Where have all the shotguns gone?

Crazy_Harry

hmm.

Been gearing up towards the pleasures of shtguns again, after a depressingly lengthy period without a single airsoft piece in the house due to Homeland Insecurity's farce of an immigration process resulting in three months magically turning into 13 months before I finally got the swine to deliver my green card to the right address.

BUT WAIT! horror of horrors, all the gas shotguns seem to have vanished from all the HK stores! no m500s, no m870s, just spring nonsenses and the tanaka trench gun (I'm sure its beautiful, but not for what I've in mind, oh no...)

So, does anyone from HK or Japan know if marushin or maruzen are even planning to re-release these guns, or if gas shotguns have finally died the airsoft death?

anyone selling an m500, btw, please PM me :)

Apparently Maruzen stopped making the M870 full stock when they released the M1100 Defender III, which is sold out almost everywhere as well. It's not clear wether it was limited or they just have to get another shipment out...

I'm really surprised at them not even having the M870 full stock out, it seemed like any model of the gas M870 was popular with people and not just in the west.

This has also puzzled me for a while. It seems as if everyone wants a shell ejecting M870 in some sort of configeration. It would make sense for Maruzen to re-release them. I know I would buy one.

Order them to see if they are in stock first though ;)

I've been eyeing the M1100 wood version just for that `Platoon` vibe, but I suspect they are out of stock, especially considering the price...

Edit: Harry; get an M500 Mariner from GnG. They should still be in stock and they are just, well, amazingly fantastically incredible.

some of the HK retailers still have 1100's in wood. They are rare, but they're definitely still available if you look hard.... (theyre available because theyre so damn expensive, be warned)

I love shotguns , and I really miss the 870. I never thought that they would go out of production when I sold mine on. I had every intention of purchasing another when I had the funds....... :(

yeah, the m1100s are nice, but dagnammit, I want somethng I can pump! (oo-er)

I used to own an m870, but then sold it on after I managed to destroy the seals after converting it to CO2. would dearly love another one at some point just to do the conversion properly- Co2 and 5 .12g in the shells = the most fun you can have in airsoft without taking off your clothes :D

But my main concern is the lack of m500s out there- had finally made up my mind, regardless of cost, to build the much-vaunted-but-never-attempted billy-cannon with an m15a2 rifle and the black m500.

but, as always, as soon as I decide to go for it, the bloody things vanish from the shelves.

the TM springers are good fun- have owned both spas12 w/stock and the super 90, but I just like the more civvy look of the m870 and the m500. I'f Maruzen had made the CA870 capable of firing three bbs at once, i'd get one and stick a folding stock on it, but 1 bb per shot just seems to defeat the purpose of shotguns :(

the mariner is a serious contender though- if I can save up the spondoolies before they, too, vanish into the ether, I'll get one and stick a real-steel folding stock and pistol grip on it and chop the barrel to get that perfect pimp-tastic shotty.

hey-ho though, will just have to wait and see what the coming month brings in terms of finances and opportunities. I just think its sad that Maruzen have pretty much abandoned the m870 range- sure, they're low-powered (though by no means terrible if you use light-weight bbs), but they're just so much fun its untrue. And I don't doubt for a second that if they re-released their full range with pistol grips and folding stocks, they'd sell like hot-cakes.

And I suppose if all else fails, I'll get a spas and Wallace it onto a g36 rifle- not quite my cup of tea, but it'd be suitably brutal looking :)

Which shotguns shoot multiple BBs?

I know the TM ones have three seperate barrells and shoot three at a time (although they don't scatter much), and that the Maruzen CA870 shoots one at a time (can you pump it multiple times to chamber that many BBs?). But other than that, my shotgun knowledge is quite small. And I really, really love shotties, although shooting 1 BB at a time defeats their purpose.

Do these shotguns you are talking about with shells shoot that many BBs? Because that would be quite awesome :D

Maruzen "Shell hoppers" fire multiple shots per shell (anywhere up to 10) while the Marushin M500 series blast 3 out of one internal barrel.

Hmm... if getting a gas shottie is going to become this difficult, looks like i'll have to scupper my plans to make a shell hopping, semi auto SPAS 12 shotgun... Bugger!

Archived