CA M4 series for frst AEG?

THE FIEND

Everyone i have asked for advice on my first AEG has told me to get a TM because of the reliability. Everytime i see a pic of a TM im just not impressed with the look like i am with a CA or an ICS. The thing is i cant make myself pay 220+$ for a TM when i could get a CA with a full metal body and more FPS out of the box for maybe 5$ more. If regular maintenance is the reason i can handle whatever has to be done. What does have to be done? So is CA ok for a first AEG?? Or should I dish out the big bucks (which i dont have) for a TM metal reciever??

my friend was interested in airsoft and a teammates m733 was so light and toylike that he almost didnt commit to an aeg.. then he met the M15 which is with the RIS heavier than the real M16's i have held. His m15 works well and is very very solid. In theroy the CA is superior with its steel gears and there are some quality concerns cause in the distant past they made some real bad mp5's but i think this is a new chapter for them i have yet to hear bad words about the M15

If you had the choice of a CA, ICS or TM Armalite then you'd have to be retarded tp choose the TM gun over the others.

The only reason for choosing a TM gun is if you can't afford the ICS or CA guns. Even that's false economy since the receiver tabs will almost certainly break and you'll end up being forced to buy a metal body to get the gun working again.

I notice this thread is entitled "CA M4 series..."

There is an important point here. The CA M4s were a bit ropey. If you've found a CA M4 for sale somewhere then avoid it. The most recent CA guns are actually M15s, made under license from Armalite. These guns are the ones to go for.

CA stopped selling guns with M4 markings about 2 years ago, so it's unlikely you'll actually find one.

CA, imo.

Fiend, there's a forward assist on the CA m15 series, but it doesn't do much than look like a forward assist.

I would say 99% of the aftermarket parts are compatible with CA, with the exception of a few barrel kits(KM xm177 and 653 kits) that requires the crappy barrel deign TM uses, but they're not many and there are alternatives to them.

Both the ICS and the CA guns are well made.

The easiest way to decide which gun you want is to pick based upon looks.

Personally, i think the ics m4's are incredibly ugly. I dont find the greyish finish appealing at all so i went for the m15 and i am MORE then pleased with my rifle.

if you really want to put some more cash into it then geta full metal M4. That way you can trust the barrel without barrel wobble etc. Also it adds some weight making it a joy to carry. I almost regret buying a TM . So for a first AEG you really couldn't miss with the right CA M4A1. Cheers!

-EnZo-

what is the difference between the CA M15A2 and M15A4??

The A2s have a receiver with a carry-handle built in. An A4 receiver is cast as a flat-top with a weaver rail on top. the carry-handle is then bolted on to that.

If you buy an A4 it means you can whip the carry-handle off and bung a scope straight onto the rail for that SOPMOD look.

Basically, the only people who want the A2 versions are those who plan to customise the gun into a Vietnam era M16 or just prefer earlier look. The Delta-Force guys from the film Blackhawk Down, for example, used A2 Armalites because, at that time, the removeable carry handle wasn't in service. This is the kind of thing that causes people to choose the A2 spec gun.

For practicality, go for the A4 version no question.

Personally, I bought the ICS M4. There's nothing wrong with the CA gun, in fact it's (slightly) more powerful as standard. However, the CA gun is totally "normal". There's nothing clever, innovative or interesting about the way it works. The ICS gun has a revolutionary gearbox design and the working Forward Assist has already proved itself useful to me on several occasions.

As an ICS owner I'd still have to admit that the CA gun looks prettier. The ICS gun is the more interesting choice though.

I got a CA m15a4 tact. carbine for christmas and i love it! But make sure the wires are ok, because mine isent shooting because the wire is cut and i have to send it back for a new one. Right when you open the box you know you made the right choice just by looking at it, its beautiful with the metal black finish. Also the front barrel is made of a real tuff material and it feels like it will never crack. Also i would get the a4 because i like taking the carry handle of and going for the socom look.

But still ICS is also a great choice.

Doed ICS have all of the quality control glitches like CA?

I haven't heard of as many QC issues with ICS as CA.

It's not usually big problems with CA guns. I reckon my MP5 was probably as bad as it gets. It had several loose screws and the motor shim was stuck to the side of the motor, rather than in its proper place underneath it.

I always give my new guns a "once over" before I use them but, with stuff like I just mentioned going on, you can see how CA got a cr@p reputation.

Since I do own both a CA M15A4 and and ICS M4 C-15, I guess I can speak on this topic.

They both have full metal bodies, something TM lacks without an extra $150-$200 (for a decent one). The only problem I ever found with my M15A4 is that one of the wires in the motor tends to slip out of place. However, with a small piece of electric tape this is easily solved.

Power wise, the M15A4 series exceeds the ICS M4 series out of the box. You'll typically find the ICS M4's to be firing at an estimated 275 FPS while the M15A4's are in the range from 280-300 FPS. Either way, the upgrade potential for the guns is just about the same. And yes, I have found the internals to be much more stable and durable than TM's. Maybe it has something do with metal?

The only real difference you're going to find, outside of the stock FPS, are the gearboxes (like Hissing Sid stated) and motors. ICS revolutionary gearbox is fantastic, and the ICS Turbo series motors are also quite fantastic; they just sound a tad bit, well, different.

All in all, the M15A4's are probably your better choice. Financially, they're a tad bit cheaper. I would recommend (in order) the S.P.C., Tactical Carbine, or the R.I.S.

Archived