweaking. You're looking at a polished under slide rail (that the hammer rides on while the slide is blowing back), super lube grease all over, a stronger "in grip" hammer spring, a lighter slide spring, polished sear and hammer bits (to make up for the stronger trigger pull because of the heavier grip hammer spring).

What makes it full auto, is simply filing off the "hump" on the "trigger bar". No hump=full auto. But sometimes without the other mods, the hammer will stay down after a burst or two (due to the hammer following the slide down, letting it down softly, and it sits on the valve of the mag without letting gas go). The stronger grip spring prevents this (made stronger by just putting a few washers under the end of the spring to pre-compress it, but increases the trigger pull quite a bit). The lighter slide spring makes it fire as fast as a Mac11. The polishing and lube helps with the speed and reliability. When the metal parts get really cold from full auto, they tend not to slide as good unless they are greased well.

I love it to bits.

Any more questions, ask away.

-Jamie M.

IMO KJW guns are very good value guns. The stock metal slide and propane ready build is certainly a good thing (heh heh).

However I have a serious beef with three design/manufacturing flaws I've found in their guns.

All of their mags have single port fill valves which makes them less leaky than TM, KSC, or WA mags. However, fill valves from these other makes have a second port feature which assures that a standard dose of liquid propellant is transferred in a fill cycle. A cold tank of propellant will be able to shoot the correct dose of propellant into a hot mag because of the bypass port that we hear leaking and see liquid spurt out of (when the mag is full).

The single port fill valve means that a hot KJW mag will not accept a full charge from a cold tank. A very cold mag can accept too much liquid resulting in liquid mist blasting out of gun ports and very quick cooldown of a mag.

I have noted sealing issues with the newer Para Ord release. I have only seen 2 mags, but I had to fix sealing issues with both. On disassembly I found metal chips in one between the bottom seal and the sidewall. Luckily the seal was not damaged so things sealed up ok with an application of teflon grease. The mags periodically need to be taken apart and reassembled as they sometimes develop a leak. If they're stored pressurized, it seems that the seals stay sealed (i.e. do not creep out of place).

I have noted a functional issue with the one ParaOrd that I serviced. It had a funny habit of dumping entire mag gas charge in 1 shot out of 6. Fiddled and farted about 45min before I found the problem. A spring which pulls the valve reed in the blowback *albatross*'y is too tight. The sharp decrease in breech pressure when the bb leaves the barrel is sometimes not sufficient to make it change into the blowback state. I very carefully stretched it out to reduce it's preload (stretch it until the winds are barely pulling against each other) and it works fine now. I suspect that this gun was subject to a bad batch of springs which look just like acceptable springs but have too much preload.

All in all, I still believe that KJW offers very good value guns. Their problems are not showstoppers as only a bit of work is req'd to make them reliable shooters. You can overcome the mag capacity issue by firing off a short charge of gas rapidly to cool it down before a full fill.

All of the issues I've found with KJW are easily fixable. I wouldn't be surprised if they clear them up in the next production run. Except for the crappy fill valve which they've had as long as I can remember.

I have a MKI. Bloody hot gun. Blasts out 0.2g bbs at a blistering 560fps on propane. I'm hoping to accurize it someday and turn it into a discount sniper rifle and shoot 0.36/0.43g bbs. At $110USD it's cheaper than almost every GBB and shoots in the class of a highly upgraded APS2 in terms of muzzle velocity. If my plans work out, I'll call it the discount hobo gun. Dress up in shaggy urban ghillie (i.e. shredded old clothes) and affordably kick *albatross*. I'll smell bad too because I use propane.

A spring which pulls the valve reed in the blowback *albatross*'y is too tight. The sharp decrease in breech pressure when the bb leaves the barrel is sometimes not sufficient to make it change into the blowback state. I very carefully stretched it out to reduce it's preload (stretch it until the winds are barely pulling against each other) and it works fine now.

You mean this spring (view through eject port):

kjspring.jpg

KJW FMV guns are great, especially the G27.

I've gone up against one in a skirmish once, and I can attest that the figures of 330fps are correct. Probably more in Hong Kong, where it's usually about 26-30 degrees celsius most of the time.

I'm very interested in thier M93r FMV....does anyone know KJW's website?

You mean this spring (view through eject port):

kjspring.jpg

Nope. I'm referring to the spring retaining the conical bit inside the blue part. It's pinned into the removable piston pressed into the back end of the blue nozzle body.

That looks like an upgrade Guarder nozzle for WA 1911/0.45. KJW appears to have duplicated WA design with the exception of the blowback reed and the firing pin latch. Is that the Guarder upgrade part for WA guns?

I'm very interested in thier M93r FMV....does anyone know KJW's website?

Unfortunately KJW doesn't seem to have a website, as ridiculous as that might be, but quite a few members have searched for it without finding it - unless things have changed in recent years.

I'm also curious about a KJW M93R as it was my understanding that no such thing existed. Jungle Toy did advertise a gun as that but I believe it was in fact an STTI imported Omega, and certainly not full metal. Other than that I'm confused as to what you might mean.

Archived