Troy MRF rail system

mobius9

I searched the forums to see if anyone had attached a troy mrf series front end to an aeg before, and I believe I read that it would not fit without filing a couple of anti rotational nubs. I got kinda confused because it was being cross referenced with the lewis machine mrp... anyways, is there anyone on here who can confirm, or better yet give me some measurements for the area in question? I'd appreciate it.

I'm not positive on this one and I'm not certain that anyone has tried it, but maybe if you got the Guarder delta ring for real handguards you wouldn't have to modify it at all. I've got the GG&G foregrip and it installs in a similar fashion. What I had to do was sand down the delta ring until it was a similar diameter to the real steel delta ring and remove the notches on the sides of the delta ring, and finally jam the rail system onto the delta ring. This method was a huge pain in the butt, so if you could avoid it, I would. Either way, my rail system is totally solid. But like I said, it's the GG&G and there might be slight differences.

~Tyler

Um, for the troy MRF you WILL have to use a delta ring. The CA delta rings do not fit onto the rail units.

I had to use a real steel delta ring in order to get the rail to mount onto my m15.

Even after it was mounted i decided to scrap the project since for starters, the anti rotational tabs wouldnt fit into the indexed recesses on the airsoft reciever. I could have filed the reciever but at that point in time i realized putting a 250 dollar free float rail system on an airsoft gun was rather useless. :)

Also, if you're using an m15 body, keep in mind that the 12 o'clock rail on the MRF will be about 2mm's lower than the weaver rail on the upper reciever. I couldnt stand the way this looked so again, this was another reason why i scrapped the project all together.

Here are some pictures from last year if you're interested in seeing what the mrf looks like on an airsoft gun.

picture0028zk.jpg

I also had my MRF on my M15 for a bit, I ran into the same problems as mentioned above. You can read about my project here. I decided I will go through with the project, but I'll be getting a new body in order to to do it properly. It's on hold for now.

Some highlight photos:

DSCN0006.sized.jpg

DSCN0035.sized.jpg

Oh BTW, there's no delta ring, but there is a barrel nut.

He said MRF dude, Monolithic Rail Platform. Upper and frontend in one piece, so their is no delta ring.

Look at what you wrote again. MRF. Monolithic Rail Platform? F=P? Anyway it's actually Modular Rail Forend

thanks for the replies guys, +1s. is there any body which this might fit better on, or will they all have that ugly height mismatch and the problem with the tabs? I was just about to pay for the old DTP SR-15, but maby now I'll consider otherwise.

Any body you get will be too wide, you'll need to file to get the tabs to fit. However CA bodies are the only ones that will have the height issues as far as I know.

Myself, I'm going to use a Guarder new generation body. They have nice finish, a wide selection of markings to choose from, and killer features and they're only around $150.

Archived