Ultimate Anti Creek Mod (Famas) & Sight Mod

Kingcodez

I think I misspelled Creek. :P

Oh well.

What you need is:

No not tape.

RUBBER CEMENT!

A Razor blade (Or something sharp that's thin. Maybe a playing card or something)

A Philips Screw Driver

A TV and something good to watch.

I think that's it.

Now the problem I had with tape is it's too slippery. Tape resting against Plastic still does not create enough friction to stop squeaks. I thought about adding more tape, and different kinda of tape (Grip Tape, Masking ect.) Then I thought about Trojans, and that lead me to thinking about Rubber, which then lead my ADD induced mind to Rubber Cement.

The thing to remember about this mod is to basically cover any plastic part that touches any other plastic part with Rubber Cement. This eliminates squeaking on the Grip, Carryhandle-Body (Above the trigger), Butt Stock Cap- Butt Stock, Butt Stock- Plastic near Gear box, Grip- Body, Fire Selector- Butt Stock, and a few other places.

Now for the foregrip you'll want a few coats. Just stick it on (Not too thick it takes longer to dry) Where ever you thought about putting tape put cement there.

And the foregrip: Put cement on and and all parts that come in contact with the body. Don't forget the parts that touch the trigger unit on the inside.

For the Carry Handle, take it off and coat the areas in red with cement. Sorry for the bad pic I can't find my Doge Cam.

area.jpg

Also on the Grip, Coat the inside, and the part that touches the body, and the little nub on the body. Give it about 2 coats.

There are a few more places, (Fire Selector if a big one, and the area that the Front of the Fore Grip hooks on to) just test for squeaks and cover the area in Cement.

Conclusion:

This eliminates pretty much all creaking. I first did this mod on my Famas G2, and I just did it on my F1 (That was pretty creaky) And since your using Rubber Cement if you get some where it shouldn't be just rub it off. Also when your finished, look over the gun and take off any excess cement.

Sight Mod

Stuff needed: Front "Night" site.

Rotary Cutting tool with Circular small bit (I'd say the size is 4-5mm)

Instructions.

See the indented circle in the Front site. Drill through that make make it nice and neat.

Your finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Kin...AS/Image009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Kin...AS/Image008.jpg

Now you can't move the site Left and Right, but it works pretty good for Close-Mid Range. And it makes your gun look cooler, and helps people like me who can't figure out how to use the sights, use the sights.

I'm going to write up a STANAG modification later today or tomorrow and I'll be sure to take some good, quality photos that aren't dark.

If you liked my thing then feel free to +1 me :)

If you need anyhelp then PM/ post here.

Well, you can get a local shop to CNC an aluminum foregrip- I'm getting a guy to do that for me. Looking at his other work, he's amazing- and has 16 satisfied customers, that's just at Airsoft Canada. I'm sure there should be a machine-shop somewhere near where you live, at least- a FA-MAS with metal parts would be amazing, albeit unrealistic.

Well I might ask my Shop teacher wether something out of metal can be made (He has a few kids doing Indep. Study using a CAD program.

At the least I'm going to ask him how to Remove the metal in the Scope mount to create a see through one. (I think I need a Drill PRess)

But a Full Metal Mas would be pretty tight. Maby one with Famas G2 Trades (I finally made mine (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/Kingcodez/FAMAS/FamasG2white.jpg) I'm going to take more pics today/tommarow.)

I hope this dosen't double post. I posted a response but it didn't show up because the server messed up.

158492.400x671.jpeg

Here's a pic.

Now I don't know where to get in Denmark but in the US it can be found at any school supply store/Major Retail Chain. Supermarket. Also it can be had on Ebay I think and internet stores.

Archived