Special Airsoft Supplies - AVOID!

the_lurker

FELLOW AIRSOFTERS BE WARNED!

I met Mark the owner of Special Airsoft Supplies at the Detling Military Odyssey in August. I purchased a couple of items and was keen to find out the cost of a nomex SAS s10 respirator hood and also to see whether I could get a left handed drop leg holster.

The hoods were available, but I'd spent my money by then.

Mark informed me that if I contacted him, via his web site, I could order both items and pay for them via paypal etc.

As I'd been looking for these items for ages I was naturally please that I'd finally found a supplier.

I contacted Mark via e-mail and ordered a number of bits of kit. These included the nomex hood, the left handed drop leg holster and an mp5 mag pouch. Together with postage, this came to £91.

I paid using paypal on 25th September. Mark did inform me that the holster would need to be ordered specially and would not be shipped with the other items. I agreed that this was ok.

A few days passed and the hood and mag pouched arrived. So far so good...

I waited for almost a month before contacting Mark again. I tried ringing the telephone number on the site, and using e-mail. Eventually I got a reply saying the goods were not still not in. He apologised for being away and not answering my e-mails etc.

On the 9th November I found another supplier of lefties and e-mailed Mark asking him to cancel the remainder of my order and refund my money. No response.

I waited until the 23rd Nov and e-mailed again. By now I was fed up with waiting and asked for my money back again. No response.

I send a e-mail to him 7 days ago asking for return of my payment. I told him if this didn't occurred I'd be taking the matter further. No response.

This bloke has basically stolen £20 from me. It's not a mega amount of money, but it's still theft.

I tried to claim my money back from paypal, but ask I'd waited longer than a month before I tried to claim I was told "tough".

I am still looking for a leftie holster and wanted to inform all other Airsofters to boycott this rogue trader.

Any advice as to my next move?

Thanks

The Lurker

hmmmmm

Well this is interesting, as I ordered my FAMAS, mags, spray and gun bag all from mark and I didn't have a problem. I paid him the money, and I was kept well informed of where my order was, and he was very apologetic when he told me it ahd been impounded in customs for awhile. When I did recieve the FAMAS, 3 weeks after my order mark had been kind enough to pop in an 1800mah battery for free, as a way of saying sorry for the delay. I was told that the gun bag was very popular and was already on backorder, so I waited and 2 weeks later I got it sent to me by Royal Mail Special Delivery.

I was kept informed, and found the service to be fine. Although I agree that you are suffering unfair problems with your order, it is probably not because mark is a 'rogue trader'. All companies have problems sometime or another, yours is most likely to be an isolated one.

P.S. I am not affilated with, nor am I an employee of SAS. I am not a friend of mark either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I brought a g36c AEG and had a spring upgrade plus other things and the man was a saint .

I also was concerned about the posts i had read about SAS and talked with him about it before my purchase,

He told me about his problems and to keep my custom and show his trust he sent me the items with out my payment .

WOW you never see that happen , I payed as soon as it arrived "about 1 week after order"

The gun was perfect but the 328fps he promised was way wrong it was 380 after testing so i sent the gearbox back to him and he sent it straight back fixed and working with a glock mag to say sorry for the mess up.

A friend of mine also brought the same gun from him with the same fast and helpful service i received.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this the same guy who was in the sticky thread on Arnies pre-new forums? If so, the last thing I had heard is that he had had problems with the wife, and that the last few people he'd dealt with had given him A++ Feedback, unsure how up to date this is though.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the same guy who was in the sticky thread on Arnies pre-new forums? If so, the last thing I had heard is that he had had problems with the wife, and that the last few people he'd dealt with had given him A++ Feedback, unsure how up to date this is though.

Yes. This is the same guy who owes a lot of people a lot of money. Mr. Mark "excuse" Woolley. Do not believe a word he says. A con man. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think its only fair to inform people that this Mark bloke from special airsoft supplies just sourced me a TM M14 in Olive Drab a couple of weeks after its release for cheaper than anywhere else and posted it to me (via DHL next day) for free. He seems like a nice bloke.

I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate deals you other people may have got but mine was first class.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard, that's only heard, so I apologise for unsubstantiated posting here, but I remember him from days of yore on UKAN; he has troubles getting stuff out periodically but does amazing deals for a lot of people too: in a word - inconsistent.

Now the reasons for this are probably complicated and personal (and I remember hearing both types of reason on UKAN a couple of years ago, even) and basically that makes him unprofessional, however he will still apparently make good and go the extra mile for some people, depending on what he feels like, by all appearances.

You pays your money and you takes your chances, basically. It's seems it's much like buying from HK - you might get vat-stung or you might not, and you never know until you try. It's an individual gamble, basically.

• 3 months later...

I ordered a tanaka m700 aics and a tanaka kar 98k he didnt have them on his web site but he said that he could get them for me so i said yes (this was before i read all this) he gave me a discount because it was such an expencive order so i thought even better, this guys alright i like him so he sent me a e-mail with a pay pal pay button in it every thing seem to be fine paid that and then had nothing else to do but wait, and wait, and wait, and then wait a little longer and then some more waiting...... so i tried e-mailing him, waited a few days no reply then i noticed on his web site that he uses skype ho i thought i'd try him on that and wooooooooo i get through to him and even better HE HAS MY AICS!!!?!?!!?!?!!!? but he hasnt got the kar 98k even worse its Chinese and hes having problems finding out where it is and what happening so i though ok this isnt good but i can live with a bit of a delay 1 week later i start trying to get in contact with him and failing miserably. skype is a damn good idea but only if you let it change your status so that people actually know when you online or not online, but Mark (Special Airsoft Suplplies guy) always leaves it on away so you never know whether hes there and just ignoring you or hes actually not there. Any way i finally get in contact with him about a week after Chinese new year AND HE HAS EVERYTHING AND HE SAYS HES GONNA SHIP IT OUT THAT DAY (Monday)!!!!! But 2 days later i still havent recived it so i ring him up AND HE HASNT BLOODY SENT THEM but he said that he'll send then now, and finaly i get them on friday so happy it ridiculous but would have been more happy if it had all gone a bit more smothly. i ordered them on January the 20th and got them on Febuary the 20th.

Mark Woolley isnt a theif hes actually a nice guy who can do you some realy good deals if you talk to him, it can just be hard to get in contact with him some times and he isnt very good at keeping you updated with whats going on with your order. i would check if the things you want are instock before you buy (ring him up to check hes web site says eveything is in stock), if he says its instock i dont think that there would be a problem but if it isnt instock expect delays.

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a tanaka m700 aics with optics and mount off special airsoft supplies

just seconds before i read this and now i wish i haddent if any1 has any advice for me please tell me i paid over £460 for the gun and optics so i dont want lose it but i cant find anyother retailer in the uk that stocks them. :o

Keep in contact with him and keep reminding him. Hes a nice guy and will never knowingly rip a guy off.

Just keep in contact and cut him a little slack. Your gun is quite rare in the UK and it may take him a little time to source it.

Just keep in contact and get skype if he has it. keep trying him if you don't get him on it, or try phone and emails. Although don't bombard him.

oh ######s. I ordered a Sig Pro 2009 about 10 days ago. i emailed before and after ordering. He now says its stuck in customs. Does this mean my moeny has gone and its stuck in 'customs' forever?

oh bluddy hell, another load of stress to think about.

However, he did seem rather attentive and trusting on the emails...i supose all i can do is hope. :unsure::rolleyes:

oh ######s. I ordered a Sig Pro 2009 about 10 days ago. i emailed before and after ordering. He now says its stuck in customs. Does this mean my moeny has gone and its stuck in 'customs' forever?

oh bluddy hell, another load of stress to think about.

However, he did seem rather attentive and trusting on the emails...i supose all i can do is hope. :unsure:  :rolleyes:

no it just takes a bit of time to get out of customs i had the same trouble. i have got a number of ideas of mark and he has always been very good .

• 4 weeks later...

Archived