Pistols/shotties only event: would you go?

Sledge

Just wondering how much interest there would be in a pistols and shotguns event or day in the UK. I remember reading about the Biohazard events in the States and they seemed like a good giggle. Would that be of interest to UK players, or are we too married to AEGs? And if you were at a pistols/shotties day, what sort of games would you want? Would a zombie/survival theme appeal? And please add any other thoughts, ideas or comments you may have.

:zorro:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excuse to use my pistol more :D

Depends where though. It's not something I'd pay a collosal rail fare for.

Honestly, if we're talking pistols, I'd say keep it indoors/CQB.

Zombie-age sounds good. I'd also say some sort of duels (not three-paces and turn, but one on one in an enclosed area).

Can't make it but for those that are interested,

Games with just pistols or shoties are awesome! When my team plays at indoor venues thats all we use and the games are very fast paced and exciting.

here is a photo of us clearing the warehouse:

blam1281.jpg

Do it guys you won't be disapointed!

i always think shottie and pistol games are awesome.

it would HAVE to be a weekend though, just to make it worth the trip to wherever the game is. and there is no way it could be on a woodland site.

not sure about the zombie theme, it always seems to involve zombies taking hundreds of hits before dying, which isn't so good for the people playing them.

a SWAT/police type thing would soot pistols and shotties, and it is something that has been done at the site i play at.

if it were to go ahead, it may also pay to get a few big cannisters of propane for the weekend. people would apprecite it A LOT if they didn't have to buy 20 cans of gas for the weekend.

I'd think it would be boring playing with AEGs all the time. Pistols and shotties seem to make for such a different approach to combat.

Does anyone ever play a King of the Hill scenerio? (woo video games :P) It would be hard to actually have a timer for everyone, so I guess you'd need a referee. But that seems like it would be pretty kickass for a shotties/pistol game. :)

Definatly, would make a change from the permanant annoyance of full auto, + a bit more of a 'proper' sound to airsoft. Expensive on gas though.... :(

Really not to pricey on gas. I've done several pistol-only games and never used more than a can of green in a day. Remember, unless you're completely batsh*t, you won't have a very high ROF.

Yup we would have to find a major retailer who would bring along a crate of gas...green gas! Gas is not too expensive, less than 1p per shot.

And I seriously doubt you could get through more than 2 cans in a day!

What about having it at CBQ scotland? Lots of indoor stuff, great if the weather is wet!

Plus it would not have to be expensive, UTG shotguns are less than 40 quid! And All you need is a red dot and BB to get going!

McM

I'd definately be up for it. In that company my Mk23 would make me invincible. I would be unstoppable. Muhahaha.

:mellow:

Ahem, yeah.

Gotta say, my competetive nature enjoys this sort of thing. I bought a HFC MP200 pump-action MP5 springer for the springer game at AG05 and, obviously, never got the chance to use it. The bugger shoots at the same power as an AEG though so it's real monster springer.

mm well yes, sort of ...I haven't really found an affinity with a particular pistol yet & shotties tend to be too heavy on the wrist for me to cope with

I tired doing pistol only games at electro last month & I was a bit 'meh' about it..I didn't get my rush until I switched back to the AEG games.

that said..I'm happy to keep experimenting, so yes I may be interested in coming, even if I decide it's not for me on the day, I like to watch games & learn techniques as well, so I'd still enjoy & wouldn't view it as a waste :)

Archived