Holsters?

levinson

Anyone have any suggestions for a drop leg thigh holster for a Tm P226, or aUSP? So annoying.

Trigger, I was just suggesting an expensive holster as he has not provided any thing more than which gun he'd like it to work with.

Really? :P

I know that you were just doing that. I suggested a 6004 that is even more expensive. ;)

I was trying to be helpful, with little to no information

best thing is if he goes down to his local game site and try everyone elses and find their good points and bad points.

also, if he is doing a look of anything, then he can just say so and we can tell him what they use.

i went through maybe 2 or 3 holsters before i settled with some i like [bHI omega and eagle, the latter of which BHI make copies..]

I have heard very bad things about the SERPA holsters. I would suggest going for a Safariland 6004 if you want a keydex holster for your gun. If not take a look at the Eagle holsters. If you want something cheaper then look at the TT moduar holster ;)

I've got a SERPA holster for my 226 and love it. Holds weapon securely in place even while crawling through the muck.

Also have a 6004 for my WA 1911 MEU also highly recommend that as well. Either one would be a good choice.

If your looking for something cheaper and with high quality I recommend this.

best thing is if he goes down to his local game site and try everyone elses and find their good points and bad points.

also, if he is doing a look of anything, then he can just say so and we can tell him what they use.

i went through maybe 2 or 3 holsters before i settled with some i like [bHI omega and eagle, the latter of which BHI make copies..]

what eagle holsters?

The bad things I've heard about SERPA holsters are AD stories.

I've heard of two ADs caused by the retention system that grips the trigger guard. Two people now have bullet holes in their leg because of that system.

Not a great design if you ask me...

For a kydex drop holster, go for the Safariland 6004.

For a modular holster, go for the Tactical Tailor Modular Holster.

For a belt holster, try one of the Safariland belt models.

• 1 month later...
The bad things I've heard about SERPA holsters are AD stories.

I've heard of two ADs caused by the retention system that grips the trigger guard. Two people now have bullet holes in their leg because of that system.

Not a great design if you ask me...

For a kydex drop holster, go for the Safariland 6004.

For a modular holster, go for the Tactical Tailor Modular Holster.

For a belt holster, try one of the Safariland belt models.

Wait, I think I have to throw down the BS flag on that play. How could one shoot his own leg while the gun was in the holster? The SERPA is offset a bit, so the barrel is literally sitting 3-4 inches out from the body. It's like shooting yourself in the back of the neck with an M4. Besides, in airsoft, accidental discharge is a real non-issue. If that's the only issue with SERPAs, they really are ahead of the pack.

Safarilands are decent. Keep in mind that the design allows crud to get into the holster. Another point to consider is that it will break. Safarilands wear out and finally break with about two years of serious use. Obviously YMMV.

My HSGI for the 226 is quite good alas the thumb snap isnt too good  :(

This has proven to be annoyingly true. I really loved the holster, but aside from being fussy to unbuckle, the retention system really doesn't seem to stay correctly adjusted; thus the reason I'm looking through holster threads on Arnies and every military and police board I can find to get a new holster for my P226. I've tried out quite a few rigs, but finding first hand experience with the newest model SERPA tactical is difficult. It appears to have been redesigned in the last year and most of the reviews I've found are of the older, lower cut model.

One last question about the SErpa, would the HFC M190 fit in it, it has the rail, thats the problem, The HFC M190 was going to be my new sidearm, and wanted to purchase the serpa holster for it.

Did you really need to necropost?

If you get the right model it will fit :rolleyes:

Wait, I think I have to throw down the BS flag on that play.  How could one shoot his own leg while the gun was in the holster?  The SERPA is offset a bit, so the barrel is literally sitting 3-4 inches out from the body.

I'll dig up the quote for you if you want.

Needless to say, you wouldn't be throwing the BS flag after seeing the picture of the hole in the guy's leg.

Archived