Sten project

Dusk

Here are some pictures of my Sten-to be.

So far, ive only made a modification to the mag well.

20051202soft0062ny.jpg

and

20051202soft0089zy.jpg

Only took 3 hours of filing and some crafty hacksaw work to get those thompson mags to fit. Ledpocket assisted me.

Sooner or later i will have a new sten reciever made, and it will become a mkV with a intregal silencer.

-dusk-

Do you know what a Sten looks like? It's good for a testbed of ideas, but the scale is way off and the grip is all wrong. The Sten had a little bit of metal that the butt connected to to form a grip. It looks more like a sterling than anything else. Buy a parts kit and some uzi mags and you'll be on your way. If you go gbb, you could use a variety of mac 11 parts and mags, and you can get closer to the propper scale. Go shoot some stormtroopers with it.

Try reading.....

It looks like a sterling, because.... IT IS A STERLING. Im on my way to modifying it into a sten. I used the sterling base, because it has the side feed, and normal hop up. It was Ledpocket's custom made sterling.

You know there is more than one sten type around, dont you?

Mac11 wouldnt work because the liquid gas would feed in, and it would get 10 shots per mag. Also, the Thompson mags are close enough to the stens.

How about you go shoot some storm troopers with whatever you have?

I don't think realism is that big of a problem on that front :rolleyes: They're not that much different, it's not like he's using an AK magazine.

Very nice Dusk, I look forward to seeing the stages of progress ;)

You guys get too wraped up in your underwear over this stuff.

Dusk is working toward an impression of a gun, and put several hours of hard work into the first step. I know which sten he's after, and I believe he'll get pretty close. If he doesn't he'll still have a cool custom gun that he can be proud to say he designed and built himself (at least to some degree ;) )

And to be honest, enough people called my original sterling impression a sten...so much so that I believe a great majority of self proclaimed gun experts have their heads very far up their posteriors.

Cut the kid some slack, or post up your hand-built 100% accurate replicas.

Sorry, friend. By in my coutry airsofters call such a products as a "pokemongun". See a Sten by Kyltboy - it's a real Sten...

you know what... if you dont have constructive criticism how about you keep your mouth shut. He is trying to do something he wants to do. Even if it isnt a 1:1 replica of the gun, who cares. He is making it close enough for his own use.

This is also his first project. Im sure as time progresses things will start to look better.

Nice job Dusk. I would use TOP MP40 mags for a sten. They are 9mm and the length is perfect. You can even make the TOP mags into hi-caps using TM UZI mag internals and base cap.

If you want to keep it a Sterling use the MP5 mags, there again they are 9mm size.

-kalbs-

I only pointed out what I thought needed to be addressed from your pics. It was relevent to your post and I offered what could be done with other parts. If you put something up to be judged don't cry and *fruitcage* with their rep when someone gives you constructive criticism. Learn to read? What was there to read? All I saw was a few lines of text on how you wasted hours filing up a thompson mag when a mac 11 or uzi mag could have been used with little to no work. I meant no malice in my post, you need to get a sense of humor.

The post had no reference to a sterling. It is called "Sten project". I don't follow your every post tracking you over the forums knowing that it was a sterling from someone else's job. Put a little more into the post saying "this was a custom sterling that I'm converting to a sten." Not everyone followed the project from inception. I love the sten and I look forward to seeing it done.

If you read, you would have know i said i was making a new sten reciever, and all i had done was fiddle with the mag well.

You came off as a total *albatross* about it, and im not sorry for your mistakes. No retailitory reps either. I dont care about constructive crit., but that was hardly constructive.

Archived