SRC reliability

D313373R

How good are SRC, i have heard people swear by them, but I have also heard that they can break after 300 rounds which one is true? If they are good I want to sell my mp5 to a mate and get one of their m16's or m4's but i don't want to get into one of them then have it break ande be screwed.

you know you could have searched this, but before everyone starts flaming, why don't we use this thread as a final showdown of whether SRCs are good.

So my question for everyone:

Are SRCs acceptable, scirmishable rifles?

everyone knows a marui, CA, or ICS will be better, but are SRCs acceptable enough to work for people who can't afford a marui?

Alright, now everyone go! debate! let's see if SRCs stand up to this final showdown thread...

I agree, finally, a thread that people won't flame. I was actually thinking about the samething, but search didn't help "SRC" was just too broad and I didn't want to get flamed by starting one.

Well, the new ones have been out a while, and according to the local JT store near me, they've sold very well and customers only came but for minor complaints.

i don't know anything about them, but their pics on WGC look really nice.

although, it does state 250-270fps, which is average-low for a TM stock gun :)

might make good project guns.

the logo does look really cool i must admit :)

well I have one, used it very very lightly. one thing broke, fixed then something else broke, fixed that too. now its held together with a bunch of electrical tape !! garbage gun.

also packaging is horible, so buy it if you want a soon-to-break AEG with paint rubbed off due to poor packaging. (do a search, I posted some pix)

mine has: broken wiring, fixed. motor came loose, fixed. loose magazine well, not fixed so after a burst on full auto, it simply falls out.

save yourself some trouble and save a few dollars for a TM, I have all these problems with mine and all I do is shoot paper targets around the house.

here are some links:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=41172

well I have one, used it very very lightly. one thing broke, fixed then something else broke, fixed that too. now its held together with a bunch of electrical tape  !!  garbage gun.

also packaging is horible, so buy it if you want a soon-to-break AEG with paint rubbed off due to poor packaging. (do a search, I posted some pix) 

mine has: broken wiring, fixed.  motor came loose, fixed.  loose magazine well, not fixed so after a burst on full auto, it simply falls out.

save yourself some trouble and save a few dollars for a TM, I have all these problems with mine and all I do is shoot paper targets around the house.

you make some good points, but it sounds like all of your problems could be fixed by tightening a few screws.

SRC is a good company if you are gettin into airsoft or just want another gun without having to pay for a well known brand like TM or CA. One of the better things is that SRC makes inexpensive replacement parts so if something breaks you can buy a new one. Plus you could tinker with it since everything is so cheap. These do not break after 300 rnds, my friend had one and used it in 2 full day games and it didnt break. IMO this is a reliable maufacturer. Not every gun is going to be perfect, i sure that someone has had a new TM or CA that has broken down on them.

I think the advice is as follows:

Unless you're technically competent and willing to put in time to get the gun shooting in an acceptable fashion, avoid.

I'll admit it's not the easiest thing to search for, but perseverance produces prizes (Wee! Go alliteration!):

http://www.airsoftohio.com/reviews/showpro...=7&cat=2&page=1

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=42260&hl=

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=41172&hl=

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=39166&hl=

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=35557&hl=

Lots of anecdotes of them breaking fast.

For my money, buy a TM, those things die old....

that is good for refference, but I think it would be nice to consolidate everything into a fresh flame-free thread. So I would really like to see some "I have one and it sucks" and some "I have one and it's amazing", not a bunch of "it can't be that good" or "I've heard bad things"

I own one, and the gearbox froze up on the second shot so I took it back and they gave me new batteries to fix it, claiming the batteries were a dud. less than a hi-cap later, it froze again and I had to wait 2 weeks for them to rewire everything. I haven't had a problem since, but I'll give it ratungs in a few areas:

Looks: 10/10, the gun is very nice looking (at least mine is)

Feel: 9/10, teh gun has a nice weight to it, but it only gets a 9 as it's I think a pound less tha the RS.

Performance: 7/10 rather disappointing. it sure gets some good FPS, but the hop up is poor. A gun with this FPS should be getting a 130-140 foot range, but it gets more like a 110-120 foot range due to the weak hop up.

My advice, save up a little longer and buy a TM or ICS, you'll be much happier in the long run.

Greg

I own an src(non metal one) first day the sector gear stripped. I bought some ca super torque up gears for it and it worked great. But since then I have upgraded every part on it and I am now starting to rebuild my src. I think the cheap 200 dollar one is a good starter for some one looking to do a project gun. The gearbox is almost identical to my progear gearbox. Reinforced and all. Its got a crappy piston head. The screws that hold the bottom plate to the grip strip easily. I have played at skirmishes with others using src's also and they held up for the entire day. I think if you work the minor quirks out , they are great guns. One thing you have to remember is, all new companies have problems when they start out (ca, ics). Over time I belive that src will be a good continder but only time will tell

When I worked for JT I sold at least a dozen of the guns, 8-9 of them came back in with issues. Mostly they had shredded gears, one had stripped the screws holding the motor base plate into the grip and one had a short in the wire harness. After sending back a case and a half of the things I got an e-mail asking me to send them a write up of the issues and what to do to fix them. Crusader (who was my tech and part timer) wrote a 3 page letter to them explaining all the issues and the fixes for them. Now they are on the V2.2 gear box. Don't know what it is like now, havn't seen one of the new ones.

Forgot, one of them (the one I had on display) some moron put the hop up rubber in backwards so when I tried to fire it so I could chrono it it shredded the hop up.

The biggest issue with buying SRC from Jungletoy is they have them shipped in as parts and asseble them in the warehouse. Most the people putting them togeather apearantly have no idea what an aeg is much less how to build one. :(

The biggest issue with buying SRC from Jungletoy is they have them shipped in as parts and asseble them in the warehouse. Most the people putting them togeather apearantly have no idea what an aeg is much less how to build one. :(

No wonder mine broke down twice in less than 500 rounds. if it is the guy that sold it to me is the one that put it together, I can understand why it broke so quickly, as he thought elctric snipers were far better than spring or gas! :rolleyes::lol:

Archived