Hey there,

the other day I was getting quite a few mySQL errors, I'm assuming thats just a problem with IPB, and it seems like it's fixed now anyway, I couldn't actually post at the time due to the errors, but I just thought I'd report it just incase it sorted itself out and so the subject got left alone?

cheers

-Jay

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

the other day I was getting quite a few mySQL errors, I'm assuming thats just a problem with IPB, and it seems like it's fixed now anyway, I couldn't actually post at the time due to the errors, but I just thought I'd report it just incase it sorted itself out and so the subject got left alone?

cheers

-Jay

I've noticed that this last weekend.......when ever the server had more then 365 people on it, it started puking.......

Hiya.

The IPB forum engine is actually a PHP software program, but it reads and stores data in a mySQL database on-line. The faults you have experienced are a result of failures in the mySQL database rather than the IPB system.

Basically, the sheer popularity of this site at the moment is causing the server to just get overloaded at peak times. As the mySQL database is bearing the brunt of the activity, it is this part of the site that is slightly more prone to glitches and minor outages.

The situation is known about and the owners and operators of the site are looking at various options to increase the capacity of the server to serve the community. After all, providing this site to more than 30,000 different people each and every day (another user logs in every 3 seconds) is a task that not every web server can handle ;)

Hopefully a planned future upgrade can increase the reliability of the server at peak times. :)