Which Famas to buy

Duff Beer

Basically I was wondering if anyone knew (for sure) if the F1 or SV can have an M203 put on them without having to break out the dremmel or duck tape? I have seen the small grenade launchers that fit on 20mm rails so maybe one of those could go on the SV?

Also has anyone put a bipod on their SV? Doug and Rhino suggested that it can be done here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=3830&st=20

Anyone had any similar ideas/experiences? Are there any barrel mounted bipods that could be attached whilst still allowing clearance for the M203 to fire?

Cheers

If you want to throw on an M203, you will have to do some modifications by either adding rails or doing some other fancy work to attach it without snapping the tabs of the foregrip. Neither the SV or the F1 have stock rails on it. If you're going for the M203 and you're willing to mod it, might as well keep the sling mounts.

Couple of pics found here: http://world.guns.ru/assault/as21-e.htm

[edit]

Might as well give my opinion as well. I think the M203 looks clumsy as hell on the FA-MAS.

I think it'd be far more user-friendly AND look a lot cooler to bolt a rail under there and bung on one of those Mini Moscart launchers.

Ok, nOOb moment, Moscart launcher? Is that the what looks like a pistol mounted M203 which runs on the gas shells?

To be honest though, if I was going for a gun that looks beautiful I wouldn't go for a Famas. I like it because it is a bullpup (can't stand the SA80, I just hate it for some reason) and the AUG was used in Red Dwarf VIII so I can't take it seriously. Plus Famas is like the anti-M16. Not many people have one but it still has kudos for those in the know. This is something of a paradox though because as soon as the Famas becomes cool then everyone will get one and then it will get to the same point as the Armalite.

Ok, nOOb moment, Moscart launcher?  Is that the what looks like a pistol mounted M203 which runs on the gas shells?

Yep. that's them.

This is something of a paradox though because as soon as the Famas becomes cool then everyone will get one and then it will get to the same point as the Armalite.

Ummm.... I wouldn't worry about that happening any time soon. :D

Yeah I thought that was a moscart. I was thinking of sticking one on if I couldn't fit rails without having to mod it. Plus I assume it would also fit on the SV.

And as for Famas' being cool, they are.

Is it possible to get the moscart used in Battle Royale II? I love the pivot on it.

Here's a pretty exhaustive list of what's available in airsoft grenade launchers:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?c...ade%20Launchers

(and I think moscart is an airsoft brand, not a general GL synonym). For a FAMAS I'd go for something like the Mosquito Molds Mini Launcher as I think the M203 looks way to clumsy on it. If you are going for a sci-fi look anyway, that would be way more fitting.

Cheers guys,

The looks aren't overly important to me. Obviously I don't want it to look ugly or look like it's just been TaQ'd, but if it has a purpose then on it goes. The mini moscart is the way to go I think with a couple of 165rnd gas grenades. Should do some good in CQB. Best bet is for when I am reloading.

Archived