HFC M190 Special Edition

INTRODUCTION:

Well, here's a quick review for those looking at potentially purchasing the new black HFC M190 Special Edition Full Metal/Full-Auto GBB. There's already a full review on the standard (gun-metal grey) HFC M190 in the Reviews Database so I don't need to elaborate much on component details.

If you're familiar with game Resident Evil: Biohazard then you'll recognize this is a replica of the S.T.A.R.S. M92 Beretta - without the Capcom (S.T.A.R.S.) trademarks. Although, it would be nice to compare this with the TM Biohazard Beretta 92F "Samurai Edge" version (might be difficult to find nowadays).

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Basically, this Special Edition gun is identical in functionality and performance to the original standard version. Test firing this gun using Western Arms Magna 0.22g BBs the Semi and Full-Auto performance is no different that one would expect from an HFC M190...pure GBB bliss.

PROS:

- same great performance as standard grey version

- same hefty metal weight as original

- Resident Evil fans rejoice! a working full metal GBB! You don't want to ruin that nice collector's TM version in a skirmish do you?

CONS:

- black paint may be a bit shiny for some

- fake wood grips may not appeal to some

- mine seems prone to very slight barrel scratching on the bottom but at least it'll be easier to touch up with black paint (as opposed to those trying to find an exact paint match for the original gun-metal grey)

CONCLUSION:

Those who have and love the standard HFC M190 for its full metal weight and awesome GBB performance will not be disappointed. It's just a question of whether you like the 'new' black/wood look or you're an avid Resident Evil fan ready to add a top performing GBB to their collection that's skirmish-ready. Overall, a nice addition to the M190 family.

Here's some pics:

Left Profile

post-12288-1140844325_thumb.jpg

Right Profile

post-12288-1140844458_thumb.jpg

Partial Field-strip

post-12288-1140844492_thumb.jpg

Wood Grip

post-12288-1140844524_thumb.jpg

Serial No.

post-12288-1140844618_thumb.jpg

With Flash

post-12288-1140844743_thumb.jpg

post-12288-1140844765_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

E.T.

Nice review. I've been meaning to get an M9 replica, and from what I've read, the M190 is the one to get. I personally prefer the look of the Special Edition model as well as the price. :)

How does full auto on the M190 compare to full auto on a KSC/KWA Glock, kick and ROF -wise?

Nice review. I've been meaning to get an M9 replica, and from what I've read, the M190 is the one to get. I personally prefer the look of the Special Edition model as well as the price. :)

How does full auto on the M190 compare to full auto on a KSC/KWA Glock, kick and ROF -wise?

I've had a KSC Glock 18 with a metal slide (never did get to fire it before I installed the slide) and compared to the HFC M199 (The M190 is the semi-auto only version), the Glock kicks less and has a lower ROF...

However, the cooldown on the M199 is just...obscene. Far more than the Glock 18.

eviltinky, nice review on a awesome gun! :D

*Edit* clarity of wording...

Edited by JCYC5

First - thanks for the kind comments guys as this is my very first review. Unfortunately, I don't own a KSC/KWA Glock so I can't make any comparison (not yet anyways :) ). I have other GBB pistols - WE HiCapa 5.1M and Dragon which are also great but for some reason I prefer the performance and feel of the M190 gun more. Now, for Full-Auto ROF it's quick but not as much as my KWC Mini-Uzi GBB CO2. However, I just bought an M190 CO2 mag and despite that it's intended for the M190 CO2 version I'm soon gonna try it on my regular M190 just for fun! ^_^ Lastly, in terms of price/performance ratio you are getting a deal for a 107 (USD) gun at some HK shops - IMHO.

Cheers!

E.T.

Edited by eviltinky

Performs better than the Dragon you say? Hmm, that makes the M190 even more interesting since I was quite fond of my Dragon.

What's the difference between a CO2 and non CO2 version? IIRC, WE is speculated to be the same company as HFC, and the Dragons and Hicapas can take CO2 as well.

Performs better than the Dragon you say? Hmm, that makes the M190 even more interesting since I was quite fond of my Dragon.

What's the difference between a CO2 and non CO2 version? IIRC, WE is speculated to be the same company as HFC, and the Dragons and Hicapas can take CO2 as well.

Actually, I said I 'prefer' the M190 over the Dragon - subjectively speaking. To be fair, both my Silver Dragon and 5.1-M coupled with a CO2 mag are awesome (plus using green/propane gas = spray in the face :nosleep: ). I don't own the CO2 version but I would guess that it's internals are reinforced somewhat??? If anyone owns a CO2 M190 please advise. Anyways, I'll let people know if using the CO2 mag breaks my non-CO2 M190.

Cheers!

E.T.

Edited by eviltinky