HurricanE SR-47

LoneWolf

So I'm thinking about a AEG for X-Mas, and one that caught my eye (besides a M16A4/M203 with M5RAS) is the SR-47.

1. Anyone handled the HurricanE conversion kit?

2. What gun should I buy as a base? (make, model)

3. How's the quality of the kit?

4. Any problems?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I dont know how much money you are willing to spend but if you are buying a metal body you might as well go with a tm gun to start with(m16 series your preference). Hurricane bodies are pretty much top of the line. I was looking into their hk416 body but dont know if I want to spend yhat much cash yet.

Thanks for the input, and welcome to Arnies airsoft forum. I hope you enjoy you're stay! :)

True, but:

1. CA has a pre-upgraded and higher quality gearbox

2. CA uses better quality materials (stock, gearbox shell, grip, motor, barell, etc...)

3. I can easily sell the CA metal body and regain some cash, aswell as the CA one piece metal barrel and the rest 'o' the stuff I will not use.

Cheers,

Mike

So I'm thinking about a AEG for X-Mas, and one that caught my eye (besides a M16A4/M203 with M5RAS) is the SR-47.

4. Any problems?

Cheers,

Mike

I don't own a SR47,but according to people I know, the "tube" that guide the BBs in to the chamber is like a 'S" shape, so the BBs can't get in the chamber smoothly. Just tell you as a reference may not apply to all SR47 kit.

I've got one. It's actually for sale, check out this link for more info.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=31800

But that really isn't why I'm writing. Just writing to answer your questions. But before that, here are some pics.

nmBHIPlateCarrier2.jpg

SR-47Photo.jpg

NMSR47.jpg

SR473small.jpg

Here's a link to history on the real SR-47

http://quarterbore.com/kac/sr47.html

Additionally, Airsoft Players had some good thread on the SR-47 a while back, here are the links.

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic....archTerms=SR-47

I personally think this SR-47 is a great all purpose AEG, especially if you go with a collapsable stock. For some reason, my SR-47 is more accurate and has greater range than my ICS PCR-4 (M16A3) that has a higher FPS and longer barrel. Add that with the ability to use a AK 600 round high cap and you've got an excellent weapon for a designated marksman. The only reason that I'm getting rid of mine is that I want an TM M14.

Yes, I've had one for almost a year now. It's got a nice weight, is very solid, and looks good. I have to say the Hurricane SR-47 body is even better than my Hurricane Colt M4 body. There are just a could of features that make it seem a little nicer. The outter barrel and RIS are also very solid. Unlike some other airsoft RIS's there is no wobble on my SR-47.

I personally have a TM M16A2 in mine. I've owned CA, ICS, and TM and have to say that once properly upgraded, I've never had any issues with my TM mechboxes. On the other hand, I have had a string of minor issues with the CA version 2 and ICS version 2 (split) mechboxes. The CA and ICS did not have any problems that could not be figured out, but it just took a little more time and thought than dropping in a FTK or a similar selection of part. Some part worked in the CA and ICS mechboxes and others didn't.

I'd also recommend a mechbox with the battery wired to the rear. Being of fairly substantial construction, the RIS and metal barrel can make an AEG a little front heavy. By using a battery in the rear of the AEG really balances it out. Especially if you get a very large battery like a 9.6 volt 3300 mah. Personally I really like the Prime Crane Stock on my SR-47. It give me the best of both worlds, a collapsable stock and the battery in the rear. My SR-47 is probably my most balanced AEG.

I'm really impressed with it. I've had no issues. Easily as good (if not better) than the other Hurricane M4 metal bodies.

4. Any problems?

About the only issue that I have with my SR-47 is that the pin that holds the dust cover in place come out sometimes. The Delta Ring on the Hurricane SR-47 Kit prevents it from ever falling out completely, but it does come looses. It's not a big deal, but just one of those little things that bothers me. Other than that my SR-47 has no issues that I can think of.

1. CA has a pre-upgraded and higher quality gearbox

I agree somewhat, but I will say that my CA M15A4 Rifle (M16A3) shot at 280 FPS, which is almost exactly what my TM M4 RIS shot at when stock. I will agree about the mechbox and gears though. I also what to say that the CA mechbox is a little more picky about what parts work and what won't. I installed a Systema Bore Up Cylinder kit in my CA. After the upgrade, it shot great, sounded awesome, and the FPS exceeded my predictions. However, it would not feed from standard or mid cap mags, only high caps. After some annoying weeks of trying to figure it out, I discovered that the Systema nozzle and cylinder head were the issues (I read this on another forum). So I reinstalled the stock parts with the upgraded spring and the feeding issue when away. So like I said, my CA was just more picky about what parts it liked.

2. CA uses better quality materials (stock, gearbox shell, grip, motor, barell, etc...)

I'll agree on the exterior components. I personally liked the plastic on my CA. The finish on the metal was a little on the delicate side, but nothing bad. The metal itself also seemed pretty solid. The motor on the other hand, I personally thought was a little rough compared to even a TM EG1000.

3. I can easily sell the CA metal body and regain some cash, aswell as the CA one piece metal barrel and the rest 'o' the stuff I will not use.

All good ideas and probably worthy of giving it a try. CA have come a long way and they seem to try and correct the issues that are discovered with their products. I'd still prefer TM for long term durability and ease of upgrading, but if you get a good CA, it will be just as good, maybe a little better than, a TM.

All in all I really like the SR-47. It's a very unique AEG and mine is a very good performer. I've never needed to fix any part on mine. In the end get the SR-47 kit, and try the CA (but I still prefer TM). You should end up with an excellent, very useful skirmish capable AEG.

Good luck, let me know if I can answer anything else.

I don't own a SR47,but according to people I know, the "tube" that guide the BBs in to the chamber is like a 'S" shape, so the BBs can't get in the chamber smoothly. Just tell you as a reference may not apply to all SR47 kit.

You are correct, the hop up on an SR-47 does have a curved path. Before getting the kit, I too was worried about it. However, I've NEVER had an issue with bb's getting stuck in there or not being able to feed thru it. Like with everything else on an AEG, just keep it relatively clean and you won't have any issues.

You can see the curved hop up in this picture.

he_kit_sr47_low.jpg

Hurricane SR-47 Kit on WGC

I've got an SR-47, and also converted the front end (dropped on a 20" barrel, 509mm tightbore -- the hopup is hardly disagreeable.

For a base gun, I'd buy a Marui M16A2 -- already wired to the rear, and the kit begs for a Crane or M16A2 stock. Mine is off an M4, but that's because I didn't want to scrap my beloved TM M16.

I don't think building if off a CA is a good plan, though the G&P would be a great choice to do that with -- 7mm geargox, nicer than CA, and realistically all you have to do is re-shim it and drop in an M120.

As for the kit itself, the RAS is very sturdy, loved that. The body is very nice, remarkably durable, and easily one of the most attractive out there. It is rather picky on mags, they seem to only like Maruis (I've had/tried G&P, G&G, ICS, and CA -- CA sorta, but TM's are best anyway).

The hopup I happen to like, but it does notable lack support -- if you overtorque the delta assembly you can put the whole barrel cockeyed -- which is bad.

The mag release it a tad finnicky, I ended up attaching an extension so I could use it like an AK mag release (lever) instead of the M4 push-button.

Also, the dust cover components aren't hte greatest, I've lost mine.

If you want an SR-47, there should be nothing I could say to dissuade you, but in any case, it's a fantastic kit, rare (makes expensive), and I think is positively excellent.

I forgot to mention the mags. The mag release is different than on a M4, it's obviously like on the AK, where you need to insert the top, front part of the mag first and then rock it into the mag well. For me it took a little getting used to, because I was used to M16 type mag releases. Removing the mag is the opposite as putting it in, hit the mag release button and rock it forward.

The mag release itself, is very tight. I found I needed to polish mine up a little bit and then keep it clean and lubed to work smoothly. Other than that no big issues with the mag release.

From reading what ever I could find on this kit, I found out the TM mags were the most (and sometimes the only) recommended mags. Furthermore, the mags MIGHT require some very easy and minor modifications. With a stock mag, it is possible to just rock the mag out of the well, without hitting the mag release. This is mainly an issue when your shooting from the prone postion. The fix for this is amazingly simple. When a mag is in the mag well, there is a small sloped tab that engages the mag catch. This slope is just a little too slippery for the mag catch, and leads to the issue I described above. To correct this situation, all you need to do if file the base of that slope a little bit, and I mean a little bit. By squaring up that slope, it allows the mag to really lock into the mag catch. You only need to remove a slight amount of material for this to work. Just so you know, I modified all of my mags within 20 minutes. According to what I read, this will not effect how the mags work in a standard AK too. Just thought I'd let you know.

Archived