SRC reliabilty thread

Donut

Ok, lots of people are asking about the SRC guns. So in this thread, we'll take all about it. I know there are many of this kind made, but lets put all the info in this one and keep it.

Post only if you have or have used the gun, tell us

1. When did you get it? and where?

2. What model did you get?

3. How often do you play with it?

4. Did you upgrade/replace anything?

5. Most importantly, what problems do you have/had?

6. What did you do for those problems?

7. Would you recommend it? why?

Try not to clutter this forum with useless talks, if you want to talk (or flame) about it, start another thread and referance this. Let people not be afraid to post the fact that they've bought a SRC gun.

And KEEP US UPDATED!!!

My friend recently got one. I'll try and answer some questions.

1. He got it from jungletoy, since they have all the models.

2. He got the cqb one, the one with the commando length barrel and without ris.

3. A bunch of us have played for a bout 4 hours every day last weak and again today.

4. No upgrades/replacements.

5. The only problem we ever had with his gun is that the mini battery died, but still a four hour day on a mini battery is pretty good considering it's his first aeg and he's a little trigger happy.

6. Buy an extra battery if you plan on playing for long periods of time.

7. I recommended it to him because he needed a cheap, but good, gun so he could keep up with the rest of us who have real aegs. In my opinion it's a great starting point but there are minor things that would make me buy the marui instead. Like the space between the two body halfs (you can just barely see the gear box the the gap in the body, where the field stripping comes into play), and the charge handle doesn't always go back all the way in(probably just need to be cleaned, it's been rainy lately and probably got mud in it)

If you don't mind those little things I just mentioned then get the gun you won't be sorry. It is definitely worth what jungletoy is selling it at.(just over 200 I think)

The gap in the body is nothing and won't cause any problems, it's probably less than a sixteenth of an inch. (or just over a milimeter for you fellows more accustomed to the metric system)

Just my two cents.

if you're willing to deal with the minor quirks, go for it. if you're like me and hate little quirks, don't buy it, save upp, and buy an ICS Armalite.

I have one and now that I have those oh so annoying problems ironed out it shoots pretty well, although the hop up isn't as good as it could be.

To put it in short, it's a good but not great gun. If it didn't ahve the minor quirks, it'd be a 10/10, but it only gets an 8.5. Normally, due to all the quirks I'd only give it a 7.5 or lower, but do to the bargain price, it gets a better score.

Taken from Airsoftcore... http://www.airsoftcore.com/postt35542.html

Member: viperskid

1. When did you get it? and where?-www.Evike.com , about 7-8 months ago.

2. What model did you get? Regular SR-4

3. How often do you play with it? Every time I get a chance I play with it.

4. Did you upgrade/replace anything? I replaced the body, but with another standard body.

5. Most importantly, what problems do you have/had? The body broke.

6. What did you do for those problems? See 4.

7. Would you recommend it? why? Yes, it is a great MPEG-AEG. Perfect for the beginer airsofter. Just about as high quality as a Marui, but a lot cheaper. If you want trademarks, this gun has none. But if you don't care about stuff like that (like me) it is a great weapon to hold you over until you get a better gun.

Member: csspecs

1. Got it off the ASR classifeids. 3 months ago.

2. SRC SR4

3. Every week end.

4. Yes. The gun came broken, so I replaced the upper, the gears, the pinion gear, the wiring, the bushings(the gears are SRC).

5. Gearbox lockups due to a skined wire next to the motor(not enough power to motor). Sector gear lost three teeth after 9350 rounds. Pinion gear came striped due to poor shimming(now its a gaurder). The shots go to the left after 100 feet.

6. I have Gaurder Gears, hop up rubber, and an TM EG700 coming. The EG700 is not needed, but I needed to get over 75.00 so I put it on.

7. IF it was the "right" price I would. If the person knew how to work on a gearbox I would.

This is not a gun for newbies.(unless you know someone who will work on it for free)

Member: EHSairsoft

1. got it from airsoft of Nashville for christmas

2. M933

3. havent played a game with it but i have shot around my yard with it.

4. i got a lemon (shot 10 rounds then died) so i took it back and they gave me a new one

5. like i mentioned in the aeg section, it goes about 70 feet and then curves to the right. also you have to wind the highcaps about every 15 rounds

6. nothing yet...

7. this is a great starter gun i think because it isnt as much as a marui but performs basically the same, maybe a little less ROF and range but not by much. it really is very good except for the accuracy and i reccomed for a first gun, but other than that, go with a marui or CA

Well, I have a friend who works at my local JT store. And so far, they've sold 13 of the new batch (all the new styles, M933, M16, SR16, CQBR, and M4 crane) and only 2 were returned due to a faulty battery and a faulty mag. I guess the new ones aren't that bad anymore...

Forgot, one of them (the one I had on display) some moron put the hop up rubber in backwards so when I tried to fire it so I could chrono it it shredded the hop up.

The biggest issue with buying SRC from Jungletoy is they have them shipped in as parts and asseble them in the warehouse. Most the people putting them togeather apearantly have no idea what an aeg is much less how to build one. sad.gif

Based on Rapier's (Jan 2 2006, 10:49 PM) statement, I think it would be wise to get someone who is technically competent to open up your gun and rebuild it before playing with it to avoid problems.

Archived