Hong Kong airsoft prices

[VT]Mofo2000

I'm going to HK next Tues and plan to get some airsoft stuff from the local shops. I heard that the street prices are lower than their online prices (WGC, redwolf, etc). How much lower? Is the price negotiable? Would I get ripped off as a foreigner?

Also it seems that most of the airsoft stores are located on Mong Kok St. Are there other popular airsoft streets? What are some cheap and reliable but but less well-known stores?

Thanks in advance.

My buddy said the prices are cheaper usually then online on most items. He also told me that you can talk them down on the prices. Being chinese I know from personal experience that most chinese people will negotiate on prices. Well cheers to you and have a great time. I plan on going back myself soon, too.

There is no WGC showroom, they are situated in a tower block of offices. You have to arrange to go there to buy stuff (via email), I just showed up once and the guy said I should have sent them an email with a list of the thing I wanted.

Price-wise it is cheaper in HK, like Tef said, expect a 20% cut in the price. Haggle, they are not willing to do that much unless you are a big customer (ie, don't bother to haggle if all you are buying is a scope mount).

All your need will be met in Mong Kok, but I would give UnCompany (Wan Chai) a shot aswell as they are a more courteous to deal with their prices are slightly higer though. (Link to UnCo)

Also, have a good time in HK.

Oh and just a note...

Don't negotiate... the prices are fixed and its totally useless to negotiate.

Just thought you should know..

Hear what the local says. The best you can do is 1% to 2% which doesn’t worth your effort. HK peeps are different than peeps from China. Retailers in HK don’t markup 20% so you can have a fun time negotiating. You do that to the Mainland China peeps, not HK peeps. Oh, and expect they give you a “cheap look” if you do attempt to negotiate.

Online price and local price might varies, it’s a different market after all. Just because they sell higher through the Internet, doesn’t mean the local retailers got the margin for you to negotiate. This concept is very wrong.

Good luck and Happy Shopping!

Shop prices are usually cheaper, though Guns n Guys website prices and store prices are very similar/pretty much the same.

I wouldnt borther negociating sometimes you get a rounded figure but thats about it so for example if you bought something and it cost say $2070 HKD they might round it up to $2000 but thats about it

Hear what the local says. The best you can do is 1% to 2% which doesn’t worth your effort. HK peeps are different than peeps from China. Retailers in HK don’t markup 20% so you can have a fun time negotiating. You do that to the Mainland China peeps, not HK peeps. Oh, and expect they give you a “cheap look” if you do attempt to negotiate.

Online price and local price might varies, it’s a different market after all. Just because they sell higher through the Internet, doesn’t mean the local retailers got the margin for you to negotiate. This concept is very wrong.

Good luck and Happy Shopping!

Yea, exactly what I mean. Thanks Ladios :)

and very true, never neogotiate with Hong Kong people... only do it to Mainland China ppl... HK peeps are alot more honest than Mainland ppl (no offense to anyone).

Yea, exactly what I mean. Thanks Ladios :)

and very true, never neogotiate with Hong Kong people... only do it to Mainland China ppl... HK peeps are alot more honest than Mainland ppl (no offense to anyone).

Hahaha... you haven't met my wife. She'll haggle everything when she visit her folks in HK.

Oh and just a note...

Don't negotiate... the prices are fixed and its totally useless to negotiate.

Just thought you should know..

Sorry but thats rubbish, Pstok a member here walked into several shops and got major discounts on gunns as well as accessories. RedWolf was very generous in thier prices and priced matched or beat other retailers distributers who Pstok got quotes from.

Oh while im at it look in the review section, other members who have gone to HK have said the same.

Sorry but thats rubbish, Pstok a member here walked into several shops and got major discounts on gunns as well as accessories. RedWolf was very generous in thier prices and priced matched or beat other retailers distributers who Pstok got quotes from.

Oh while im at it look in the review section, other members who have gone to HK have said the same.

Easy mate! Peeps here are trying to help. I see no reason for trashing other's sharing. Especially the local's that have been purchasing from those retailers for 10-15 yrs? Us locals are implying to general purchasing experience. Different situation yield different result.

Redwolf was generously knock off 2% on my $1500 USD purchase yesterday (Systema PTW MAX, Battery, Charger, BBs), will you define that as major discount?

If you are buying a large amount of stuff, like you said, gunS and accessorIES, yea, you get a discount. Its like you go to a comic book store and bought $500 USD comics, you sure would expect a discount.

What I am trying to say is, your quantity of purchase, your goods selections(such as current stock volume, legacy product, etc), which sales person(new kid that just started to work for 3 days or the shop owner himself) you talked to may yield a different result.

What the local says here imply to general sales/purchase behavior. If you pay enough, they will sell you the business with a big discount tag on it as well. Don’t discredit others when you have no first hand experience, please.

When i was there i asked for a discount. But the prices were already damn good anyway, so i was happy with the small discount i got (which was like between 2-5% i believe)

Indeed Architect, the price in HK is really low, that’s why its attractive to us and competitive to other retailers. When most of them are selling below the MSRP, you can take an educated guess on how much more they can lower their price.

I remember the time when my friend own a Computer shop selling CPUs and stuff. Customer asked him to give him a small discount on CPU, my friend told him that he can’t really go much further. “Not even $10?($1.3 USD)” said the customer and my friend said sorry that he couldn’t. Do you know why? Coz my friends is selling his CPU at Cost + $8. Heh, that’s how competitive the HK market is.

Although I'd just like to say that Uncompanies shipping rates seem rather overpriced ($29 USD to airmail a plastic loading nozzle!?!?!? what are you nuts?!?!? it's like 25 grams!!!!!) compared to ordering the same thing from another store one street away.... not really what you call "honest".... just like any culture there will always be someone to try to rip you off somewhere along the line... ;)

Archived