Redwolf VS. US Customs

Mikeydog

Well it looks like US Customs has stepped up and dropped the hammer on Redwolf Airsoft. I just ordered a TM M14 from Redwolf, and it was shipped via FedEx. It made it to LA and then was seized by US Customs. I called customs and talked with a lady that said they are seizing all Redwolf shipments because the Flash hiders aren't glued on well enough or the red paint chips off too easily. She said something to the effect, that maybe Redwolf will learn this is unacceptable.. They have stepped up seizures over the last couple weeks.

This sucks so bad, I have been jonezin big time for this M14, had it pre-upgraded and everything, and it finally shipped and was supposed to be delivered yesterday. DAMN…

Anyone else been seized in the last couple weeks.

Mike

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly Redwolf has a 100% guarantee that if customs seizes something they will reship it or refund your money. We will see what happens.. I have already sent off an e-mail to redwolf about it. And FedEx is supposed to call me to authorize it being shipped back to HK..

Kinda a bummer..

Well it looks like US Customs has stepped up and dropped the hammer on Redwolf Airsoft.  I just ordered a TM M14 from Redwolf, and it was shipped via FedEx.  It made it to LA and then was seized by US Customs.  I called customs and talked with a lady that said they are seizing all Redwolf shipments because the Flash hiders aren't glued on well enough or the red paint chips off too easily.  She said something to the effect, that maybe Redwolf will learn this is unacceptable..  They have stepped up seizures over the last couple weeks.

This sucks so bad, I have been jonezin big time for this M14, had it pre-upgraded and everything, and it finally shipped and was supposed to be delivered yesterday.  DAMN…

Anyone else been seized in the last couple weeks.

Mike

Well, they caught up with them. I never had a problem with flash hiders from them. It was hard to get the stuff off infact. Stupid government intrusions!!!!

Also, I would'nt have had it preupgraded. They suck at upgrading. I would have just ordered the gun and parts and done it myself, or had a mate do it. Its much easier than it sounds and would have given you the experiance to do more in the future.

ouch... that hurts. So, out of curiosity, if you don't get your rifle, do you at least get your money back? If not, Customs is just screwing you and not Red Wolf...

Yes, money will be sent back if they can't get it in. Chances are, redwofl will get it in. Definetaly infact.

Well that sucks a big floppy one :o  Never ever order from across the pond if you can avoid it :waggle:  I won't risk it ;)

You are a *beep* head mate. Why order a gun from a place like airsoft atlanta for $400 when you can get the same thing for $250 included shipping from "across the pond". you are a stupid stupid man. I have ordered thrice from Redwolf and all of my orders have come through without a hitch, and have saved me hundreds of dollars. A mate of mine has ordered from them 20 odd times has never had an order seized or taxed. Myth it seems can fool the fools.

~P

Well that sucks a big floppy one :o  Never ever order from across the pond if you can avoid it :waggle:  I won't risk it ;)

I will continue to order stuff from Overseas.. For the most part a lot of the stuff is much cheaper, even with the high shipping costs.. I would bet I saved over $100 on this last order from Redwolf. Granted it looks like it is going back.

######, now im wondering how im going to buy stuff from redwolf, do you think that theyll let items that dont require orange paint pass through? such as inner barrels and pistons?

Yes US Customs will let all other items through. In fact they said they would open up the package and let mags and BB's and such through but probably not the gun.

Well, they caught up with them. I never had a problem with flash hiders from them. It was hard to get the stuff off infact. Stupid government intrusions!!!!

They must have really just cracked down because I ordered an MP7 back in March and it came with all trades intact, and the flash hider was just held on with some type of rubber cement type material.. But when I called US Customs they didn't even ask for an Order# or Tracking#. They just asked who I ordered from and when I said Redwolf Airsoft she immediately said "Yeap we are stopping everything from them".. Hopefully Redwolf and Customs will get stuff worked out..

The thing I don't see is why it matters if the flash hider is removable. Don't they know that people can just go to the local walmart and pick up some chems and take it off? or paint over it? The government is stupid.

~P

(the above post revealed nothing about how to take orange paint off)

You should order from War 4 Toys becuase they sorta............. hide the flash hiders under the foam (but you didnt here thiss from me  :waggle:  )

Or poweredge because they cover the trades with tin foil.. most of the time..

and hehe their red paint comes off with water.. but you didn't hear it from me :P

:cheese:

You should order from War 4 Toys becuase they sorta............. hide the flash hiders under the foam (but you didnt here thiss from me  :waggle:  )

I don't think it would have mattered if the flash hider was hidden. They seem to be searching the boxes, and are getting a little hard core or at least a little more vigilant. I had heard in previous posts that they were going after War 4 Toys a while ago..

Or poweredge because they cover the trades with tin foil.. most of the time..

and hehe their red paint comes off with water.. but you didn't hear it from me  :P

PowerEdge is in the USA (Hawaii) so they don't go through customs..

I don't think it would have mattered if the flash hider was hidden.  They seem to be searching the boxes, and are getting a little hard core or at least a little more vigilant.  I had heard in previous posts that they were going after War 4 Toys a while ago..

PowerEdge is in the USA (Hawaii) so they don't go through customs..

Exactly ;)

they manage to keep the prices decent to I might add.

Customs is retarded. I ordered a gun a while back from RW, and it took me 2 hours with a crescent wrench to get the damn flash hider off. I've also bought thousands of $$$ worth of stuff from them and I've never had customs seize anything. I've only had one instance where customs actually opened a package.

Ask RW to ship via DHL. I've had way too many problems with Fed-Ex

Customs is retarded. I ordered a gun a while back from RW, and it took me 2 hours with a crescent wrench to get the damn flash hider off.  I've also bought thousands of $$$ worth of stuff from them and I've never had customs seize anything.  I've only had one instance where customs actually opened a package.

Ask RW to ship via DHL.  I've had way too many problems with Fed-Ex

What is DHL? is it slower? Does this get me pass this issue???!!

WHY ME??!!

I order from them quite a bit and I have to say they are one of my favorite but they are the only one that kind of insist that they ship Fedex (they must get good rates from them or something) and last time I asked them to ship Speedpost and they told me it would be $8.00 more than what was quoted on their regular ship out. So I told them to go ahead and ship it Fedex. Luckily none of the items were "restricted" items but for some reason US Customs seem to check (open packages) more often when shipped via Fedex.

hmm... i have made near 5000 in orders to redwolf... never had a problem. I guess ordering stuff like flashlights and mags will be fine tho???? i hope.

WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR GUN!!! I ORDERED ONE M4 RIFLES AND A AEP, I AM OUT OF MY MIND RIGHT NOW!!

Ok I'm really not as freaked out as I sound, but seriously this is *fruitcage*ed up. I've been anxious these last couple of days because it was in "processing" for 2 days, and the first time I ordered from them(few months) they shipped it the second day and arrived the third day. Mabey they are holding them until it gets settled?

Is there any way they can still send it to me without long wait and no confication?

OMG, *fruitcage*. I am VERY *fruitcage* ###### RIGHT NOW. I just ordered from them on friday, and now i learn this?! GOD NO.

What is the number to call customs?

I have it on my desk at work. I will get if for you tomorrow morning

Customs is retarded. I ordered a gun a while back from RW, and it took me 2 hours with a crescent wrench to get the damn flash hider off.  I've also bought thousands of $$$ worth of stuff from them and I've never had customs seize anything.  I've only had one instance where customs actually opened a package.

Ask RW to ship via DHL.  I've had way too many problems with Fed-Ex

I don't think it will matter who RW ships it through. Like I said earlier the US Customs officer said they are opening basically all RW packages. They are basically targeting RW right now, and started doing this about 2 weeks ago. She never asked for my tracking number or anything. When I said I ordered from RW she said if there was a gun in it, it was going back. She did make it seem like they would open the package and forward everything else on to me, but the gun was going back to Hong Kong..

hmm... i have made near 5000 in orders to redwolf... never had a problem. I guess ordering stuff like flashlights and mags will be fine tho???? i hope.

Yeah everything else should be fine. I guess RedWolf needs to work something out with Customs to fix this problem. I can't believe that they have been seizing guns for 2 weeks and Redwolf hasn't or won't do anything to rectify the problem.. We will see. The customs gal said I will be recieving a letter from USCustoms in about 30 days if they seize it, or I may recieve a call from FedEx to give the ok to ship it back to HK..

Archived