Knight's Armament Rifles/Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VFC SR16-E3 URX AEG on the left. G&P SR16 GBB on the right.

sr16comparisonsz1.jpg

I kinda wish I had a black replica PEQ-15 for the GBB... but it'd go to waste as this is probably the only time we'll ever see my GBB in this configuration. Tonight I'm ditching all the black accessories, and the Magpul/LaRue UDE furniture goes on it.

One of my teammates said that when he receives his, he'll probably polish the bolt to a near chrome finish. I might have to do that too. I'm not a big fan of the G&P finish as it is.

I've installed the Ambi-selector on the G&P GBB. I was pretty nervous at first as my previous attempt last year with my stock WA M4 turned out to be a real PITA. Now that I realize how easy it is to install, it's a piece o' cake! Kinda wish the GBB had all the same ambi functions as my VFC SR16. That'd be sweet. <_<

Edit:

Anyone know whether the VFC SR16 flashhiders are CW or CCW?

CCW

Edited by uscmCorps
Impresive SR15's with a lot RS parts. How it perfoms VFC?

The VFC is awesome. I'm extremely pleased with it and it's become my new primary along with my KAC PDW. Both are upgraded and shooting around 400 fps on 0.2g Bio BBs, or 363 fps on 0.25g Bio BBs (376 on 0.25g Bios are the max for where I play).

p10101259ya.jpg

p1010128copy4ru.jpg

p1010129copy3md.jpg

p1030136copy4fd.jpg

p61700540rw.jpg

p61700533hx.jpg

p61700565dl.jpg

p61700557ro.jpg

G&P SR25

G&P SR25 RAS

G&P M3 scope

Real harris bipod

KAC rail covers

still needs

Badger tactical latch

Butler Creek scope covers

Flip up sights (on the way)

Mk11 MOD 0 silencer

this is what i crying for, people say G&P has stop producing the SR25

LaRue Tactical : Urban Dark Earth]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5376/ude01sd4.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7391/ude02az4.jpg

Also added a set of KNS Precision Gen 2 MOD 2 Low Profile Non-Rotating Hammer & Trigger Pins.

Yep, I did.

It was messy.

work in progress, it's nothing on usmc's though =/

PICT0529.jpg

still needs a new stock, shortened wiring, inner barrel, and stock battery

not sure which stock to get right now, either a G&P marines stock or a magpul

maybe a higher riser too

if anyone wants a DMR KAC m16 front set PM me, got a complete one for sale, outer barrel, inner barrel, knights folding front sight and KAC full length RAS

Edited by Althis

Althis, that's coming along nicely. I'd recommend a higher riser for the Micro. I don't think the current riser can let you co-witness can it? If it can... then ignore my last. ;)

The G&P Marine stock is nice... but quite long. Your barrel is only 11.5" long so the long stock may look disproportionately long. A Vltor MOD stock might look good though. Then again, the marine stock might be just what it needs. *sigh* It's hard to say.

i was thinking of the short version of the marines stock, and yeah the riser is too low to cowitness =/ my budget is too low to buy a real larue one and i cant find any clone risers that are sold separately from the clone micros

Edited by Althis
  • 2 weeks later...

just an eyeball method, it wasn't really too hard actually.

I just tightened the first nut over the barrel all the way. I screwed in the ras, and the inner nut until it lines up, unscrewed the ras and tighten the inner nut a bit, it was trial and error until it was lined up.

just an eyeball method, it wasn't really too hard actually.

I just tightened the first nut over the barrel all the way. I screwed in the ras, and the inner nut until it lines up, unscrewed the ras and tighten the inner nut a bit, it was trial and error until it was lined up.

Yep, that's the way I did it too... Takes a while though.....

Did you notice the rail on the upper receiver is out of spec for throw arm mounts? I can install mounts that have thumb screws, but throw arms aren't fitting. <_<

A LaRue or ADM mount would solve that problem.

Edited by slu

yeah the the rail doesn't match up to my reciever rails, even though they were both made by G&P...

I wanted to mount my micro aimpoint further up, but it won't work if it is overlapping the URX and the reciever rail. It seems like the URX rails are a little bit higher than the ones on my reciever

The finish is also different, the reciever is a grey while the URX is a flat black, kinda disappointing =(

Edited by Spartan452