KSC 1911 A1

FarEast

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please excuse me if I fail to understand, but why is everyone getting excited over this KSC 1911?  Doesn't WA's low-priced versions already fill this nitch?

Eh? People are excited over this?

I guess people's hope is that the new KSC finish would be better than the WA Magna Tech's. But seeing WA has far more experience in designing 1911's, even their low-priced ones will probably still be the better choice.

The two advantages that this has over the WA magnatech SCW3 etc etc 1911 are that it can run green from the get-go(?), and that it is more likely to have upgrade parts and accessories readily available (whereas the SCW3 has no metal bodies that are compatible).

1. I run green in my marsoc (scw2) from the get-go without any problems.

2. There are a few scw3 specific kits available already. I believe that someone on here reported that an scw2 slides & frame will fit.

3. Some parts like the springs should work on scw3 also.

4. SCW2/3 come with a standard 6.03 TB barrel

Accuracy of the KSC isn't all that if you read the PDI review. But then again a lot of people could say the same about WA's. My Marsoc shoots wonderfully, the only thing that's killing me is leaky mags :angry:. The newer 21rds seem to be alot better and much easier to fill then the Wilson combat ones. Which leaves everything up to Marui and a few choice companies to produce a full metal 1911 in both classic and modern variants

The two advantages that this has over the WA magnatech SCW3 etc etc 1911 are that it can run green from the get-go(?), and that it is more likely to have upgrade parts and accessories readily available (whereas the SCW3 has no metal bodies that are compatible).

What makes you think the KSC 1911 will take green out of the box (at any temperature)?

KSCs are probably the make (After Maruzen) that I least trust on green gas...

I guess the real advantage is that you'll be able to get the same model for years, rather than WA releasing something different every week and, therefore, the upgrades being made in small numbers and selling out quickly.

Another reason to stick with Magna R WAs :D

Cheers.

Well, there are at least three lengthy threads on this pistol at the moment.

And I do agree with Snowman. There are plenty of KSC guns that cannot take HFC22, and there's no guarantee that their 1911 will not be one of those.

And I do believe TM's quality isn't all that hot, but it doesn't seem to bother most people...

Well, for a hardcore 1911 fan, you should stick with WA.

Why ?

Theres a lot a variants, a lot a metal kits, a lot of parts,...

Whereas metal kits for KSC are very rare, especially the metal frame (there isn't even one for the m9...). Spare parts are very hard to find, kick is pathetic, and the mechanic is so unreliable (I always have issues with my KSC guns, except from the USP range, I keep fingers crossed).

But that's right that KSC guns have a great finish out of the box, usually with full trades, and the ksc logo is always hidden somewhere, mags are beautiful.

Well, somethinf about this 1911, we don't know if it's a JV or TV ?

Looking at the price, I assume it's a Japan Version.

Does anyone know:

does the KSC version have a transitional hammer like the WA?

you know: can I gently let the hammer down without it firing or the hammer resting on the mag valve waiting to get knocked and shoot me in the foot/balls?

Archived