New MP7 options.

Shinden

Great news for TM MP7 owners. Tokyo Marui is releasing a Hi-cap Magazine for the MP7 and a Prolight terminal adapter.

New MP7 hi-cap magazine holds 190 BBs. It is the long magazine style and I believe it is made of plastic. It has the same manual wind-up system as all other Hi-caps. It sells for ¥3990 with tax.

Another new part for the MP7 is the prolight terminal adapter. It's a battery with a connector to add the prolight, directly feeding power through the battery. This let's you shoot atleast 4000~4500 BBs. So with the light on, you can shoot atleast 4000BBs and with no light you can shoot 4500 BBs. No price on it yet.

Shinden

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys want to know some other MP7 news, UNICORN made a OD color of the MP7 for ¥33,000.

Nineball made a "Hard piston plus" which is a glass fiber piston for ¥3000. They also made an "Air seal cylinder" for ¥1600, a 182mm barrel for ¥3800, and a bungee sling for ¥2200. It's gonna be released around April.

Hey Crandall! Thanks for the rep and no problem about the pics! Hell I need to buy those options!

Crandall Posted Today, 04:31 PM

(HaVoC @ Mar 26 2006, 10:00 PM)

Who the hell is going to use a plastic hi-cap for what is literally a pistol?

Me.

Me too, I need hi-caps for this!

For Bob the Angry Potato:

The Unicorn MP7A1 is a custom OD colored body. So it's in some type of Olive Drab, but as for pics, they don't show the OD as much and looks like a normal MP7A1. The actual thing has OD finish on the body. Nothing major, unless you want to have some different looking MP7 on the feild. lol

Oh here's some more things for people who needs a holster!

EAST.A made a MP7A1 leg holster in Black. It's called the "No,127 BK". It has two leg straps and two thumb break straps above behind the pistol grip and one in front of it. Sells for a whopping ¥11,550. If you want thier number it's 03-3611-1848 (Japan). Looks awesome you know! I'm sure there will be some cheap alternatives to this though...

Or...

You can buy LAYLAX's "Tactical Holster 3way Modular type" holster for the MP7. It's another leg holster modeled after the Ghost Gear. Now the cool thing is that it can be positioned on the leg, waist, and the back. Also it has a magazine pouch all for ¥7,140. Color is navy/dark blue.

I hope Star can make one eventually, however at the moment, it's ludicrous if the gun can shoot over 1000 BBs or 4000 with the battery and changing a 50 round magazine everytime. You need to have a hi-cap for this gun instead of a 50 round magazine if you are serious about skirmishing with the MP7.

In other news, Echigoya released an adapter peice "Power Plus Unit" to allow a mini 8.4 battery to work with the gun. It's a small unit to replace the 7.4 battery connector with a standard plug type to connect the mini 8.4 battery. You need to change the fuse to 15amps to make it work with the gun. ¥3,800 will get you one.

I have to agree with the comment about needing to a wind a 190 round hicap being 'silly'.

It really can't be hard to put a simply mid-cap mechanism into something as big as the MP7 mag (especially an extended one) and it would be more reliable, too.

Cheers.

It really can't be hard to put a simply mid-cap mechanism into something as big as the MP7 mag (especially an extended one) and it would be more reliable, too.

It can be this hard ;) A standard lowcap has the BBs right in one line. The most Midcaps are using a two rowed system. So the TM M16 VN Lowcap and the TM MP7 mag are in fact midcaps...and you can not modify a midcap into a midcap ;)

wow. i though a midcap was going to use a non-winding system, leaf wspring or something.

dammn.

I'm just startewd my own MP7 "HI-Cap" mag system, using a Uzi 220rd & 420rd Thompson Hi-cap magazine, both with winding mechs too.

I guess i can't consider them Hi-cap anymore. Ultra-caps, oh yay. :rolleyes:

Nice to see some other bits on there way out for us MP7 owners. Out of that list i would initially have said yay to the pro light adapter and high cap mag. A nice big battery boost like that is excellent, anyone want to buy my two normal sized batts ? hehe.

Those mags are a dissapointment though, the combo of plastic and needing to wind them is ######. I would be happier if they were only around the capacity of most other mid caps (say 100) with a double stack system rather than naff clockwork winding bs. Oh well, i think they look ugly with the long mags anyway, but being as they are i think thats sealed the choice to say no in getting any.

I hope Star can make one eventually, however at the moment, it's ludicrous if the gun can shoot over 1000 BBs or 4000 with the battery and changing a 50 round magazine everytime. You need to have a hi-cap for this gun instead of a 50 round magazine if you are serious about skirmishing with the MP7.

In other news, Echigoya released an adapter peice "Power Plus Unit" to allow a mini 8.4 battery to work with the gun. It's a small unit to replace the 7.4 battery connector with a standard plug type to connect the mini 8.4 battery. You need to change the fuse to 15amps to make it work with the gun. ¥3,800 will get you one.

Any more pics for the adaptar or the 3 way holster??

Archived