Safariland 6004 .45 Colt Govt.

element365

I bought a 1911 model for my hi-capa, didn't fit (Yeah, I know now a hi-capa isn't a 1911 model but someone told me it would fit...and yes, I maxed out it's adjustment screw). What's funny is that my teammate has a Sig w/M3/M6, and my Hi-Capa fits perfectly. He had a spare, so I bought it off him.

ah yeah, is the 1911 6004 designed for single stackers or both, i'm sure if you loosen the holster it would fit a double stacker

Ehhh I doubt on a Hi-capa though. The front ends of the High capa are extrodiarily wide for some reason. Much wider then anything equivelent (i.e. Infinity double stacker.)

Double stacking is basiclly just in the grip, not the front end.. but the high capa is... extremely wide.

No it wont, end of story. The hi capa is a double stack pistol, and the safariland holster is for single stack 1911's.

In the real steel world they're are two type of "1911" style pistol's

There is the 1911, a single stack design, and then there is the 2011 design, a double stack pistol that is more race pistol orientated. Notice it says the holster is for 1911 style pistols.

Thanks for the help. Cali, will the hi-cappa fit in the normal sig holster? You say it fits well on the one with taclite. That's surprising, since they are very different guns. Other than that, which 6004 holsters will actually fit the Hi-cappa? If none, then I might just wait until a Sig w/M3/M6 holster show up on ebay.

Thanks for the help. Cali, will the hi-cappa fit in the normal sig holster? You say it fits well on the one with taclite. That's surprising, since they are very different guns. Other than that, which 6004 holsters will actually fit the Hi-cappa? If none, then I might just wait until a Sig w/M3/M6 holster show up on ebay.

I have no idea, but possibly. The only guys on my team w/Safarilands only have ones w/M3's.

I really can't believe that Cali, got any pics of the gun in the holster??

YOU DOUBT ME, MORTAL??!!! J/k. I didn't believe it when my teammates told me, until I tried it myself. Unless something weird happened with the packaging, I saw a Sig & Hi-Capa swap holsters fine, including mine.

First pic: Hopefully you can see the part #'s/Descriptions, but if you can't:

LEFT - 6004-5621-121 - Springfield 5.00"BBL: Operator with LIght Rail, 1911-A1 Streamlight M-6 or M-3 BELT LOOP: HARNESS

RIGHT - 6004-77412-121 - Sig Sauer 4.41" BBL: P220R. P226R Wlt Insight Technology M3X or M6X Note: Holster will not retain weapon without the light attached BELT LOOP: HARNESS

PICT0487.jpg

This picture shows my Hi-Capa in my SIG HOLSTER, YES I'M ABSOLUTELY SURE I DIDN'T MIX THEM UP. :P I didn't even own the Sig one until I found out the 1911 one wouldn't work.

PICT0488.jpg

This shows as far as I can get it into the 1911 holster, even when fully adjusted for max expansion. Jiggling it around doesn't help. It seems the rail must ride lower on the Hi-Capa than a standard 1911 (i.e., the slid/frame is 'taller' on a Hi-Capa, if you know what I mean).

PICT0489.jpg

The Hi-Capa is the TM 5.1, not other brand or newer smaller one.

It's rather funny this thread came up. Just the other day I was thinking about starting a thread about the subject and asking for others to test to see what other pistol/Safariland models were interchangeable. I want to know what I can stick in my 1911 one. Besides a 1911, of course. :rolleyes:

This is really good information. I might just take a risk and buy a sig holster without the taclight for cheep on ebay. Everythink looks pretty similar on the two guns. I might need to do some dremeling though.

So, a USP .45 would fit in that holster too then, right? I don't want a cheap and tacky milspex bog-standard thigh holster, but i can't find many places here in HK selling Safariland/Kydex etc. holsters. I only saw one place selling a Safariland Sig holster.

Archived