Try to guess what this is:

IM000325.jpg

IM000346.jpg

IM000339.jpg

IM000340.jpg

IM000345.jpg

IM000344.jpg

I might have to sell my other ###### so I can get the silver version, too... so I can go dual gunning. :P I seriously can't wait until they release a full auto version of this baby...

The magwell is so blingin' B) I kind of want to chrome the outer barrel or the slide... wonder how much it would cost? But it will probably wear and look nasty afterwards.

Anyways, now that the pictures are out of the way, on to the review. I bought the Dragon package from the great people at Evike.com. Shipping was fast and communication was excellent, as usual. The package was at my house in two days. :)

The performance is great. Kick is very hard (more so than my G18c w/ plastic slide or previous G19 w/ metal slide and highflow valve), and the slide cycling is so much faster than the regular Hi Capa. This thing is built so solid and the parts fit very well with no rattling (minimal if you try to shake the *beep* out of it). I've completely forgotten what an Infiniti is... :D Rapier mentioned rumors that the slide is made from aluminum vs. the (supposed) pot metal used in the regular Hi Capa. All I can say is that from memory (I sold my Hi Capa to buy this baby) the material of the slide does feel different but I couldn't tell ya for sure. The grip safety also seems to work much better than the one included in the Hi Capa. Installation of the chrome magwell was a bit of a pain, but a hammer can fix anything. :lol:

I fired three mags through it so far. I filled the first mag for about 6 seconds with green gas and I was able to get off about 23 shots. Rather disappointing, I thought, but I had a similiar experience with my previous regular WE Hi Capa and found that filling it for about 10 seconds provided 60 shots in the Hi Capa (and this was WITH a slight leak in the mag... my Dragon's mag has no leak). So I filled it for about 10 seconds and I was able shoot off the 7rds left over (I had filled the mag with 30) and the slide had no problem locking back. Then I was able to fire 58 more rds from the single fill, which gave it 65 shots total on one fill... not bad. Anyways, I shot at a coke can from about 25 feet away and here are some results:

IM000362.jpg

IM000360.jpg

Not that it says anything besides "shooting cans are fun". :D

My only gripe (besides not having two of them :lol:) is that the front section (with the front sight) may come a little loose after some firing if the hex screw (allen key included) holding it underneath the dust cover is not tight enough. Of course, the tradeoff is that you might strip it if you turn it too tight, but I gave it some force and it didn't appear that it will strip, and by looking at the screw head I couldn't even tell that I turned it as there were no signs of any wear. It would have been nice if the front section was a little longer (see first photo) so I could drill another hole underneath to give it additional stability if need be, although, it probably isn't necessary.

I waited a couple months for this baby, and after receiving it and trying it, I can say that this was definitely worth the wait. If you like 1911s (I guess they are called 2011s now), and you want a full metal sexy kick *albatross* gun, the WE Dragon is the one for you! :)

Now some ratings, pointless since it's subjective but oh well:

Looks: 9/10, did you expect anything less? I love 1911s. If it had some decent trademarks or was chromed out, I'd give it a 10. :D

Performance: 9/10, kick and power is great on green gas. The slide cycling speed is much faster than the Hi Capa, as well (albeit, it's nothing like the speed of a plastic slided G18c). Having never handled a TM Desert Eagle, I couldn't tell ya how it compares so I'll stick with a 9.

Build: 9/10, yes a 9... much of the rattlyness of the Hi Capa is gone (at least in my version) and the grip safety appears to be much better than the Hi Capa. If the front section had another screw hole supporting it or if the plastic grips felt a little better, I'd give it a 10. But that's just being picky.

Value: 10/10, I guess an Infiniti would be the standard 2011 to compare to, and having never handled one, I'd rather have two WE Dragons than one WA Infiniti. Also, $645 for one WA Dragon (pfft) or five WE Dragons? Hmm... I was going to give it a 9.5 but at 1/2 the cost of an Infiniti or 1/5 the cost of WA Dragon... c'mon!!!

Overall: 9.5/10, I guess it would be like comparing a STAR M249 to a CA M249. I being the poor man, love this thing. :D I'd like to give a 10, but a CA man might want to give it a 9. So here is a compromise.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video is out of the question, unless you don't mind .3gp video (although, Black Friday is coming up, so you never know). :P As for more pics, I took a bunch of redundant photos:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b198/davedaw...soft%20gallery/

Have a look if you don't mind the repetition. ;)

*Edit*

I think I'd have to get one standard and one silver, then mix parts between the two. Looks good, though. Has a kinda "Equilibrium-y" look to it. I wonder if they'll do a full auto version?

:zorro:

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing... XM203 anyone? :D

Edited by davedawg123

Do you mean the green front sight? :P I had no problem hitting the soda can when I hung it from a couple of chairs, even when the can was swinging about. Now, was it because of me or the optic sight? Well, I'd like to think it was a little bit of both. :lol:

I forgot to mention, the little blurred engravement on the top of the outer barrel is ".45 ACP". It would be sweet to give it a name and engrave it on the slide...

The gun case is made of pretty durable plastic. You close it and the grips slide over the top and bottom halves of the sides of the handle, as can be seen (sort of) from this picture:

IM000332.jpg

As for the holster, it is made of some nylon material (I'm guessing) and has velcro straps and a buckle for holding the gun in place. It also has room for a spare mag, and you can't really tell, but the logo reads "Fire Dragon":

IM000376.jpg

IM000375.jpg

IM000377.jpg

Don't mind the flash, the holster is much darker than the photos.