Kwc S&W Sigma40F

Nesal

Ok Ive had this gun for about 2 years, and I know its a piece of junk! It´s been broken for 6 months and today i was playing around with it and noticed something. Now, whats wrong with it? Well, when you cock it, you slide the slide back the hammer (is inside slide, not sure if its still called a hammer!) cocks ok? then when the slide goes back (forward) the hammer sometimes stays cocked and sometimes doesnt! Why could this be? ive noticed that if I manually cock the gun and put some slight pressure on the rear pat of the slide it usually stays cocked. theres something very wierd going on! I dont get it! Any explanations?or solutions?

I have one too. With a similar problem that occurs about once every 6 months.

The problem is probably the trigger sear assembly. With my pistol it occasionally jams when inserting a magazine, and this usually results in the trigger sear assembly falling to pieces (oh yeah, quality workmanship... :angry:), this stops the pistol from cocking correctly. I'll try to illustrate a fix...

DSCF0073.JPG

Step 1: Remove the magazine and cock the pistol (if possible). If the hammer won't stay back, you'll need to get a small screwdriver or flat piece of metal to sit between the hammer and the slide to keep it held down.

Step 2: Pull down both of the clips situated above the trigger guard, then push the slide forward and off of the lower receiver.

DSCF0074.JPG

Step 3: There is one pin you need to push through to release the hammer/sear assembly from the lower receiver. Remove the pin and pull the mechanism out of the gun.

DSCF0075.JPG

DSCF0077.JPG

Step 4: This is where I assume the problem lies. There is a small black pin that holds part of the sear assembly into the hammer assembly. Push this pin out and remove the inner sear. Be careful not to lose the coiled spring!

DSCF0079.JPG

Step 5: If I am right, you will find that the silver bar going through the smaller mechanism has probably worked itself loose. I think this is caused by the small forward-facing bar (this is the 'firing pin' so to speak, it operates the valve on the magazine when fired) having too much lateral movement, in short, it wobbles too much :D. I fixed this by placing a small rubber washer inbetween the forward facing bar, and the rear facing one.

DSCF0081.JPG

Step 6: Reassembly... Always more awkward that you expect but here goes... Once you have the smaller sear assembly back in one piece, you need to reinsert it back into the larger assembly, with the spring in the right place. Once it's back in place and you have the bar back through, you'll need to 'flick' the shorter end of the spring up and over the hammer lock bar (this is easier when the hammer is locked back: pull the hammer backwards and then move the locking bar back with it, the hammer should remain cocked).

DSCF0082.JPG

DSCF0085.JPG

Step 7: Once you are done, replace the complete sear assembly back into the lower receiver and lock it in place with the pin. Now with the hammer still cocked back, replace the slide (best done upside down as the barrel tends to droop). Now replace the magazine, point the gun in a safe direction, and fire. If you have been successful, the gun should now operate normally :).

I hope that's of some help. If after all this the gun still doesn't work, it's not my fault :D.

Ok... it didnt work! :( ! The slide feels very hard to push back, I dont know why... I think Ill just assume its dead lol! Thanks fotr the help, if you can think of anything great if not no prob!

It might be the case that the shorter end of the small coiled spring in your pistol has become bent (you can see in the pics that even mine is starting to curve). I guess this could stop the hammer from locking back properly. It might be worth your while trying to get hold of a replacement, I can't imagine it would be all that expensive. You could try using a little light machine oil on the hammer lock bar as well.

Other than that, I'm pretty much out of ideas :(.

Thanks for my first +1 thought :D.

Archived