Inferno GmbH 40mm "Badger"

InfernoGmbH

"With headlights blacked out, the rusty old Peugot makes its way through Pembrookeshire. The squeeky brakes bring the car to a stop near a sett, and two men clumsily make their way out of the car and into the woods, spades and torches in hand. As the baiters prepare to dig, they are unaware that Brock has their Peugot in his sights, a 40mm HE shell chambered in his gun. Less than two seconds after the round leaves the barrel, the night sky is shattered as an immense fireball erupts from the vehicle. Before the smell of burning tires and petro can reach them, the men drop their spades and run in panic. One of them hears an unusual metallic clanking noise off to his right, and takes a quick glance to see what it is-- perched at a distant sett opening he sees a familiar black & white striped face sighting in on him from behind the muzzle of a very large 40mm rifle..."

ztbtoh.jpg

Okay, so maybe it is a bit far-fetched to assume that badgers would use my 40mm to defend their setts from baiters and DEFRA, but it would explain why the gun can be broken down to small bits for easy transport, or how the telescoping stock accommodates boars and sows alike.

The basics: Breech-loaded 40mm gas grenade launcher, single-action firing mechanism. Mostly scratch-built with a few ready-made parts (trigger, hammer, hammer pin retainer, rails). I was going to do a bolt-action, but it would have been too complicated, more prone to jamming, and wouldn't be easy to change the shell type if the situation called for it. Can take practically any 40mm gas shell out there up to the size of the Moscart Shower Shell. Field barrel has a front sight and green paint to blend in, carbine barrel is ventilated with a faux pakerized finish. Grip and cheek rest cut & stained, former with rubber Griz. Win. Mag. grip plates attached. As for the name, well, I just like badgers. That ought to be reason enough.

Carbine barrel:

ztbtx2.jpg

Full-sized "field" barrel:

ztbtyq.jpg

That is one mad piece of kit !

What sort of range / spread reduction benefits do the field length barrel give in comparision to the carbine size ? Kudos, looks nicely made and certainly something to scare the ###### out of people with :D

Thanks all! The girl is indeed my g/f... the girl, the gun, I'm lucky to have both!

As you can see, the gun is bigger than her baby sister!

ztbwaw.jpg

Viper2681: The Mustang belongs to my girl, I drive a 4X4 Blazer now.

Shard: I have yet to test that out, the epoxy has barely cured on this thing before I started banging out the pics. I was hoping to take her to a game today, but all were canceled... the shorter barrel should give more show of gas, but the longer one sounds a bit better. I think I'll build a third barrel that will end at the lower rail unit-- you know, for CQB use...

Aod: Nope, but that's a good idea! Will do tomorrow morning!

Awesome! I fully support your right to arm badgers....

What's your intention behind the two barrel lengths? The "full size" looks like it would be quite unwieldy in the field actually - and that it would restrict the spread of the "shot".

What's the advantage of this over an M79 or an HK69, etc.?

JKT 1: The barrel lengths don't seem to make a major difference from what I've seen yet, but more testing needs to be done-- I built the longer barrel more for psychological impact though. As for the advantage over the M79 or HK launcher... well, for one thing, nobody else has one of these monsters. Also, I know there are smaller launchers out there that will get the job done just as well, but there's something about shouldering this thing I can't put to words... I'm sure the badgers would agree.

I find it interesting that you find interesting me finding it interesting.

:zorro:

I'd find it interesting if we could stop being interested in things that are not remotely interesting and certainly not as interesting as the interesting gun that interesting airsoftsmith Inferno has cooked up.

Interestingly.

that sure kicks a**..ooo yeah :D

congrats on that piece of yours....still talking 'bout the gun...yes i'm sure...

i was going to say something stupid..noup..ain't going to after all..arg

"running to the ocean 100 feet away..splash"

Archived