Revolvers

Desolation mkII

Before anyone says it, yes I have searched.

Right my birthday is coming up and I want a second back up gun. I have decided to get a revolver. Now UK shops don't really seem to stock many revolvers so I have been looking on UNcompany (who I think are an honest company) but they are not really very detailed in their discriptions. Now I want a short revolver (as it is a third weapon I want it to be compact) and a relatively realistic ammo capacity, but I don't think I could afford a Tanaka Works revolver.

So if you will, I have a few questions.

What are the Marushin 8mm revolvers like. I am not looking for miracles here just something that will be a nice replacement to the Springer I have at the moment as my current back up. I notice they hold 5 shots which is the kind of thing I am looking for. However I have heard they are underpowered and can not take green gas, is this true?

So are they skirmishable for CQB. The specific ones I am looking at are the 2/3 inch police revolvers and the 4 inch Anacondas or the S&W M60 Chiefs.

I ask about these pistols as I could not find any reviews on a google search, or at least not of the Police revolvers. And a search turned nothing up.

I am also looking at the KWC colt pythons. But I have heard they are rubbish and unskirmishable.

So if anyone could give me any information (power? Range? etc) about these revolvers I would be gratefull and +1 you.

If there is allready a thread like this then I did not find it in a search and I am sorry.

Thankyou

-Desolation.

Edit. I skirmish about once a month and this is a back up for when my primary and secondry have gone, so lastability is not too much of an issue. (unless it will break in under 400 shots using 134a).

Before anyone says it, yes I have searched.

Right my birthday is coming up and I want a second back up gun. I have decided to get a revolver. Now UK shops don't really seem to stock many revolvers so I have been looking on UNcompany (who I think are an honest company) but they are not really very detailed in their discriptions. Now I want a short revolver (as it is a third weapon I want it to be compact) and a relatively realistic ammo capacity, but I don't think I could afford a Tanaka Works revolver.

So if you will, I have a few questions.

What are the Marushin 8mm revolvers like. I am not looking for miracles here just something that will be a nice replacement to the Springer I have at the moment as my current back up. I notice they hold 5 shots which is the kind of thing I am looking for. However I have heard they are underpowered and can not take green gas, is this true?

So are they skirmishable for CQB. The specific ones I am looking at are the 2/3  inch police revolvers and the 4 inch Anacondas or the S&W M60 Chiefs.

I ask about these pistols as I could not find any reviews on a google search, or at least not of the Police revolvers. And a search turned nothing up.

I am also looking at the KWC colt pythons. But I have heard they are rubbish and unskirmishable.

So if anyone could give me any information (power? Range? etc) about these revolvers I would be gratefull and +1 you.

If there is allready a thread like this then I did not find it in a search and I am sorry.

Thankyou

-Desolation.

Edit. I skirmish about once a month and this is a back up for when my primary and secondry have gone, so lastability is not too much of an issue. (unless it will break in under 400 shots using 134a).

Here's an extensive airsoft 'Revolvers' only webpage - nice pics, stats, etc. It helped me choose my first one - the Tanaka S&W M500 8in silver version.

http://64.124.25.51/revolvers.htm

Hope it helps...

Cheers!

E.T.

So are they skirmishable for CQB. The specific ones I am looking at are the 2/3  inch police revolvers and the 4 inch Anacondas or the S&W M60 Chiefs.

Since I am a large collector of Marushin handguns, I'll give you some tips. The Marushin 8mm gas shell revolvers will work only on HFC134. The 8mm are loaded on the tip of a 5~6 metal shells depending on the revolver type. In the terms of realism, the Marushin will do the job. It is also like a collector item, however when skirmishing with Marushin revolvers, make sure you have extra ammo or shells for the guns since it is based on real world ammo capacity. Power of the gun is not very effective, however due to the 8mm shots at close range, people will call their hits. If you were to modify some areas of the gun, you can possibly allow green gas to work. Currently, green gas will only damage a few internal parts of the gun. The guns you have mentioned are not that bad though. If you are also thinking of the COLT series from Marushin, I suggest you read some reviews on that gun since the internals are the same with the Constrictor and Unlimited revolvers. I would suggest the TALON or Super Blackhawk from Marushin. Simply, Marushin revolvers are very different compared to other companies and promotes realism to the user. In CQB, I have used many Marushin revolvers and they work well in CQB. I dual wield the Unlimited revolver, Contrictor, Super Blackhawk 10in. and so on. They will work well if you know how much BBs/shots you have left. If you are planning to buy one for CQB, I recommend a real speed loader for your gun so you can quickly change bullets in seconds. Another item is a drop leg magazine bag so you can ditch your spent shells in that bag. A holster for you gun and a holster for your speed loader. Reloading has never been fun you know!

When you want power, FPS, accuracy, and trend, the TANAKA revolver will suit you. The Tanaka revolvers holds Gas in the cylinder. The cylinder has mock bullets which allows for the 13BBs and gas to go in. Tanaka revolvers can take green gas. They are expensive, however you will have performance over realism. You reload the BBs with a small BB loading rod by inserting in the front of the cylinder to load the BBs. Tanaka revolvers are suited for games if you only care about power over function.

Another revolver made is the COLT PYTHON from Tokyo Marui. This revolver is not like the Tanaka, however it is similar. The cylinder holds 4BBs per round. So this makes a total of 24 shots. This revolver uses a very different system in which a small barrel will extend from the cylinder to the barrel so the BB can fire. It is not the best gun, however if you like Tokyo Marui, then the Python is for you.

The KSC revolvers are probably worse than the Marushins. You would not like the quality in their guns.

Simply saying the revolvers from these companies are ordered from best to worst.

Realism: Marushin, KSC, Tanaka, Tokyo Marui.

Skirmish: Tanaka, Marushin, Tokyo Marui, KSC.

I do know more companies than this that produce revolvers, however since those are the ones you asked, those are the ones listed. Hope it helps.

Tanaka are the best for revolvers imo. But be careful green gas in them sees them shooting at around 350fps so you will want to stick to 134a :P

This is the Smython, which you might want to consider:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...duct&id=SMY6TAN

It's a mongrel breed, made up of a colt python and a S&W

Other than that I'd pretty much pick which design you like (WGC have a good selection), they're all pretty much the same internally, if not identical.

Oh and Happy birthday - incase I miss it :P

Get a Tanaka if you can, is my advice.

Marushins aren't bad, but the 'realism' of shells soon wanes as the 'realism' of horribly expensive shells and constant reloads (even for plinkers) soon cuts in...

Aside from the lack of shells, Tanaka CRUSH Marushin in terms of realism, too (and Marushin similar crushes everyone else...).

Cheers.

The marushin ones are rather cool, most sensible one that I have for skirmishing would be the Super Redhawk because it is ridiculously light :D Bit offputting at first but definitely a plus when in a game.

Apparently the blackhawk will take green gas, but its single action so not a sensible choice in a skirmish.

Of the shorter ones then the smaller gas tank inside those smaller handles means your not gonna get a huge number of shots per fill, but with only 6 shots anyway its unlikely that you'll be carrying more than 3 spare sets of shell around, so 24 shots or less which would be about on the limit for gas consumption if I was to guess the capacity of those smaller gas tanks. As it is all 3 that I have (Constrictor, Blackhawk, Redhawk) get at least 40 shots from a full fill of gas even if one fires it as fast as one can go.

Dunno if Shinden covered that as I am too lazy and too `at work` to check his full post out (sorry dude :P )

I have to agree with Snowman here. Marushins are lovely to have to plink with, and spend hours looking at whilst loading and unloading the cylinder. Out in the field, you'll wish you had a Tanaka. More powerful, more ammo, and you don't lose shells. Can I suggest the Tanaka S&W M10? It's had some great reviews (Seth has one kicking around in Reader's Reviews somewhere), and was also one of the guns Indiana Jones used. ;)

:zorro:

Well, thats the thing. It isn't going to be a primary or even a secondary weapon. So it isn't going to spend much time being used at all. I will spend more time on the gun rack next to my computer table (probably regularly being taken off to play with whilst browsing Arnies :D.)

So as I evidently didn't make too clear. I am looking for a 'looker' that will be very rarely used in skirmishes and more for decoration and coolness.

Tanaka doesn't have removeable shells, just fake rear end of shells to look authentic. The Marushin revolvers have removable shells. I haven't tried a Marushin revolver but I think I'd still prefer not having to reload individual shells, Tanaka would probably be easier to reload in the field since you just squirt all the bb's into a single hole with your speedloader.

Desolation mkII Posted Today, 03:29 AM

Cheers. Thats all very helpfull. Especialy your post Shinden.

I think I will get a Marushin.

Thanks

-Desolation.

Thanks for your reply and rep! People have different views on airsoft revolvers or revolvers in general. As you said, you like something to rarely take skirmishing, but more of a collection. The Marushin fits you well with that statement. As far as Tanaka revolvers, the quality is good, however you do not have any removeable shells. I do use revolvers from Tokyo Marui, Marushin, Hartford, and Tanaka. This is why I do know what's more suited for you. Some of the Marushin revolvers comes in the black heavy weight model and Tanaka also released some black heavy weight models. When I play in CQB or woodland, I keep two Marushin revolvers on my belt, two speed loaders, two Tanaka revolvers, and two other GBB. In preferance, I honeslty enjoy using Marushin revolvers, but if I need to rush in, I use the Tanaka. Reloading the shells for the Marushin is like reloading a normal GBB magazine. It's only the Tanaka and Tokyo Marui which you need to reload BBs in a different way. Anyways, Marushins are my choice for being the hunter.

Shinden,

You're putting all your weight on the shells.

You can't seriously claim that Marushin revolvers will look as good on the gun stand next to his PC as a Tanaka.

The more I hear, the more I think he wants a Tanaka...

Reloading the shells for the Marushin is like reloading a normal GBB magazine.

I don't get this - If you had to load GBB magazines by dropping in one BB and then pushing it into place with a plunger, we'd all use springers! :)

Cheers.

snowman Posted Today, 11:53 PM

Shinden,

You're putting all your weight on the shells.

You can't seriously claim that Marushin revolvers will look as good on the gun stand next to his PC as a Tanaka.

The more I hear, the more I think he wants a Tanaka...

Reloading the shells for the Marushin is like reloading a normal GBB magazine.

I don't get this - If you had to load GBB magazines by dropping in one BB and then pushing it into place with a plunger, we'd all use springers!

Well Snowman,

It is true I can't put all my weight on just the shells or realism alone. It really depends on the person what he wants more, a Tanaka next to his PC or a Marushin. We can't really force him to buy a Marushin or a Tanaka, but rather give our best opinions with what we have and know. If he likes the Tanaka, it's fine with me since I love both guns from Marushin and Tanaka.

When I said reloading shells are like reloading a magazine of a GBB, I mean that in real world, you would be actually reloading your gun by taking out the magazine clip or shells. I want to simply say that it is more realistic. The Tanaka and Marui revolvers makes you load the BBs from the front of the gun which is not as realistic and is like the small CO2 air pellet guns at Walmart that has no magazine and you load the pellets by opening a mock slide with a small revolver cap in it. Comparing this airsoft, reloading a magazine is better in reality than inserting BBs directly in a non-realistic way. I do want to make sure you know I reload my Tanaka's in combat as well as the Marushin revolvers. So this all comes down to preference and how you use it. Tanaka' are excellent combat revolvers for skirmishes and Marushins are decent realistic guns, of which I prefer both. When I shoot real revolvers, I wouldn't prefer loading my shells into my S&W500 from the front of the cylinder, but rather insert them with a speed loader at the back of the cylinder. I do the same for Marushins, I use a speed loader to rapidly change shells and dump the empty ones in a leg bag.

Then again, we all love six shooters no matter how they function. Pegasus or shell function, it really doesn't matter. It goes down to how effective you use it and how well you like the functions of the gun as a revolver. ;)

Well Snowman,

It is true I can't put all my weight on just the shells or realism alone. It really depends on the person what he wants more, a Tanaka next to his PC or a Marushin. We can't really force him to buy a Marushin or a Tanaka, but rather give our best opinions with what we have and know. If he likes the Tanaka, it's fine with me since I love both guns from Marushin and Tanaka.

Indeed - Neither's a bad choice.

When I said reloading shells are like reloading a magazine of a GBB...

Ah. Got ya now! Yes, it's certainly true that shell loading is the BIG advantage Marushins have, but it's a short term pleasure, for me, anyway and soon becomes tiresome.

Then again, we all love six shooters no matter how they function. Pegasus or shell function, it really doesn't matter. It goes down to how effective you use it and how well you like the functions of the gun as a revolver.  ;)

That's true, too...

Cheers.

Again cheers for the help guys. You seem to be very passionate about revolvers :)

Tanaka doesn't have removeable shells, just fake rear end of shells to look authentic.  The Marushin revolvers have removable shells.  I haven't tried a Marushin revolver but I think I'd still prefer not having to reload individual shells, Tanaka would probably be easier to reload in the field since you just squirt all the bb's into a single hole with your speedloader.

Yea but as I said I am going for realism over practicality (to an extent).

If, by 'realism' you mean must have shells, Marushin will win, but realism can be applied to more than just having shells or not.

Don't get me wrong, Marushin's revolvers are pretty good, just Tanakas are much better :)

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the Tanaka M500, and the reloading system is not so irrealistic. You have to put BBs one by one (but there's a reserve too) in the cylinder...only from the front holes instead of from the back. Realistic enough for me! We're talking about gas pistols, and I think that a gas gun has to be the best for what it have to do, shot BBs with gas, and Tanaka is the best for this. For example, I don't like blowback, because I don't understand why I should use gas that I pay and that I really need on the field for an action that a gas gun doesn't need. For realism? Where is the realism when you don't see shells coming out? Ok, enough Off-Topic, sorry :rolleyes:

Archived