SL8/G36C hybrid

NecronomicoN

So, I've been hitting the drawing board in MSPaint, trying to figure out how I want to do my next AEG. A friend of mine, Texx, told me about some drafts of G36 variants on Star's website, and came up with this idea which I added onto.

NecroSG36CProject.png

That's what I have in my head for this project. Since I will be playing airsoft in Southern California and most likely a desert environment, I opted for a tan paint job. What I want to know from some of the members on here is if I will encounter any fitting problems or such with the Star SL9 kit and the CA36C accessories. I'd just really appreciate any imput anyone has, as the G36 series is one that I only have limited experience with.

Thanks,

Necro

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy! You should do it!

There shouldn't be any problems. Some parts may be a tighter fit on a CA than on the Marui, but it should all work out peacefully.

I say go for it and if you run into trouble, just post about it and we'll help you out.

;)

sweet idea dude, but if it were me i would go with a longer front end, atleast a 36K, and turn into a sniper rifle.

aeg's make garbage sniper rifles

if you are lucky you may be able to find someone in your group that wants a long full G36 front end so you can split the STAR kit with him

if you are lucky ;)

Right im sure this gun is just absolute garbage.

AR15sniper.jpg

Tokyo Marui m4-s

G&P short midcaps

Prometheus max torque gear set

Area 1000 full cylinder (psg1+ length barrel to come)

Systema High Grade motor

Classic Army full stock

Wiring has been run to the back

9.6v large type battery with deans/ and matched cells (will be upgraded to 12v or 10.8 soon)

Polished bolt cover (no purpose except aesthetics)

King Arms 3.5-10x40 m3 scope w/ 90mm extender

King arms bipod w/ spring retract legs (bipod mount was drilled into the SIR by using just the nub from an m14 bipod mount kit)

King Arms pistol grip

Front ris grip (gunner config)

Guarder aimpoint w/ high mount (gunner config)

Hero Arms electric wind drum mag (gunner config)

Prometheus m120 (gunner config)

KM lightweight 245 silencer (will run longer barrel through this)

horrible pos....

you can dump as much money into an aeg as you want, but it wont equal an equal cost bolt action, ever :)

Tanaka K98 + tightbore + some custom modifications = engagement distance of 300+ feet, every time.

yes you can add lazers and rails and scopes and silencers and bells and whistles and undereffects and wicked bass to your aeg, but its still a pretty poor sniper rifle, the system just doesnt work that great at long range, the nozzle doesnt cycle long enough to make a perfect hopup seal, piston release is slightly inconsistant, ect.

instead of posting up some predictably riced up M4, get a gun, that you have personally used, and can hit a man sized target at 250-300ft range, on the first shot, at least 75% of the time, and you got yourself a sniper rifle.

Eh, I'm going to keep the front end of the SL9 kit, so I can convert it from assault to DMR use with the change of a barrel (I'm going to also buy a spare hop up unit and M16 inner barrel). Plus, spring changes are pretty simple.

I just like the look of it with the C front end more. I like to move around a lot when I play so a large, more cumbersome gun wouldn't do well for me (The SL-9 is HUGE. I've handled one). So, it fits my play style more ;).

Eh, I'm going to keep the front end of the SL9 kit, so I can convert it from assault to DMR use with the change of a barrel (I'm going to also buy a spare hop up unit and M16 inner barrel). Plus, spring changes are pretty simple.

I just like the look of it with the C front end more. I like to move around a lot when I play so a large, more cumbersome gun wouldn't do well for me (The SL-9 is HUGE. I've handled one). So, it fits my play style more ;).

Copy cat im during nearly exactly that. :P Ive heard that the CA G36 has trouble fitting the kit though as the dimensions are are slightly bigger compared to the TM. Anyone know this for sure?

Very nice design here, original and not that hard to do (or so I think)

Using a sniper stock doesn't mean you want to make a sniper gun, and having a good stock on a short gun is the best way to have a steady holding of the gun, and therefore an accurate, quick and efficient firing plateform.

You will have one hell of a time fitting the CA G36C body with the Star model. I just recently did it myself and it will require a lot of sanding and force screwing, but it can be done and I can guide you through it if you need.

Lots of sanding...

thats too wierd, because i JUST finished drawing up a pencil-sketch of this EXACT gun...I love the look of that SL8 stock, and I was curious how it would mesh with the g36C.....I think it looks awesome, I dont think I'd ever go through with the project, but its nice to know someone else out there thinks the same as me. Good paint-work too!

Archived