MP7A1 Tokyo Marui Hi Caps Are Here!

FarEast

Yesterday saw the release of the new Tokyo Marui High capacity magazines for the MP7A1.

These are of good quality and as you can see really complete the weapon in my opinion!!!!

The out casing is constructed in two parts, the top half is that of the original low capacity magazine that the MP7A1 comes standard with while the botton half is a high quality ABS plastic. It has a 190 round capacity that really allows you to use this weapon on the skirmish field.

p1010057medium9jr.jpg

p1010058medium1vg.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other parts come from a company called Nine Ball and these parts are available for all AEP and AESMG's as many of the parts will fit the Glock 18c M93R and the MP7A1.

First off is the high precision barrel with an inner diameter of 6.03mm

barrel6qd.jpg

Also available is a full metal spring guide to replace the stock plastic one, I found that by adding the washer from the original spring guide will increase the FPS by by a small fraction.

There is also the most important part, the spring. This has no rating of power marked on it but you can expect on average some good results from this spring allowing you to actually use the MP7A1 in a woodland enviroment.

springpistonhead9rs.jpg

Lastly you have the Piston head and bearings these are of excellent quality and just by replacing the bearings you will notice a big difference in the sound and feel of the weapon.

bearingspistonhead5jo.jpg

Your MP7 sounds like it's going to be mean after upgrades.

Doing the upgrades yourself?

Please show us what you find on the inside (spam us with pictures, we love your pictures!) and an overview of how easy/difficult upgrades are.

Chrono reports after upgrade, along with an estimate of battery life vs rounds fired would also be highly appreciated!

Nice to see a nineball sping, i'd definitely be interested in results of any fps increase it may provide :) . Im still no closer to liking the long mags in the MP7, they still look nasty in my opinion, despite their practicality over the 50 rounders.

I know it's a lot to ask for, but could you possibly do a guide on how to install the parts? I'm a little scared to open up my MP7 with out something guiding me on what to do. Also, could any other aftermarket inner barrel be used in it, and then be concealed in a silencer? Also, where to buy the stuff?

Something to make it feed and fire properly would be nice.

Mine (and I'm not alone here, apparently) frequently gets a maximum range of, what, 10ft? And I mean MAXIMUM. A few shots on automatic usually sorts it out (mostly, sort of... :huh:) and it'll fire straight until you change mags.

Well except I stopped at the gearbox as I didn't have anything to put in it.

That'll change after someone tells me what FPS I'll get off that spring or I buy one anyway.

Yay for long mags BTW, I'll probably buy one eventually as I like to have at least one hicap around for each of my guns. I'd rather have long standard mags though, hopefully Star delivers soon.

Something to make it feed and fire properly would be nice.

Mine (and I'm not alone here, apparently) frequently gets a maximum range of, what, 10ft? And I mean MAXIMUM. A few shots on automatic usually sorts it out (mostly, sort of... :huh:) and it'll fire straight until you change mags.

Sounds like a problem with the Hop-Up unit or the Airnozel unit, did you strip the gun down at all? The air nozel design in my opinion is weak and im hoping someone releases a higher quality version. Also there has been problems with a batch of magazines being of very very poor quality which could also be the problem.

But my main line of thought is that its the hop-up unit.

Nice, 290 odd fps is a lot more reasonable. Does that decrease the rate of fire by any noticable amount ?

not really, what it does do is make it sound alot nicer than the AEP pop sound.... now it has a little meaty "thack"

the problem with guide guys is that i have already done it and forgot to take pics..... I can re-do it from the point of putting the new peices in but removal of the old as i no longer have them.

so where can all these parts be bought?  most places have just some of them but not others.

All mine where purchased at the GEKISHIN show here in Tokyo, where you would source them I have no idea....... I live in Japan and get 90% of my kit here the rest from HK

how much of the tm hicap can you fire off on a single wind?

Urbanus guarder make a mp5 mag pouch thats adjustable for depth for the smaller mp5 mags so getting a pouch shouldn't be too much trouble.

i'm guessing the mp7 mags will be about the same size tho maybe about an inch shorter at most.

I've been looking around and have not found them all in one place yet either. Hopefully that changes soon, I want to get my hands on those upgrade parts! Especially since the cells I need for my custom battery should be back in stock soon.

where are you planning on putting the battery? I'm also thinking of making a custom battery and logistics of where to put all the cells are proving to be difficult.

And here is a picture comparing the MP5 and MP7 magazines and them in a SAS Drop-leg pouch.

p1010060medium7nz.jpg

As you can see they fit no problems.

Archived