Got my CA M15A4

Shao14

Finally, it's here! My new CA M15A4 Carbine. :) It is awesome. So far, I've been just looking at it without test firing it yet, but boy, is this a solid piece! :) The sights, foregrip, mag, stock are all as solid as rocks. :P The gun came with a plastic orange flashhider installed, but also provide a black metal flashhider. The flashhider was so tight (I suspect it was super super glued on) that I couldn't even unscrew it with a pair of pliers (and yes, I was unscrewing it the correct way), and in the end, I had to burn off the plastic flashhider. :P

Anyways, the foregrip seems to be a bit larger than the TM M733, and the fiber glass reinforced plastic looks and feels awesome. It's not as hard to opened as Arnie said in his review, but it was really tight, and it was large enough to house my 9.6v nun chuck battery in side with plenty plenty room left, but the battery is held tight around the barrel, and it does not rattle at all. My battery came with large type of connector, and I need an adaptor before I can test fire this baby. More updates coming once I get an adaptor.

The serial number on mine is 013968.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm No.011683!

Got mine on Saturday, although it had a dodgy mag that fell out at the slightest knock. One mag exchange later and all is well :P)

I agree with the solidity thing - you could hammer in a nail, or beat a gnu to death with it (just for you, Sledge :P). The finish is lovely too, and the foregrips are just so lovely to hold :D

I love the A4 Carbine too as there are just to many bits to fiddle with - bolt release, cocking handle, forward assist, removable carry handle, sliding stock, foregrips, flash-hider, fire selector...you can play with it for hours!

I've got a 3-point sling on mine though, and I'd recommend you get one - it's a heavy beast and I don't doubt it'll get really heavy after a day of skirmishing.

While were on serial numbers mines

I love my m15a4 carbine all it needs now is a RIS unit and a marui ris battery holder. i dont like the an/peq replicas there to big and bulky simplicity is key :) .

The cool thing about the rifle is you can stand it straight up on the buttstock and it will balance out perfectly, kinda cool.

I'm No.011683!

Got mine on Saturday, although it had a dodgy mag that fell out at the slightest knock. One mag exchange later and all is well :P)

I agree with the solidity thing - you could hammer in a nail, or beat a gnu to death with it (just for you, Sledge :P). The finish is lovely too, and the foregrips are just so lovely to hold :D

I love the A4 Carbine too as there are just to many bits to fiddle with - bolt release, cocking handle, forward assist, removable carry handle, sliding stock, foregrips, flash-hider, fire selector...you can play with it for hours!

I've got a 3-point sling on mine though, and I'd recommend you get one - it's a heavy beast and I don't doubt it'll get really heavy after a day of skirmishing.

I wish I knew my number. I still need to pick it up from Jungly Toy, who didn't upgrade it, but then I'll know.

Yes, the M15A4 has exquisite finish, and it is as solid as a rock. And after a day of skirmishing, with all the stuff on my gun, I can agree that the gun does get mighty hieavy. SAS 3-point tactical sling is the name of my best friend.

Yeah I found the balance thing last night, by pure luck :D

I was mighty impressed, I must say.

As far as accessories, I'll add an M20£ (likely a CA one when they come out, as it'll be designed to fit the one-piece outer barrel of the CA M15s), and possibly an Aimpoint replica.

KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid.

For now ive just got the GP aimpoint replica and sling on mine. When the guns completed it will have the RIS kit, hopefully a ACOG replica and a ICS qd silencer. The nice thing about the m15a4 is its stock fps is perfect for skirmishing theres no need in my mind to boost it up any more then it is.

lol atleast im good for something, glad i inspired you. Im not saying ill have all of those on at the same time. Most likely i wont get a ACOG unless someone sells one used for a good price. As for the RIS it will make mounting a forgrip and the aimpoint at the same time possible. The regular grips dont allow enough room to do all at the same time. Ill get new pics this weekend maybe with everything pulled together and the new paint job on my KJw m9.

Btw, when you said that you had to burn the orange flash hider off what do you mean by that?

Did you take a blowtorch and melt the sucker?  <_<

Yep, that's exactly what I did. :P No, just kidding. I would have done that had I had a blowtorch, I just turned on the stove in my kitchen, and heat the plastic flashhider to almost melting, and use a pair a plier to turn it, and finally, it turned, and I unscrewed it. The orange plastic flashhider is completely destroyed, but who cares? :P

Without any addons on my new m4, the weight doesn't seem to be a problem for me. My mp5a4 with all the stuff (flashlight, scope, extra mag with clamp) is almost as heavy if not heavier as the M4. :P I just plan to add a vertical forgrip and use the same aimpoint when I'm not using the aimpoint on the MP5. I may also get a flip up back sight. :) Does anyone know if the normal vertical forgrip would fit the CA M15A4?

One thing...

I see a lot of squaddies have an aimpoint bunged on their M4s. This is fitted to the top of the carry-handle.

Now, I notice a lot of airsofters remove the carry handle and bung the aimpoint straight on the receiver rail. Now, I guess this is just cos they're going for the SpecOps look but it's silly. All you can see through the aimpoint is the bl00dy front sight!

What's that all about?

One thing...

I see a lot of squaddies have an aimpoint bunged on their M4s. This is fitted to the top of the carry-handle.

Now, I notice a lot of airsofters remove the carry handle and bung the aimpoint straight on the receiver rail. Now, I guess this is just cos they're going for the SpecOps look but it's silly. All you can see through the aimpoint is the bl00dy front sight!

What's that all about?

If you use the proper scope mount, the front sight shouldn't interfere with the scope.

Real steel image:

lg_colt-lg.jpg

Scope rings, however, might be too low. I haven't tried yet.

One thing...

What's that all about?

Sometimes the sights are co-witnessed.

I have my aimpoint mounted on the reciver because if I mount it on the carryhandle it will be way to high and that would be even less of a use as I couldnt have seen anything at all.

Currently the front sight isnt obstructing anything major.. i can live with something that looks to be 1-2mm wide when looking trough the aimpoint.

You dont need to melt off the plastic flash hider... theres small grub screw your ment to undo before unscrewing it.

Also, i have my red dot mounted ON my M15A2's carry handle and its not too high, its just high enough to be able to use it while wearing a mask.

Archived