about Marui's AK47S gearbox & a little piece

llanga

hi there,

nice to read you all again. This time my inquiry is about Marui's AK47S.

The thing is I opened it's Gearbox the other day, in order to mount 1J Systema Spring + Systema Metal Piston Head + metal bullshings, as my idea was to reach 325 FPS.

I did, actually, and before mounting gearbox in AEG body, I tried it (I mean, just making some shoots in Single & Automatic mode, to check out if everything fit as must do). And I after some shots in automatic mode, a little golden thingy + a spring WERE SHOOT AWAY through the Nozzle :blink: , here you got this:

piezachunga.JPG

Havent seen it before, but what is true is this is the first gearbox I open, so I can be defined as "A LOUSY NOOB" in this kind of matters.

After it, I noticed that when I shoot in single shoot mode, it shoots, but the trigger just gets stuck in fire position, and I have to push it forward with my finger to make it get start position. If I use it in Automatic Fire Mode it shoots as usual, no problem with trigger.

So I check it again, and when I use trigger with no battery, it DOES work fine, I mean, it gets start position with no problem.

Anyone can gimme a hand? Is this little piece the reason of the trigger issue? or it's a piece from other part of my AEG... I really don't know where it fits, and if it has something to do with the trigger.

thanks in advance.

PS: be aware of this just got shot through the nozzle, with no problems... I though something like this must have got stuck with the gears, if it would have proceed from trigger mechanism... :o

I've never seen this part in any version gearbox, perhaps it came from the stock folding mechanism. It certainly could be the detent pin from the front of the front sight, but it isn't the origional part. Perhaps a replacement.

The trigger problem could be a broken trigger return spring or the small spring on top of the trigger switch block, either requires you to strip the gearbox down.

hi there,

nice to read you all again. This time my inquiry is about Marui's AK47S.

The thing is I opened it's Gearbox the other day, in order to mount 1J Systema Spring + Systema Metal Piston Head + metal bullshings, as my idea was to reach 325 FPS.

I did, actually, and before mounting gearbox in AEG body, I tried it (I mean, just making some shoots in Single & Automatic mode, to check out if everything fit as must do). And I after some shots in automatic mode, a little golden thingy + a spring WERE SHOOT AWAY through the Nozzle :blink: , here you got this:

Havent seen it before, but what is true is this is the first gearbox I open, so I can be defined as "A LOUSY NOOB" in this kind of matters.

After it, I noticed that when I shoot in single shoot mode, it shoots, but the trigger just gets stuck in fire position, and I have to push it forward with my finger to make it get start position. If I use it in Automatic Fire Mode it shoots as usual, no problem with trigger.

So I check it again, and when I use trigger with no battery, it DOES work fine, I mean, it gets start position with no problem.

Anyone can gimme a hand? Is this little piece the reason of the trigger issue? or it's a piece from other part of my AEG... I really don't know where it fits, and if it has something to do with the trigger.

thanks in advance.

PS: be aware of this just got shot through the nozzle, with no problems... I though something like this must have got stuck with the gears, if it would have proceed from trigger mechanism... :o

ok that peice isnt from a V3 gearbox.

the trigger problem you are describing is the same one i had. when you pulled your gearbox apart did the trigger fall out? it sounds like the trigger spring has been put back in with the peice that goes on the trigger infront of the trigger rather than in the middle of the 2 pins that slot into the gearbox shell.

its a real *badgeress* to get the trigger back in with the spring in the right place but with a little pratice and a small screw driver it shouldnt be too much of a problem

thank you very much. I was getting nuts with the small piece, guess it must be from front sight (as spb said).

about trigger issue,

ok that peice isnt from a V3 gearbox.

the trigger problem you are describing is the same one i had. when you pulled your gearbox apart did the trigger fall out? it sounds like the trigger spring has been put back in with the peice that goes on the trigger infront of the trigger rather than in the middle of the 2 pins that slot into the gearbox shell.

its a real *badgeress* to get the trigger back in with the spring in the right place but with a little pratice and a small screw driver it shouldnt be too much of a problem

Cool mate, you might have found the problem. When I open the gearbox it just falls, so must be a spring matter. I'll be checking ir out and let you know.

cheers again.

well, here we go again.

Tried changing springs in trigger, and placing mechanism in some ways, but the result was the same: It's still get stucks in single fire mode.

In fact, now it doesnt fire just a single ball in single fire mode, I mean no matter you set fire selector, it will shoot in automatic. The only difference is placing it in single shot, trigger just gets stucks.

must have something to do with this piece, (I AM NOT SURE):

38-dondeengranalariedadelpiston.jpg

or maybe is the Selector Plate?

gd_pt_ge0715.jpg

the fact is when i use it without battery, i got no problems with trigger. Also, if I just take away Sector Gear:

tm-sector-gear.jpg

It DOES NOT get stuck back...

Any more clues? I don't know wich can be the problem... :flamed:

thnks!

PS: btw, do you know any shop (European, EEUU or Asian, don't mind) where I can find spare pieces for marui AK?

The trigger problem is because the trigger spring is mis-seated..

I'm pretty sure it's not. My friends AK47S has the same problem. It's a brand new gun and I've upgraded it for him with a full Systema tune up kit.

When we tried it after the build, it did the same thing. On semi the trigger stays back when you let go, on full auto it returns properly, as it does if you disconnect the battery and pull the trigger in semi.

The trigger spring is set correctly, it's the first thing I checked.

It has to be related to the semi cut-off lever (the first pic in post #8) as it's the only internal gearbox part that moves when you swap between semi and auto modes.

I also fitted a non-Marui g/box shell so it may be something linked to that.

I'll not get a chance to strip it until the weekend but I'll post the cure as soon as I've found it.

Behind the trigger block (the part with the tiny spring) is a small pillar cast into the gearbox left hand side. This is to stop the trigger disengaging with the trigger block. Has yours broken off? You should see a very small rough area on the gearbox casing where it broke off.

It has to be related to the semi cut-off lever (the first pic in post #8) as it's the only internal gearbox part that moves when you swap between semi and auto modes.

I also fitted a non-Marui g/box shell so it may be something linked to that.

I'll not get a chance to strip it until the weekend but I'll post the cure as soon as I've found it.

I Agree. PLease, let us know if you manage to fix it ;)

That sping and brass peice is out of the aks folding stock.  I just took mine apart yesterday and had 2 of tose identical peice.  Its what locks in the butt of the folding stock.  THere is one on both sides.

oh really? cheers shroomalistic, at least, we cleared a thing XD

PD: Tom I'm pretty sure this is ok, but I will cheking it up as soon as I have some spare time.

I also have to open it up to upgrade it with Guarder Full tune kit + 100 spring. How many FPS you think I will reach with this spring? wouldnt like to get more than 350

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to stripping my mate's AK down again (to downgrade it for Town Assault II this weekend).

I thought I'd found the problem :) , it looked like the sector gear was too close to the cut-off lever (i.e. just touching) so I shimmed it out a bit (0.2mm).

It's still the same <_<

The cut-off lever moves freely, so it's not that it's seized/stiff.

I'll take it apart again later...

Watch this space :Zzz:

Weird and not likely reason but i hit that trigger sticks in semi works fine in auto behaviour once on an AK i picked up secondhand

was a mangled plastic cover (the one that shields the exposed area of the sector gear) It was loose and slightly twisted. Straightening it back out to more or less the right shape made no difference either as there was still a little kink in it by that stage

I swapped it out for another one and trigger functioned fine afer that

If it was something like that it would affect auto too.

Anyway, I've fixed it (sort of).

Took it apart again and held the gearbox together by hand, leaving the spring, piston, cylinder, head and tappet out.

Turned the gears by hand to see what was going on with the cut-off lever/trigger mechanism. I know what the cut-off does, I've just never watched it up-close to see the actual workings.

When you fire in semi, the secondary part of the trigger (the small part to the rear, which is operated by the trigger itself) pushes the switch contact forward (to electrically join the main switch contacts) to make the circuit.

When the cam on the back of the sector gear 'trips' the cut-off, the cut-off lever forward end pushes up on the bottom of the switch contact body, lifting it clear of the secondary part of the trigger and a small spring pulls the switch contact away from the main switch contacts, breaking the circuit.

The first thing I tried was to file a very small amount off the cut-off lever where the switch contact part runs over it 'cos it looked like it could be stopping it moving freely...didn't work <_<

Then I thought that the secondary trigger part was maybe not sliding smoothly back when you released the trigger, because of the way the switch contact body pushes down on top of it after being released (by the cut-off lever)...still with me? :D

Anyway, I smoothed the top of the pushing piece down a tiny bit, no joy <_<

Then I sat and looked at it again, and decided that maybe if the return spring for the switch contact was a bit weaker it wouldn't put so much downwards force on the returning trigger secondary part.

So I stretched it ever-so-slightly...Bingo :D

The trigger now returns in semi...however (remember the "(sort of)" back at the second line?) it now frequently fires a 2-shot burst in semi. We'll have to live with that for Town Assault II this weekend, maybe it'll settle down and behave itself... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Then I thought that the secondary trigger part was maybe not sliding smoothly back when you released the trigger, because of the way the switch contact body pushes down on top of it after being released (by the cut-off lever)...still with me? biggrin.gif

Anyway, I smoothed the top of the pushing piece down a tiny bit, no joy dry.gif

Then I sat and looked at it again, and decided that maybe if the return spring for the switch contact was a bit weaker it wouldn't put so much downwards force on the returning trigger secondary part.

So I stretched it ever-so-slightly...Bingo biggrin.gif

The trigger now returns in semi...however (remember the "(sort of)" back at the second line?) it now frequently fires a 2-shot burst in semi. We'll have to live with that for Town Assault II this weekend, maybe it'll settle down and behave itself...

mmm hi again,

thanks a lot mate. I have to check this out with the gearbox stripped... will let ya now.

cheers

well, i finally fixed the problem (by end!)

was such a stupid issue... but you know, this kind of little problems you can face several times and don't get 'em untill someone says "hey mate, I don't know but why dont ya..."

lol in my case was just a matter of the trigger spring! this one:

45-muelledelgatillo2.jpg

was just miss-settled! I mounted it in the proper way, and singleshot is working with no problems.

cheers all.

Archived