1911 Picture Thread

That little piece may just be the problem. It was a fix for my problem. If you choose to do it, just make sure that you file little by little. Dont file too much off or you will get off one shot, and the rest of the gas will vent out. If you could take a video that may also help. PM n00b3r, he may know whats going on.

I ended up taking the slide apart, and was met by a recoil spring far longer than stock and about twice as strong as the spring in my Raptor.. no wonder it wasnt working :P

I swapped them over and now have a working springfield and a hand cannon kimber :)

speaking of which, there's a steel SCW2 Kimber Marsoc on GnG, only 8800HKD :D

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger, ######s, *fruitcage*. 

The slide catch recess on the slide has started to wear down on my MARSOC. Looks like i may have to use this as a base for the Desert Warrior unless i can get a metal slide on the cheap.

the same happened on my raptor, I filed down the recess to its original angle, installing a stronger recoil spring also fixed the issue of the slidestop not going fully into the recess.

I also pull back the slide a bit before I release the slidelock, it prevents further damage (since the wear is caused by the release more than the slide locking back itself)

cheers.

Edited by hardboiledcop

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=COLT

Eh? :blink:

Edit : Ah, maybe you meant it'd be wrong on an A1? But (as Mathub has said below) TK also make a modern style slide for the TM 1911, I guess these are for that.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman