Toystar SR-16 Review

Hi guys, here is my review of the Toystar SR-16 Stoner Rifle from the old forum. I hope you like it.

First, some background information. Toystar guns are considered one of the top lines of springers. They are made in Korea which has a low fps limit, but modelmarts sells the upgraded models which perform amazingly. I am pretty sure www.modelmarts.com is the only retailer. They are overseas, but they respond quick to emails and ship quickly. I received my SR-16 in 6 days and it arrived in perfect condition. I highly recommend them. Now for the review:

Looks: 10

The gun is undoubtedly one of the best looking rifles out there. The finish is very nice and it looks very realistic. The orange tip and OD green grips aren't too appealing to me, but that's nothing a can of flat black paint won't fix. It is just an amazing looking gun and I bet other owners can back me up on this one.

Feel: 9.5

There is a a lott of metal on this gun, mostly of it is in the front. The magazine, receiver, stock, and handle are the only plastic parts. Those components are made out of abs plastic and seem very sturdy. The gun is slightly front heavy since the stock is hollow, but you can add weights if you want. Nearly everyone who holds this gun is impressed with the feel.

Quality: 9.5

The quality is top notch on this gun. There is very little wobble at all on it, the handle is sturdy, full metal trigger/ris rail/charging handle, etc. I have just a few minor complaints. The dust shield, front pin, and magazine are made from plastic. I would have liked these components to be metal also. No big deal though, they function and look great.

Durabilty: 9

The gun is very sturdy and can take a lot of abuse. A fall onto concrete probably wouldn't break anything. I do have some concerns about the internals though. It was originally a weak gun becuase of the restrictions in Korea. Model Marts upgrades them to shoot 290-350fps. However, It has held up great so far, and other owners have reported no problems. I checked out the internals and they are very high quality. The return spring was a little too stiff, but no big deal.

Power: 10

This has to be one of the most powerful stock guns. It pierces right through 2 sides of a coke can. Judging by the poor man's chrono, I'd say it is 290-350fps. Modelmarts says it is 330fps which seems about right. I am using excel .20g btw. Some people have tried .25 and even .12g with good results.

Accuracy: 10

The only gun I have seen with better accuracy is a VSR-10. I can pick off cans at 90ft with no problem. I am still adjusting my sights and hop up, but I can consistently hit a man sized target from 140ft. The bb's start to drop at about 175ft.

ROF: 7.5

The rof on isn't this gun's strong point. About the same as all armalites. The charging handle is located behind the sights. I can fire off 2 accurate shots in 3 seconds. I used a CA M15A4 and it was faster with the pump handle, but I felt like I was going to break it. The charging handle on this gun is very sturdy. Although it is a little hard to pull, it is smooth. I can charge using just 2 fingers off of either hand.

Skrimishabilty: 9.5

This gun is very skirmishable. It is great for mid range and you can snipe easily too. My friends have UHC MP5's, UTG shotguns, some LPEGS, and a few other decent springers. This gun owns all of them. The only time I find myself in trouble is in close quarters combat. The rof on the Lpegs takes over under 15ft. No way I'd take some cheap lpeg over my SR-16 though. My friends are also hesistant to come in close now becuase this gun hurts a lot. It will easily cut you from under 20ft.

Overall: 9.5

Toystar really has a master piece here. I'd definately buy another one of their guns. Its hands down one of the best springers available. IF you are looking for a great gun for around $120, this is it. I'd give it a 10, but there are a few thing that could be improved on. Also, for you hardcore buffs, there isn't much to upgrade on this gun. I really don't care because it is near perfect already.

Let me know what you think of the review. Here are some pics from Modelmarts

sr16_00.jpg

sr16_07.jpg

sr16_01.jpg

sr16_05.jpg