New AEGs from SRC

Fodder

Yo Guys,

Is this news? (someone feel free to correct me if it's been posted before)

I just had a glimpse of a Taiwan Airsoft Magazine and in there there was an ad by SRC with their new line - another whole whack of AKs!

What's interesting is that they will be selling the AKS74U, as well as the RPK! There were about 8 variations of the AK projected to be coming out (at least one of them was a folding stock variant). A couple were shown, but others were just outlines (I assume this is to say that they will/are making it, but it's not close to release).

I'm sorry I don't have photos of the magazine, and SRC [sun Rainbow] as far as I can tell has no website. I'll see if I can get a photo in the near future.

-- JUST in case you thought we didn't have enough AKs already! -- =)

Al.

you mean from www.stti.com.tw like this

GE-0601TMA.jpg

http://www.stti.com.tw/home/GE-0601TMA.jpg

and this:

news5.gif

http://www.stti.com.tw/home/news5.gif

and this:

GE-0602TM.jpg

http://www.stti.com.tw/home/GE-0602TM.jpg

pfff.. old news..

I think that the "G" word would gain a lot of people's attention though. Should I have posted this info a while ago?

> you mean from www.stti.com.tw like this

That seems to hit the mark. Even lists the Galil (which I remember now from the ad)

> I think that the "G" word would gain a lot of people's attention though. Should I

> have posted this info a while ago?

So is STTI a store then? Because I swear it was SRC that was making them... why they have "GE" model numbers I ain't a clue ;)

Al.

> you mean from www.stti.com.tw  like this

That seems to hit the mark. Even lists the Galil (which I remember now from the ad)

> I think that the "G" word would gain a lot of people's attention though.  Should I

> have posted this info a while ago?

So is STTI a store then? Because I swear it was SRC that was making them... why they have "GE" model numbers I ain't a clue ;)

Al.

STTI and SRC are the same, apperntly.

More a distributor I imagine. I thought I had the actual SRC info somewhere on this PC..saved.. (doh. I have soo much stuff saved.)

I mean. if you have a look through their pistol lists, you will see a lot of HFC and KJW stuff..

Wellll we kinda figured you would be in here Sledge, and it needed something 'subtle' to get you to notice it :P

truthfullly? I cannot remember how to link and reduce the image size as well, as I would have done that instead as yeah, I know, the forum frames got rooted. Sigh.

That wood furniture looks awfull.

Not sure if you're just commenting on the pic, but I saw it in the store yesterday - real close-up like...

... I think most of us pinch loafs that look more like wood, to be honest =) It has that 'puddy brown' color.

But SRC also will be selling wood furniture (of course separate)... heaps of little bits to convert guns from one type to the other too.. looks quite promising!

Here's the magazine pic! Excuse the flash, as I only have a non-zoom Sony Useries digicam and Sony flashes are bloody bright!

SRC_AKs.sized.jpg

BTW, this is page one of a two page ad. The second is a listing of the little bits they sell for aks. I didn't scan it because you probably couldn't read it - 60 different items (metal receivers, grips, flash hiders, selector levers, yadda yadda). If someone really wants it, I can scan it (though it'll be big).

Cheers,

Al.

I've said it once, I'll say it again...MMMMM RPK... MMMMMM Galil =)

yeh is why i was thinking better to opt for the galil/aksu as first releases in the series people are going to be more forgiving if they get something unique for their dough than they would of a gun with three or four alternative manufacturers puting same model out already

in case of galil in particular most folks probably wouldnt care if the internals were awful (if so they'd probably just buy it anyway and treat it as a kit with some free bits inside to hold it together)

stevie

Well, the first two are the AK47 and AK47C... pricing at about 1600 HKD in the store (about $200USD, likely a little more from online stores). Comparably, a Marui AK/AKS is about $1300, and my ICS AK74M was $1900... so they are not the cheapest, but I guess you're paying for the full metal (certainly NOT the shyte fake wood!)

I suspect they started with those two because they are the easiest to "copy", so to speak. SRC looks to basically be taking all of the kits and just finding a way to mass produce them as actual guns. So the first two are directly borrowed from TM, while others need guarder kits... then they have to copy and stamp the steel and wood bits from Guarder, G&G, etc. To get it right that no doubt takes time.

The cool part is that SRC will become like KingArms - another source of all the little parts to convert your TM AK or others to whatever variant you want. Buying a Cyma AK as a base to start with will be even more tempting (especially with its better fake wood furniture!)

Al.

Archived