• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're excess BDUs made for some SF US Army guys currently deployed in Iraq. Can't comment much beyond that for the time being. I will say they're not made by Crye. They are made using real issue US Army Universal Camo (i.e. not chinese made) and the quality is better than my real Gen 1 Multicam BDUs. Yes... they're that good.

So basically custom made jobs for that unit then?

That may change in the very near future. Mine are samples.

wonder if its possible to make a set our of ur standard issue ACUs and some Crye knee pads?

You know, that is very possible! I know a few guys over in the multicam thread have taken regular Multicam BDUs and had a tailor modify them to hold combat pads. No reason why you can't do the same with your ACUs. I'd recommend putting some kind of elastic inside the pants behind the knee area just like how it's done on Combat BDUs. That will allow you to cinch the knee tighter and help keep the pads in place.

F-ing A, very nice Corps. I LIKE.

Thanks! :D

corps is that a real deal Crye chassis or is it one of those kustom made ones?

I have two of these chassis in ACU. They're not cheap... but then again it's made by a real tactical gear manufacturer here in the US (not foreign made!) and is made using real Army issue Universal Camo. Also it's a direct copy off a real Chassis. It's releasable just like the real thing and comes fully assembled. Only two have ever been made in ACU and I have both. No more are ever going to be made again. Each Chassis has one ACU Deltoid protector (not shown in the pics) as featured in the Future Force Warrior program and Ghost Recon: AW 2, and is supposed to be worn on the shooter's weak shoulder to protect from oncoming fire.

It features the Gen 1.5/2 stock locks. Basically, it's the same vest as the ones made for this Army Future Force Warrior video. There is no ballistic protection in the vest, but replica front and back plates are included and were copied directly from real plates. Also, the soft armor inserts are replaced with closed cell foam of the same thickness as the real armor inserts. This gives the vest the exact same look and feel as a real Crye vest. If you prop it up, it's not going to collapse in on itself like some cheap P.O.S. knock off. This is made by a real gear manufacturer to be beyond mil-spec and to hold up just as a real one would in the field. The inside of the vest has removable pads made in Foliage Green material. That's an awesome touch.

The vest comes fully assembled and ready to wear right out of the box. It's pretty sick.

howd i catch this just now

I must say, that literally is pure sex. You should take more close of pictures of the gear for us to drool on

LOL... Thanks. I'll try and take some better pics. What's really funny is that my garage doors are exactly the same as the dude from MilitaryMorons.com. I should just take some pics of me in my gear in front of my garage and replicate all those photos of his. :lol:;)

Here's some pics of the BDUs (bear in mind these were just excess samples I was given. I normally wear a Large Combat Shirt and the ACU one in the pics below is a Medium. Yes, I know it's supposed to be tight... but not quite that tight!!!! :blush: And yes... I need to get back in the Gym).

acucombatbdus01lc6.jpgacucombatbdus02dp0.jpgacucombatbdus03ng8.jpgacucombatbdus04kc8.jpg

BTW, the IR blood type on right shoulder isn't actually pink... IR patches just photograph like that sometimes.

p.s. The SF guys are loving these BTW. They're not at all impressed with the new Army issue ACU Combat shirt with the huge Army logo on the chest. Although there is a growing number of SF Army guys at Fort Bragg actually getting issued Tru Spec Multicam BDUs, this one particular Army SF group aren't allowed to wear anything but Army Universal Camo. So they're super excited about getting something that falls within the parameters of their ACU gear restrictions. ;)

Edited by uscmCorps
LOL... Thanks. I'll try and take some better pics. What's really funny is that my garage doors are exactly the same as the dude from MilitaryMorons.com. I should just take some pics of me in my gear in front of my garage and replicate all those photos of his. :lol:;)

this one particular Army SF group aren't allowed to wear anything but Army Universal Camo. So they're super excited about getting something that falls within the parameters of their ACU gear restrictions. ;)

You probably are militarymoron himself...heh (whatever, that probably isn't likely)

and this particular SF group, could they be OMG DELTA!!11!!!!!1111337 or something or other? :P

You have any Pics of SF in multicam, i am just having a little trouble believing it. But i could be wrong ;)

Hey I'm right there with you on that. It's hard to believe. I heard it from a US Army Ranger buddy of mine. Rangers are a tight knit group and he said that his buddies at Fort Bragg had been issued the stuff. He's never lied to me before, and I'm just relaying the info. Who knows.

You probably are militarymoron himself...heh (whatever, that probably isn't likely)

LOL... I take that as a huge compliment! Thanks. ;)

Edited by uscmCorps
Alright, can you tell us what group it is that gets multicam? I would love to know.

Uhhhh... US Army Rangers at Fort Bragg is all I know. If you're dead set on not believing it, you're more than welcome to disregard this as mis-information. I'm just relaying what I heard.

Uhhhh... US Army Rangers at Fort Bragg is all I know. If you're dead set on not believing it, you're more than welcome to disregard this as mis-information. I'm just relaying what I heard.

Umm what Rangers are stationed at Fort Bragg? As far as I understand it the 1st Ranger bat is stationed at Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield, 2nd Bat is Fort lewis, and 3rd Bat is at Fort Benning?

Taken from the Fort Bragg homepage

"Fort Bragg is known as the "Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces." Fort Bragg is the home for the XVIII Airborne Corps and the 82nd Airborne Division. The US Army Special Operations Command and the US Army Parachute Team (the Golden Knights) also call Fort Bragg home"

The information you were given sounds a little fishy to me

Edited by 79TransAm