J style 9.6 in p90

pingpong

aite the search sucks.. or im jnot that great with it..

how do i do it?

i already tried using the arnies how to thing..

so far.. i cut down the back plate, clipped the buttstock plate, and removes the fuse..

no im just thinking how the heck do i stuff it in there?

i was close.. but it was a mm to high.. also my battery wire on the gearbox is 3inches long when fully sticking out of the gearbox..

help please?

THanks

nice

heres an update..

so far i got like 97% of the butt back plate in.. but it wont FULLY close..

hermm >=[

Have you dremeled out the horizontal strut at the "end of the tunnel" properly? Make sure you do it right into the corners, otherwise the pack will not fully slide into the gun. It will also help to use other connectors, preferably round ones where you connect each wire individually, saves you quite some space.

Also, the fusebox needs to be relocated to the right hand side of the gearbox or you decide to get rid of it (as i did). Could make some pics of my modified gearbox and internal wiring tomorrow if you like.

With all that modifications, I can literally let the 1700mAh battery back fall into the gun and it is rock solid inside and there are no problems getting the butt plate to close whatsoever.

man.. my batery is trouble.. ill try getting pics..

show ur pics btw =]

thanks

Yeah, probably if you show me some pics of your battery, we can figure out what the problem is. :)

My pics (about 500-600kb each):

Gearbox wiring right side

Gearbox wiring rear side

Gearbox wiring left side

Wiring to battery

Gearbox inside gun, note how wires fit in on the left side without problems

Gearbox inside gun, slightly other angle

Gearbox inside gun, battery connected

wires can be completely hidden in the left side of the gun

Watch how much space you get if you change the connector

Battery fitting perfectly into gun

So, that's all for now. The connectors used are 3mm gold-plated RC-car motor connectors. I had to make adapters for my charger, but it's not that hard.

The battery shown in the pictures is a Sanyo Cadnica 1700mAh J-Style procured from WGC. Has also been retrofitted with the said connectors by the means of a knife, soldering iron, shrinkwrap and a hot-air blower.

If you need anything else, let me know. :)

DSC02082.jpg

buttstock.. thats how far i can close it..

DSC02096.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

the wire + connector.. i tucked them on the side..

DSC02091.jpg

Connectd battery _ tucked wires n connector

DSC02089.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

i kepted thee remaining wires tucked in the middle.. since theres lots of extra space there.

DSC02084.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

thats what i got =/ still not all the way in.

iwould get mini dean connectors.. sicne i loved them on my xmod rc car which was bustin out 40 mph.. but ide have to switch everything to deans..

No no, the problem is the horizontal strut completely inside the gun:

That is how it looks before:

dremel_before_medium.jpg

Note the horizontal strut. That's the one you need to take down.

After modification:

dremel_after_medium.jpg

Make sure, you dremel it to a surface and that there are no remains left of the strut, especially in the corners!

Use a dremel with flexible shaft, it is possible to do it without having to split the gun. :)

man its soo hard sanding that part =[

i mean.. the dremel is at my moms shop place thingy.. so i had to improvise..

sand paper + Pencil + Tape = slow *albartroth* job..

took so long that i gave up...

Get yourself a cheapo dremel-imitation with a flex shaft. Got mine for about 20 bucks and I use it for every gun modification ever since. The quality is better than expected. I'm sure your local hardware store can help you with that.

If everything fails, take the empty body to the shop and let them do it for you. The nice thing about the P90 is, that once you strip it to pieces, nobody would expect it to be a gun. :D

If dremeling is not an option, us a long soldering iron. That plastic melts pretty easy, but just make sure you don't touch it for long, since chances are you sting a hole into the body (which at that very location inside the body would lead to the inability to change magazines properly).

The plastic chips can then be scratched out with a long screwdriver.

Archived