Mechanical Full Auto Removal, TM M14

Wupjak

To remove the full auto function, all you'll need to do is to follow this excellent disassembly guide as provided by quicksilver and leave out one part in the reassembly. Here is quicksilver's guide to disassembling the TM M14:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...m14+disassembly

Reassemble the gun without the U-shaped plastic selector bracket:

mini-IMG_1064.jpg

This will leave the rifle in a perpetual state of semi automatic fire as is required at some fields for Designated Marksman/Sniper duty for AEGs. Should you change roles or no longer require the restriction of semi automatic fire, reinstall the part and you're back where you started.

I looked around briefly for this information elsewhere and wasn't able to find it and figured I'd add the how-to to the knowledge base around here.

No. When you flip the selector to full auto, the lever pushes forward and pivots the bit you're talking about forward, keeping the trigger disconnector from uh, disconnecting. :)

BTW folks, I photographed the bracket/part/whatever upside down and backwards. The near side pictured actually sits on the left side of the gun and the U shape on the far side is like a U when it's in place straddling the selector, not as it's shown.

Hm, just leave the "smaller" part of these two in place and only remove the L-shaped one and the tiny screw. With this consturction is it way more easier to reactivate the fullaouto when needed ;) The l-shaped one is re-integrated to the gearbox within 2 minutes without removing the whole gearbox ;) When needed I can make a short guide with pictures :)

That's also doable, yup, but it's not that big a time saver. Either way, you have to remove (or loosen and fiddle with) the four screws holding the bracket in place on the side of the gearbox to get the lever out from under the bracket.

Also, the pictured part is sort of flimsy and unsupported, much more so I'd imagine if you leave half of it in there. If you disassemble your gun much, it'd be easy to catch half of the bracket on the upper rear lip of the stock and break it off.

Do it whichever way you like, either way will accomplish the task. Boba's way keeps you from having to remove and replace the selector 'switch,' which takes about a minute. :)

Here are photos of what I'm talking about:

Remove the gun from the stock and lay the action on its left side. Remove the small screw at the rear of the plastic selector lever shown here just to the left of the receiver:

mini-IMG_1067.jpg

Flip the gun so you're looking at the right side of the gearbox:

mini-IMG_1066.jpg

Remove the phillips screw at top-right. Then loosen the other three phillips screws so that you can work the selector lever out of its position behind the top-right screw:

mini-IMG_1069.jpg

Replace and tighten the phillips screws and flip the gun again so you're looking at the right side of the receiver/gearbox:

mini-IMG_1067.jpg

Now, all you need to do is to remove the selector switch, pop the remaining bit of plastic selector lever off and replace the selector switch. Careful, there's a little spring just below the selector switch. It won't shoot out, but be mindful that it's there.

That's it. Congratulations.

*SIGH*

Edit capability has timed out...again.

I added some highlighted circles to identify the screws that need to be removed. 

Mods, would you kindly replace the first photo of the mechbox with the following:

mini-IMG_1000.jpg

I found this out the hard way. When I was putting my M14 into the real fiberglass stock I broke the U bracket that you guys are talking about. I could have told you about 2 months ago how to remove the full auto function :) I since have managed to fix it with a boat load of super glue and a small metal strip which is now permanently allowing me full auto again :)

Archived