CAW M14 E2 stock.

DieGuitarre

See, the key here is my lack of money. But if I did I would do just that, spend all that money just to paint it.

You know for 414 bucks I'd certainly hope that they would have at least included the E2 bipod that goes with it, guess that shows how wrong I am! Full Unraped M14 > E2 > EBR > STAR

Welcome to the world of quality airsoft parts.

Erm... welcome to Airsoft in general? I'd really like the explanation of people buying the Mauri M4 and slapping a real Aimpoint or EoTech on it... kinda insulting to the part dontcha think? W/out the Bipod this stock is not really worth it as the Bipod is part of the E2 setup, and its not a Haris either!

Anyone with basic woodworking skills can produce this...its DEFINITELY not worth its price tag.

Depending on what the metal parts are it might be some real steel stuff on it which is hard to obtain. The wood working isnt necessarily as Easy as you make it sound. The stock has to be a specific dimmension or the entire project is foobar. I worked on a firberglass stock a while back and found that a standard M14 stock is too thin in the rifle grip area to house the motor. It required signifigant bondoing to even make it worth while. I would assume crafting a wood stock from hand would be very difficult w/out a very thurough knowledge of wood working.

I would assume crafting a wood stock from hand would be very difficult w/out a very thurough knowledge of wood working.

It is not a problem to make the stock, particularily the grip area a bit more "beefy". A large amount of M14 stocks by the designation "big red" were produced for users w/ large hands, as I'm sure you may have noticed the grip is indeed, quite thin.

Converting a realsteel bigred stock is doable - I'm actually gearing up to do just that once my stock arrives from the states...

It's already been done, fellow by the name of BlastyMan/John on ASC did the conversion and it's a beaut!

It is not a problem to make the stock, particularily the grip area a bit more "beefy".  A large amount of M14 stocks by the designation "big red" were produced for users w/ large hands, as I'm sure you may have noticed the grip is indeed, quite thin.

Converting a realsteel bigred stock is doable - I'm actually gearing up to do just that once my stock arrives from the states...

It's already been done, fellow by the name of BlastyMan/John on ASC did the conversion and it's a beaut!

But making from scratch as was stated would require sufficient knowledge of wood working and lathe work. I know about Big Red stocks and what I'm telling you is for the amount your going to pay for the real wood stock you might as well get one thats already converted. The E2 stock being discussed is worthless with/out its bipod. (unless your not going for the E2 M14 but some other EBR wannabe stock)

Archived