KJW M700TD & some lack of consistency?

llanga

Hi everybody.

First of all, my appologies for introducing myself with a help-wanter topic... but I have been following this forum from sum time ago, although I have not participated yet.

I recently purchased a KJ Work M700 Take Down Model, with 3 KJW Magazines (11 bb's), sum green gas and 0.43 bb's.

I havent tested it in open-range yet, but I noticed after shooting less than a full mag of bb's (whichever is it's weight, 0.2, 0.43) balls starts to loose power. It decrease until the point the balls just falls down from the barrel. I tried with 3 magazines.

I can't measure FPS, sorry. I have nothing to do with.

I have read that could be an KJW Mag issue, which is designed in a different way of tanaka's.... more than hopup problems. So here we go:

- Can I use TW Mag with KJWorks? are they compatible? I read in WGC review they are not interchangeable, but I also found several people who says THEY ARE :blink: . Please, any1 who HAVE TESTED IT, can clear this thing up? would be the best way to avoid this lack of consistency.

- Can I do somthing to avoid the problem, or just minimize it? If I can just shoot one mag with the proper FPS for every BB (11) I would just feel easy.

- Any advise about Gas? using Green Gas for summer. Also tried HFC.

thanks to all in advance... this problem is driving me nuts :wide-eyed:

How long do you fill the mag?

What temperature it is where you are filling and shooting?

What hopup setting do you have ?

thanks for answer, bjorn.

How long do you fill the mag?

about 3 secs

What temperature it is where you are filling and shooting?

I'm from Spain, lets say about 20ºC degree +- 5º C (70º Farenheit +-7º)

What hopup setting do you have ?

Don't know how to answer it... just set it in order to get BB's the most straight I can... any advise?

Yep. It is most likely that. 3 secs is the minimum for a little GBB mag. As i believe the M700 mag can hold a lot more of gas. Try something like 7 secs or so. If the gas starts bursting out after 5 secs or so then stop filling and it should be full. If not then it should be safe to fill it even 10 secs or more ( wuth green gas).

With 132a i can not give exact measurements but about the same or a little more time to fill.

Conclusion: fill it for 7-10 secs and shoot it again. I am almost 100% confident you will get better results and shoot at least 1 mag full of bb-s per on fill of green gas.

Cheers

Gas wont come because they have gaskets in them. clean your barrel it is probally dirty from the previous owner. And the m700's from kjw are very consistant no matter what you do too them. ( i own one)

cheers m8, but I dont hope so :waggle: ... Im the first owner ;) and I havent used it yet in "battle"....

Exacly. But still - even if you buy a brand new from the shop there is very often some dirt and stuff in the inner barrel. Since its a gas one i suggest cleaning the inner barrel very often - say after every other skirmish or so. BTW those 0.43g metal coated bb-s will start messing with the hopup after some time. You see the coating slowly comes off and gets on the hopup rubber thus you wont get a very stabile hopup. I would really suggest using some Maruzen super gransmasters 0.29g or the Marui new 0.30g bb-s.

Exacly. But still - even if you buy a brand new from the shop there is very often some dirt and stuff in the inner barrel. Since its a gas one i suggest cleaning the inner barrel very often - say after every other skirmish or so. BTW those 0.43g metal coated bb-s will start messing with the hopup after some time. You see the coating slowly comes off and gets on the hopup rubber thus you wont get a very stabile hopup. I would really suggest using some Maruzen super gransmasters 0.29g or the Marui new 0.30g bb-s.

mm interesting tip about bb's, didn't know that hopup point 'bout 0.43g (i got 2 bags), thanks for the advise. BTW, I will clean barrel mate.

I have the Tanaka version :) yeah those mags take a fair amount of gas, enough to push out ~50 rounds, though you want to start thinking about recharging them after ~20 depending on what you have the power-control set to. Are you firing it on full-power?

As for the mags: I've read in several places that they are compatible. I'm going to be buying a KJW 10round mag soon so I'll know for sure then :D Aparrently the Tanaka and KJW versions are practically identical.

Also watchout, I bought the silencer adaptor for the M700 series but the barrel on the take-down version is of a smaller diameter, the $%£#ing thing won't fit.

hey catman,

I do fire at full power, actually I removed the orange regulator and stored it close my hearth :rolleyes:

This sunday I will be testing my KJW at the battlefield I will inform you after the skirmish... more if you thing I will calibrate scope & hopup then... at 40 - 50 mts I think... or not. Which range would you recomend me to do so?

btw,

As for the mags: I've read in several places that they are compatible. I'm going to be buying a KJW 10round mag soon so I'll know for sure then :D Aparrently the Tanaka and KJW versions are practically identical.

Also watchout, I bought the silencer adaptor for the M700 series but the barrel on the take-down version is of a smaller diameter, the $%£#ing thing won't fit.

be carefully mate, I read it they are compatible, but I send emails to WCG Shop & Guns 'n Guys and I was told they are NOT, because are different fit... lets say I trust in their oppinions, this is their jobs ;) but if you insist on purchasing a KJW Mag, please, let me know if you can use it with your Tanaka...

Ahh, the power control system on the Tanaka is a screw-bolt thing, running it on green gas/propane kicks out about 600fps which is way too hot for most places. So I've got mine "dialed" down on working off 134a to be within acceptable limits.

I honestly haven't tried mine on full-power with 0.43g rounds but yeah zero'ing in for 40/50m range should do you just fine :)

I'll get the mag and if it doesn't fit, I'm sure I can flog it :D

mmm any1 has tried that one?:

Airsoft Canada

for if you cannot read it, I copy the text. Was posted by nocturnal - Sulfuric_t2:

"...recently i was experimenting with my KJ m700 and i discovered something that I was wondering if someone could verify for me. I took my bolt apart completely and removed the little allen screw that is in the rear hammer thing, and then tightend the spring in the front all the way down, then put the allen screw back. After doing so, the gun chronos 630fps consitently with .2g bb's. The gas i used was propane, but i checked it also with green gas and it was the same. It used to chrono around 500fps before doing this. I then tried the same thing but adjusted it the opposite way and was able to drastically reduce power (This could be useful for people with a low field limit). If someone else could test this and verify it, i would appriciate it. I think it would be a good piece of info for all kj m700 owners, or future owners." - Sulfuric_t2, Airsoft Retreat Forums

::Instructions::

- Take out your bolt as the manual shows.

- Flip it over and you will see two small screws (flat head).

- Remove these and the front part of the bolt will remove (part with the nossle on it).

- Next located the small allen screw on the bottom of the hammer (in back of bolt on bottom).

- Loosen the allen or even take it all the way out (just ot be safe so no pressure on the rod).

- Next you will see a rod sticking out the front of the bolt where the piece with the nossle came off. There is a sloted head on this rod. turn it clock wise untill it stops. This is the maximum power position (for me 560fps).

- Now if you turn it counter clockwise, it will decrease the power. I found that no more than 2 full turns should be done (at this position gun shoots 280ish and if you go more, the gun will not fire anymore for lack of spring tension). When pick where you want it to be, put the allen screw back in and make sure its snug, then reassemble the bolt the way you took it apart. Put back in gun and have fun. Oh yeah, make sure that all the parts in there have some oil on them and move freely.

There you have it, this should make it possible for you to make it under whatever field limit you may have in your area. For me i tune it to shoot just a little under 400 with propane and green gas. Just make sure before you chrono at your field of choice, fire the gun maybe twice before chronoing because on the gas sniper rifles, the first shot or two may have a higher fps than the bulk of your shots. Hope this works for all you as well as it worked for me.

*Instructions by Sulfuric_t2*

seems to be such an easy way to regulate definitively power in M700... I might try it up tonight, so I would like to know if any1 of you has made it b4... ^_^

me again ;)

I have regulated the bolt as it written in post I copied before... and cleaned the inner barrel (thanks Adam & bjorn). Results have been just amazing, although I can't measure 'em.

I tested it just inhouse but balls now are fired noticeably straighter & with more power... I will be testing it at the field (as I said) in a few days, so I will let you know about accuracy & stability.

thank you all for your patience.

greetings!

Archived