Dirty harry

dirtyharry.44

Hello, I am new to this site, I just registered today, and I thought i would start a thread about the Marushin, 8mm GBB 44 auto mag and the Tanaka S&W 44 magnum 6.5''-(both "dirty harry gun's in regards to the title). I bought one of each, and have had them about 3 weeks now. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!!!!! I have read other threads on this site about automags and most people like them, but a lot of people don't. and i'm pretty sure everyone like tanaka revolvers. I just wanted to post some pics and basically get started here. I bought a NBB automag about 2 or 3 years ago and i couldn't stand it, it didn't look good and it didn't perform good, but this blowback one works amazing, and it's extremely accurate. as for the Tanaka, I have never owned a Tanaka revolver before, and it took me a couple of days to get use to it, but i really like it now. I bought the HW version of it, and it's not much lighter than the real thing! I wanted a midnight blue one but couldn't find one. The tanaka is very inconsistent in accuracy(I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to adjust the hop-up on this gun/if you can adjust the hop-up??????) I read a review on this gun (the tanaka) and it said it was very loud, however, my gun seems to be on the quiet side- does anybody know why this would be??? i am going to put some pics of the two guns, if i can get this camera to work, please post your opinions and pics!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the accuracy, did you try heavier bbs? I read a review that said with green gas you need to use like .28g or .3g bbs in the tanaka because it is so powerful.

That sounds logical, i think i have been using .2's or something, i will have to order some heavier ones! thanks alot! :-)

Which Automag do you have?

I had an NBB, too, and it was very dull (although awesomely powerful). Did you get the silver one? What's the quality of the finish like, if so?

What sort of fps do you get?

Cheers.

PS gallery_312_308_145567.jpg - muw-ha-ha!!!!!

snowman, yes i bought the silver one, and its absolutely gorgeous! I would definitely encourage you to buy it. It really looks like POLISHED real steel, and it doesn't scratch easy either! That pic of the M29 you posted was beautiful, what a difference between that finish and mine, although I like the look of the dull finish on it, it looks better with the midnight blue finish. With green gas, I'm getting around 420 fps with the automag, which I think is really good. I got the camera to work sooooo here they are..............ironmistress067.jpg

ironmistress070.jpg

ironmistress069.jpg

ironmistress068.jpg

Does anyone know why my pictures are so fuzzy???? and how I can fix it????

The tanaka does not take shells, it has replica shells that are not removeable, which kind of turned me off of it at first, but I would still encourage you to buy one. just this minute, I put some reel steel S&W smooth grips, which I think look fantastic here is a pic of that

ironmistress076.jpg

as for some more automag pics-........YOU GOT IT!!!!! :D

ironmistress079.jpg

ironmistress081.jpg

The pics are great, thanks for that.

Hmm, though you are right (it does look very good for a ABS version), it still seems to be made of it somehow :( But I think I'll get one, too, later on, hehe.

Definitely try .25s in the Tanaka. I run all my Tanakas on .25s and Propane and for great power and consistent accuracy. I've tried .28s, but they drop too quick for my liking.

Thanks!!!!!!! I looked at the bag of bb's I was using, and thet are .2's. So I went and looked in my shed and found a bag of .20's!!! what a difference!!!!!!

Archived